TI-84
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Vintage)
Mascherano.. £5m heh
im sure its been said before but.
CDM (central defensive midfielder's) are probably the worst buys in Fantasy league's.
The Makalele's & the Mascherano's are useless for fantasy.
As for absolute gems, i've found a few, two to be more precise :rolleyes:
Which has let me have Torres & RvP in attack
while having Fabregas & Bently in the middle of the park & Evra, Sagna & Carragher in defence. :yep:
Vintage
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Colesy)
He'd be a gem if it were FM. :P

But in FPL terms he's quite poor, doesn't always start, scores very little, assists very little.

You'd be much better off with someone who starts regularly or scores/assists a lot more, or both.

For the same price you could get Clint Dempsey who played more, scored 5 more goals and assisted twice more than Masch, Steven Pienaar who played about the same amount of minutes as Masch but got 5 more assists and a goal more.

Or even Nicky Butt, who played very regularly for Newcastle, picked up loads of bonus points and even scored 3 goals.
butt only got 1 goal last season :teeth:

Another thing is what do you do for Keeper? The keeper i always get always ends up with - points. So do i go for a Keeper that won't even play a game.. or do i take a risk :teeth:
Laevis
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Another thing is what do you do for Keeper? The keeper i always get always ends up with - points. So do i go for a Keeper that won't even play a game.. or do i take a risk :teeth:
Your keeper ends up with negative points? :s: I don't even think a single keeper's managed to achieve that- certainly not a keeper that plays regularly.

Pick any top 10 keeper and he'll get + points.
Colesy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

The reason I mentioned Butt is because, unlike Mascherano, despite the fact he is pretty much a DM, he played very regularly and got lots of bonus points, which went someway to compensating for his lack of goals.

I'm pretty sure for his price Butt was one of the highest overall scoring mids in FPL.

Face it, Masch sucks for FPL, a defensive midfielder who doesnt score, assist, or even play enough :P.

As for your keeper, do you mean you sub keeper? Because if you mean your first choice, go with one from the big four if possible I'd say, Reina or Cech look good, if that's not possible go for someone like Howard.
TI-84
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I generally dont go for keeprs in the top 4.
Taking the first team keepers from the likes of:
Man City (hint hint :p: ) West Ham, Aston Villa, Everton, Tottenham are usually more productive or as productive and give u an extra £1m to spend somewhere else
Colesy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by TI-84)
I generally dont go for keeprs in the top 4.
Taking the first team keepers from the likes of:
Man City (hint hint :p: ) West Ham, Aston Villa, Everton, Tottenham are usually more productive or as productive and give u an extra £1m to spend somewhere else
I agree on City and Everton . I thought the other 3 teams had awful defences last season though, Rob Green saved a few pens early on so he got a lot of early points but West Ham really do concede a lot of goals. Villa look really short on defenders this season, no classic Olof, and Bouma is injured. Lol not one Spurs defensive player earned over 100 points if I remember. I do agree on City for sure though, just depends on how Hughes takes them eh .

EDIT - One thing I would like to know, from anyone with an interest in Liverpool who watched them during pre season, is Carragher the only dead-cert defender to play regularly d'ya think? Because I'm considering Skrtel but I'm not sure if he'll play regularly now that Agger is back, and I doubt Hyypia will play regularly either (please correct me if I'm wrong ). That .5mil could be crucial .
TI-84
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Lol
I avoid L'pool players like the plague cos of Benitez's rotation system. That being said I do have Carragher & Torres.
As for your question Colesy, haven't seen them pre-season so dont know, sorry.
Colesy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No worries .

I'm still considering whether to put Torres in or not. My midfield would really suffer with him in, but when he's at home he scores like an absolute machine .

And yeah I know, generally only Reina, Carra, Gerrard & Torres are certs, I wasn't sure if maybe one of the fullbacks looked likely to start often. I'm thinking maybe Dossena, Aurelio has never really had a proper look in at Pool has he? I think Degen and Finnan would be rotated way too often though.

Hmm at this rate I'll probably just resort to Pompey defender/Laursen.
Ronaldo VII
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Is Carragher even a cert this season? Agger and Skrtel would be Liverpool's best central pairing IMO.
anelka9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
carragher at right back then lol. whatever happens he will play:cool:
Vintage
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Colesy)
The reason I mentioned Butt is because, unlike Mascherano, despite the fact he is pretty much a DM, he played very regularly and got lots of bonus points, which went someway to compensating for his lack of goals.

I'm pretty sure for his price Butt was one of the highest overall scoring mids in FPL.

Face it, Masch sucks for FPL, a defensive midfielder who doesnt score, assist, or even play enough :P.

As for your keeper, do you mean you sub keeper? Because if you mean your first choice, go with one from the big four if possible I'd say, Reina or Cech look good, if that's not possible go for someone like Howard.
Ive got Brad Friedel and Paul Robinson.
scottnoplot
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Have joined
Team Name: Susceptible
ipswichblade
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just joined. Team name: IpswichBlades
Will.here.i.am
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jermaindefoe)
Tottenham Hotspur is Mine
But Spurs is mine
Will.here.i.am
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What are peoples thoughts on Dos Santos? I think he is a real prospect this year.
jermaindefoe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
he will need a while to reach his full potential, but he is going to be a star, they didnt call him the next rhonadinho in spain for nothing
anelka9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
if he was a midfielder on premierleague.com my decision would be swayed
but he is a striker, where he wont play for spurs
Melancholy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Is this only for the football forum regulars or just for anyone on TSR?
jermaindefoe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
anyone on tsr
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (524)
37.59%
No - but I will (109)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (96)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (665)
47.7%

Watched Threads