Zombies have uprisen... Watch

Varsity
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Gourdman)
Why grenades? They'd only work against 28-Zombies which are technically alive and would die from sufficient shrapnel intake. Against D-Zombies you'd need a decap which would be really unlikely with a frag grenade. Although the claymores might sufficiently gib them to prevent them being a threat.
I can’t think of anything worse than using explosives, and especially claymores, against zombies. It creates two threats

1) The fly projectiles that enter a zombie’s body, and then continues on along with the associated blood and bone shrapnel. You could easily infect yourself or other survivors by accident.

2) IF it dropped zombies to the floor these are often harder to spot, especially if you have to walk thought a mass of zombie bodies. Much better to have them walking, of they are standing you know they are a threat.

Af for weapons a lot of people seem to be talking about big meaty guns like Desert Eagles and shotguns. Personally I would be going for much smaller calibre weapons because of ease of use and the fact you can carry much more ammunition.

My weapon of choice? M1 Carbine (note not the M1 Garand ala Saving Private Ryan, its too heavy) in the smallest calibre I can get my hands on.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1_carbines
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
its the repopulating civilisation that we should be focusing on.
C2H5OH
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 1721)
its the repopulating civilisation that we should be focusing on.
Nah... let's just slaughter zombies, after all I'd be no use at the whole repopulation thing...

*racks slide on pump-action 12 gauge*
Roast Beef
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by steffi.alexa)
Yeah, just get a boat in a really deep river with a very strong current and hope there just happens to be a Tesco further down river
I think I would probably roll about for a bit and maybie have a hand on mouldy hand combat.

I am joining you, give me a call steff and I'll bring the pengiun, which is still under my sink. IT LIVES!
Aemiliana
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Roast Beef)
I am joining you, give me a call steff and I'll bring the pengiun, which is still under my sink. IT LIVES!
Come and join me! I shall be with my friend...the one that's crazier than you.
Roast Beef
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I would definatly scream like a girl (advisable seeing as i am one) and then run around for a bit.
screenager
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Now that I have slept on it I am thinking 60% of the nation isn't too bad because they can't move very fast so it is unlikely we would lose too much of the remaining 40%. It wouldn't be too difficult for the survivors to meet up and get rid of the zombies.
Cupid Stunt
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Gourdman)
You would die. Quickly. Horribly.

Stabbing will not kill a zombie (unless its a 28-Days-Later Zombie) you need decapitations (at least for Dawn Of The Dead). Which takes quite a lot of strength; your arms would tire very rapidly and you'd be overwhelmed.

You would get infected very quickly, either from a bite (D-Zombies) or the copious blood splatters (28-Zombies)

You CANNOT use melee weapons against zombies. EVER. AT ALL. Your strength is speed, and range.
Nah man, I could mess up a few I bet, the blood splatter thing is pretty lame though, maybe I should cover myself in black bin liners or something.

Punch them in the forehead with the knife fist, how's he going to bite me then??? his head is stuck on my fist. :laugh:

Slice out the ankles so they have crappy balance, I'd have a fun time...

If my arms get tired then I can just run, maybe pull out a riot shield I have on my back to bash one or two out the way if I can run around them.

I think I could easily last a few hours at least.
Mcjazz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mrgd291190)
You say none of the zombies are TSR members! IDEA!

All TSR members find the nearest Internet Café and barricade the doors. From there, we stage the first stage of the war and coordinate our efforts.

Idea will flow thick and fast on GD for the hand-to-hand combat. D&D can handle the military planning and rebuilding and the Subs will tackle coordination and structure of the army itself.

After we build a strategy, the war begins
I will be looking for you in the event of a crisis
Kater Murr
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
OK, this is what I do: I'd leave a message for the family. **** them, they'd be extra baggage (incompetent sods). Get wrapped up nice and warm for a night in the cold; get a rucksack, with the axe from the shed, a kitchen knife or two, a rolling pin, and maybe a steel pole from somewhere (I'll dismantle the bunk beds). A bottle of water, some apples, bread, and cheese. I also need my watch and my phone. I then make haste into the night, sending out a mass text to my friends, asking if they're 'OK' (based on my knowledge that zombies can't text). If one who has a car replies, s/he can come and pick me up, and we'll fetch more. Otherwise, the only way out of the village is the bus (and, I live about 20 metres from a graveyard. Chances of survival seem slim). I wait for the bus; if it comes, I get on. If the bus driver isn't zombified, he takes me wherever he can, preferably Withernsea. If he is, whack whack whack and I nab the bus and go anyway. If the bus doesn't come (zombies often have higher priorities than keeping to bus schedules), it's stealing mother's car, or walking. I'd take the route through Patrington, as it's ever so slightly less isolated (be this for the better or worse).

Once in Withernsea, and grouped with the remaining human friends, we'll have to discuss the best place for us all to hide. This would be where the rest of the alive and well living would congregate (would it? Zombies might be attracted to it, but... the army might be there) - a church? No, society today is too Godless. We'd have to get into the nearest city - Hull - which is far. We'd steal a car again, I think - after rooting around for more weapons each.

Once in Hull, I think we'd have to search around for some sign of life - the town hall? Looters would probably be everywhere... might do a bit of that myself. We'd keep beating, stabbing, and shooting our way through the crowds of the undead, until we found our congregation of people. If we can't find those, make way to the docks - get a boat, drive into the middle of the Humber, and wait for the chaos to end around us.

Edit: Upon finding out that texts are impossible, I would have to go to people's houses. I'd go to... three people's houses, all in With. The rest will have to be left.

Also, lovely music time:

rye225
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
got a glock 9 a mossberg .410 and an ak 47 with a 100 round banana clip

Strapped to the teeth

i run outside and start to unload
Varsity
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Another good place that would be excellent to hide would be a bank! You know one of those old school ones with narrow windows and really strong doors!

Ideally I would find myself the highest block of flats, disable the lift and then destroy the stairs leading from the ground floor to the first floor (with my trusty sledge hammer). Got myself an impenetrable fortress and lots of sources of water (hot an cold water tanks in each flat) and loads of canned food in all the different flats.
Also the advantage of lots of doors hinders the living dead.
Varsity
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by rye225)
got a glock 9 a mossberg .410 and an ak 47 with a 100 round banana clip

Strapped to the teeth

i run outside and start to unload
...and die.

The best weapons for fighting the living dead are semi automatics because you would never be able to resist the urge to go full auto on an AK and waste 90% of your ammo.

Remember in a zombie apocalypse it could take months or even years for the living dead to rot away... need to play the long game people.
fieryiceissweet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ed.)
The Winchester
dont get it.
Dill
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The OP said that the phone lines and signals are down, so everyone who said they'd phone/text their friends/families needs a new plan!
Mr. Mortell
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'd sit and cry whilst they ate me alive.
Tucking Fypo
Badges: 3
Report 10 years ago
I'd beg a well-known sub to organise a meet in London where we'd unite and fight for freedom with our rep power.

Or, if you can't beat them. Join them. :ninja:
Mrgd291190
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mcjazz)
I will be looking for you in the event of a crisis
I look forward to it

Well...as much as anyone can look forward to a crisis...
Mcjazz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mrgd291190)
I look forward to it

Well...as much as anyone can look forward to a crisis...
AKFortySheep
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by fieryiceisswet)
Originally Posted by Ed.
The Winchester
dont get it.
Shaun of the Dead - best zombie movie every!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (215)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
6.93%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.57%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (259)
47.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise