Is there someone you love/like but you just can't? Watch

tricky67
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
a friends ex, who i'm currently hooking up with. recipe for disaster really...
Anonymous #38
Report 10 years ago
a guy that lives too far away from me =( and we both like each other which makes it even worse.
Anonymous #3
Report 10 years ago
^

A story I'm all too familiar with. In fact, I almost wish this post was about me...
Anonymous #25
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
^

A story I'm all too familiar with. In fact, I almost wish this post was about me...

:ditto:
Silveras
Report 10 years ago

:ditto:
same
altho atm we live near each other, soon it wont be the same story
Anonymous #7
Report 10 years ago
^

:ditto: but I think she's just taking me for a ride.

:no:
Anonymous #39
Report 10 years ago
there's my ex who i am trying to win back right now, im so in love with him, its tearing me apart that we're not together. but there's also his friend. who i like, who i set up with one of my friends and he's in love with her now. so im really hoping that me and my ex get back together and these feelings for his friend don't increase anymore and just fade away, quick.
[email protected]
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
There's a guy I like, but he lives so far away it's a non starter. Which is sad because he's beautiful and he wants me.
you never know, my cousin knows this couple who were together for a year and then the girl had to go to work in the UK for a year whilst he had to stay in South Africa, they stayed together, only saw each other once that year at christmas, and when she went bsck they got married and are still happy together.
they probably felt that it would be impossible to maintain that relationship but they both wanted to give it a go and they've made it so far, so you never know.
Anonymous #40
Report 10 years ago
I have loved the same man for the last six years, and even now that he is married with kids and i am engaged to someone else I don't think it will ever go away. It hurts so damn much. He knows how I feel about him and the attraction is mutual but, circumstances etc...
Anonymous #32
Report 10 years ago
User #38:
I feel I know your situation. This lass I like left without leaving me a real possibility to stay in touch with her. She probably meant to make it easier for me but instead she made it harder. I could hardly bear attending her farewell/birthday party... Now she's back in England (I'm in Germany) and I wonder if it would have made any difference had we met any sooner than that. I met her just about a month before she was going to leave. I'd possibly give anything to hear from her, to hear her voice, to know how she is. She told me she was going to come back for that festival next year but I don't think she really understands what she means to me now...
Anonymous #32
Report 10 years ago
User #38, what I wanted to tell you:
If the two of you really like each other, I think you should disregard the distance and start something anyway. You might end up heart-broken if it fails but then it can't become any worse. I'd really give anything to try it but I've got no possibility to reach her... if you've got a chance, take it. There's this saying in German, "Wait and drink tea". Invite him, visit him and see what happens.
Anonymous #41
Report 10 years ago
Yep. A guy I've been working with for the last few weeks. Instant connection, we are so similar in so many ways. I'm 19, he's 30 with a girlfriend and baby. He openly admits to everyone that if there was no baby he wouldnt be with her. There's so much sexual tension between us and I get butterflies even at the prospect of seeing him. It's silly really. We flirt more than we should considering we're both in relationships, albeit failing relationships, and he's said to me on more than one occassion that if we were both single he's be with me in a shot

Life's complicated...
Anonymous #7
Report 10 years ago

I think the feelings are only one way.
Clarence
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
In love with my best friend. Have been for 2 years. Had a little fling then a series of one offs but now were just very close friends, too close for comfort sometimes and he's also seeing one of my mates.

Bugger.
Michelin Man
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(please keep anon, thanks )

I've got the same exact problem. My best female friend is amazingly cute, intelligent and funny. We haven't known each other that long (less than a year), but this definitely isn't infatuation. This is more than me just liking her, I really deeply care about her and we get along so well. She knows things about me that nobody else knows, and vice versa. I've never met anyone more perfect than her.

People also occasionally mistake us for (or assume that we are) a couple. The problem is, is that she has quite a long-term boyfriend.

There have been times when I have made it obvious that I wished us to be more than just friends (usually when we're both drunk). I fear that I'm just becoming, or have already become, her best 'guy friend', having built up a huge amount of trust between us.

There have been times when I've actually moved away from her when she looked as if she was contemplating kissing me, as she would probably have regretted it in the morning.

We slept in the same bed once, fairly close but separated by the covers. Nothing sexual happened at all, it was just sleeping. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this isn't what normal friends do.
Girls, if you had a bf; would you feel comfortable sleeping in the same bed as another good guy friend? How do you think your bf would feel?

This is why I believe we can be more than just friends. Shame it will probably never happen.
You have no idea how much this mirrors my situation minus the boyfriend bit. The girl I like said she doesn't want a relationship right now and is in a funny place right now. I can accept that but it's just so hard because I like her so much and feel we'd probably be perfect for each other. It's just a waiting game I guess.
Anonymous #42
Report 10 years ago
A depressing thread, but strangely nice to know that the whole Pain / love thing is so common...

Gay and likes straight-acting gay guys who I've mistaken to many times for straight attention-lovers who mess me around. You would think I'd learn.
Anonymous #7
Report 10 years ago
Why are some girls so self-centred? :confused:
kitkat01
Report 10 years ago
I had a HUGE crush on a lad in the year above me in high school for 5 years, about a year ago I got talking to him which is something I had only ever dreamed of doing. He said he liked me and eventually asked me out. I was completely over welmed and shocked by this as I NEVER imagined it to happened and I stupidley turned him down. That was the biggest mistake I had ever made in my life as I believe I am in love with him. He now has a girlfriend and is happy with her.
Remo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by kitkat01)
I had a HUGE crush on a lad in the year above me in high school for 5 years, about a year ago I got talking to him which is something I had only ever dreamed of doing. He said he liked me and eventually asked me out. I was completely over welmed and shocked by this as I NEVER imagined it to happened and I stupidley turned him down. That was the biggest mistake I had ever made in my life as I believe I am in love with him. He now has a girlfriend and is happy with her.
omg this sounds like my story. i turned him down too but a month later said i liked him. but we both exams so never met up and i think he just got fed up of waiting for me and it didnt work out so he ended it he probably has a girlfirned now but thers not an hour that i dont think about him...1 more than a month has gone and i still cant seem to move on..even knowing that he has
H.JJJ
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yep

because i didnt have the balls to tell her when she was single....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.66%
No - but I will (103)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (637)
47.79%

Watched Threads