Girls: Scared of giving birth? Watch

SpamBa
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Its not the giving birth that scares me as much as the thought of being pregnant. I mean you are literally being fed off by this leechy thing for nine months! I also have unstable joints so I'm not sure if it would be a really good idea. I want children, but I would consider adopting them from China or something rather than go through the whole process of losing my figure! My mother says this is how everyone feels until they meet the man they want to have children with, but I don't know if I could stand being pregnant more than once, at a push. Your body can go back the first time, but only the first time.
kate03
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Not scared of giving birth as I don't want children
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by a_t)
No, I should believe random people on a student forum, shouldn't I?
If they have personal experience of a subject or certain situation, it's bound to be more reliable than reading something that may be written by somebody who is merely an observer, and does NOT have personal experience of that situation.

That's not to say that everything you read is a load of rubbish either, because clearly somethings will be written by people who have personal experiences of things.

But I can categorically state that "your vagina will never been the same again" is not true for all woman. For some, perhaps, but not for all. There are woman whose post-pregnancy vaginas are just the same as pre-pregnancy. Speaking from personal experience.
PinkMobilePhone
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by SpamBa)
Your body can go back the first time, but only the first time.
depends on the woman, and how she has carried the baby (to the front, to the back), how big the baby was, how good her stomach muscles are etc. etc.

some women do not even get their figures back after the first baby (sadly I'm one of those women).

Other women....well.....(I hate them)....

mother of 2
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/200...LT_468x603.jpg

mother of 3
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/...-6_468x375.jpg

mother of 4
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...1/AliStand.jpg
Trishyy
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
And Heidi Klum too! Mother-to-be of FOUR!

But still... -shivers-

I once read about this lady who gave birth but her baby was so big it ripped her right up to her anus and she had to have major stitches and was in pain for more than 6 months after.

Water births sound a lot better though? And when you poop in it, they can just scoop it out with a net :nooo:
PinkMobilePhone
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Trishyy)
I once read about this lady who gave birth but her baby was so big it ripped her right up to her anus and she had to have major stitches and was in pain for more than 6 months after.
Yes that does sometimes happen. 4th degree tears. Not pretty.
Lell
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The idea of having to look after a baby and the impact it would have on my life is a far worse thought to me than giving birth. Good thing I never want to have children, I hate the idea of my freedom being taken away.
Lell
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by heartofglass)
Not sure if anyone's mentioned this as i haven't read the whole thread, but as i only have size 2 feet, apparently i can't give birth the natural way, i have to have a c-section! Because the size of the feet are proportionate to width of hips or something, if you have smaller than size 4 feet your hips aren't wide enough to give birth naturally. However i don't know if this is true as i've forgotten where i got this bit of information from AND your feet grow when you're pregnant, but i really hope this is true! I really wouldn't mind a relatively small scar on my stomach compared to the agony of natural birth as the thought of it does terrify me!
Hmm, I have size 3 feet and wide hips...(relative to my body that is).
oo_Lucinda_oo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by randomgirl)
Yeah I'm scared about it too. All that pain :eek3: but I guess a lot of people go on to have more than one child so it can't be too off-putting!
Yeah but to be fair, that's because after you've had one they just fall out apparently :tongue:
PinkMobilePhone
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
Yeah but to be fair, that's because after you've had one they just fall out apparently :tongue:
hahahahaha oh man if only that were true
oo_Lucinda_oo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
hahahahaha oh man if only that were true
Haha, don't worry I was joking :tongue:

Three days overdue! Eek you must be excited, if a bit uncomfortable. Good luck with the new arrival
PinkMobilePhone
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
Haha, don't worry I was joking :tongue:

Three days overdue! Eek you must be excited, if a bit uncomfortable. Good luck with the new arrival
thank you

lol uncomfortable is an understatement
Ijustdon'treallyknow
Badges: 9
Report 9 years ago
:afraid:

I hope I never have to give birth.
x y z
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
depends on the woman, and how she has carried the baby (to the front, to the back), how big the baby was, how good her stomach muscles are etc. etc.

some women do not even get their figures back after the first baby (sadly I'm one of those women).

Other women....well.....(I hate them)....

mother of 2
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/200...LT_468x603.jpg

mother of 3
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/...-6_468x375.jpg

mother of 4
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...1/AliStand.jpg
Ew at the third woman. :lolwut:
missy91
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yepp, the idea scares the hell outta me. I want to have kids, but the actual birth process doesn't appeal to me lol or stretchmarks ... but it's not enough to make me want a C-section, if I can have kids 'naturally'.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (542)
37.74%
No - but I will (112)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (98)
6.82%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (684)
47.63%

Watched Threads