Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeAndBubbles)
    what's a capris? Hey you're not dropping out, you're tuning in:p: Uni didn't work well for me either. I'm quite into the free market an' all, and most entrepreneur probably didn't excell at academic life.
    Like lycra 3/4 just below the knee trouser/legging things.

It's been a weird week, dropped out and still in halls till the weekend. I've eaten rubbish for the last 3 days and not gone to the gym. When I'm back home I'm going to hit it big time though. I'm taking these last few days off but might go for a swim tomorrow...

I have to sort out what kinda job I want, where to live (home or bfs) and what degree I actually want to do next year. This year was the wrong uni and maybe the wrong degree...

I feel so happy and relieved though. And my BMI is 'normal' for the first time in my life (haven't updated my tracker though)... and I feel almost like a 'normal' size, just with more muscle :P.

Hey? You got a bee in your bonnet my simple frog? You're the one with the obscene fat intake, if that's by design well all good then.

The IQ is a raw measure, it's not a measure of learning/education. But online I wonder on there accuracy...I think mines about 160 in reality.
    I very much doubt this to be true.

Keeping all this at an amicable, intellectual level my dietary fat intake is hardly obscene (around 150g/day). Considering:
    1. the source of the dietary fat (mostly poly and mono unsaturated from whole, nutrient-rich origins)
    2. the fact I've a fairly low CHO diet paying attention to GI & II
    3. my tested low cholesterol (also with low LDL and triglyceride plus good HDL levels)
    4. my age, gender, and physical profile
    5. my energy requirements - 3,500+kcals/day
    6. the scale and range of exercise performed
    7. I know what I'm talking about and you don't,
    you've not got a leg to stand on in this discussion!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainy)
    I very much doubt this to be true.

Keeping all this at an amicable, intellectual level my dietary fat intake is hardly obscene (generally 150-180g/day). Considering:
    1. the source of the dietary fat (mostly poly and mono unsaturated from whole, nutrient-rich origins)
    2. the fact I've a fairly low comparatively diet paying attention to blood glycaemic levels
    3. my tested low cholesterol (also with low LDL and triglyceride plus good HDL levels)
    4. my age, gender, and physical profile
    5. my energy requirements - 3,500+kcals/day
    6. the scale and range of exercise performed
    7. I know what I'm talking about and you don't,
    you've not got a leg to stand on in this discussion!

you're listing stuff defending it, why not have carbs, you'll feel better and have more energy surely? So why so much fat, ok it's not obscenely high, but on the high side. I noticed Powerlifter estolling the virtues of carbs on here.

ReputationRep:
    Here's my routine to get fit.

Green tea + only 1 minute at the dinner table.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    Here's my routine to get fit.

Green tea + only 1 minute at the dinner table.

haha, the fantum Green tea man!

you're listing stuff defending it, why not have carbs, you'll feel better and have more energy surely? So why so much fat, ok it's not obscenely high, but on the high side. I noticed Powerlifter estolling the virtues of carbs on here.
    Powerlifter extols carbohydrates because of the nature of his sport and because that works best for him. Intense, short duration work rapidly depletes muscle glycogen - he figures he needs proportionally higher carbohydrates than other athletes training at submaximal. His words, just like mine, are not necessarily universally applicable nor do they need to be taken as gospel.

"Fairly low carbohydrate diet" does not equate to no carbohydrates. I get through my fair share of vegetables, beans, pulses, fruits, oats and other wholegrains. Remember that carbohydrates, although the most efficient, are not the only energy source your body can metabolise. I know the reasons for and uses of carbohydrates in the diet and so utilise them to my benefit accordingly. I don't think you're in any place to judge if I'd feel better on a high carb diet, which I assure you I wouldn't, as opposed to high protein and fat.

Speaking of which, I'm sure you'd "feel better and have more energy" if you consumed more than 100kcals (all from carbs) before an evening meal. Might as well get your own house in order, as well as clue up nutrition, physiology, and metabolic systems, before throwing mud at someone else's and hoping it sticks.

ReputationRep:
    MeAndBubbles - you're mad

ReputationRep:
    evening.
    eurgh i feel horribly bloated tonight. I really feel thirsty but i cant as it just makes me bloat even more. I'm going to do some dancing in a bit and then maybe stretching. I'm hoping to go to bed quite early tonight and get up at 6am and run.
    Today:
    Bran flakes
    Jacket potato with beans
    some chcocolate (Well tbh too much)
    wasnt feeling too hungry so had a small portion of rice and curry.
    Then a bit later had 1 kinder bueno and a slice of caramel shortbread.
    Then im not eating anymore tonight. Hopefully tomorrow will be a lot better if i get up and run and then hopefully it will make me determined to eat healthy. Tomorrow im going to promise not too have chocolate. I eat way too much sugary rubbish!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    morning
    so this morning i got up and went for my usual saturday morning run then have just spent the rest of the morning doing a piece of homewirk that i need to write up in neat. My history i will do tonight and i will write the homework i did this morning in neat in one of my frees this week. This afternoon i'm going to do some biology revision and then do some maths. Foodwise ive had cereal so far, for lunch i will have some soup perhaps and then for tea a jacket potato. I fully love them atm! Oh im also going to wander around the shops looking for xmas pressies as i want to get it done sooner than later!
    Bye for now xxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    Oo, 'getting fit for Christmas' - I need to do that! The only reason being that I try to eat healthily all the time but I know at Christmas I am just going to have to pig out! I only started my proper healthy eating regime in January (loads of fruit and veg, wholegrain, water etc) and Christmas is always a time when I eat loads so I'm going to have to modify it! 1500 calories a day isn't going to be possible with Christmas lunch, cake and the obligatory sarnies and tins of chocolates! And of course all the baked goodies like mince pies that get gobbled around that time of year...

So I'm hoping to lose a few pounds (I hover around the 9st 2lb mark - lost the 2lb at the beginning of the week but it's gone on again now!) merely so I can afford to pig out at Crimbo and have it not make too much difference!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lell)
    Oh my god...argh I'm so crap with eating!!!Need some major help.

How do you people stop eating naughty stuff? Like, how do you resist? I find it sooo hard, sometimes don't even think (although I did go to Tesco today and not buy chocolate because I saw a fat person in there).I'm generally good but I eat too much.
    I generally find it really hard to resist food, as evidenced by the amount of chocolate in my room and the amount of chocolate I've been eating!

One way that works sometimes for me is equating the calories from something like a chocolate bar to the distance I have to run to work off those calories. (Usually something like 250-300 calories, which works out to about 2.5-3 miles...) Although sometimes, I decide that the chocolate bar's too good to resist and eat it, then I feel sinful, and then I go running.

I seem to have gotten addicted to running, though, it's actually acting as a form of stress relief at the moment...

ReputationRep:
    Ok guys, this thread has gotten too full of people calorie counting... and also a lot of people not eating properly which leaves me with the only choice being to close this thread.
    If you would like to you may make your own blog in the fitness blogs section but I would like to reiterate the point that CALORIE COUNTING is not allowed.
    I would also like to take this opportunity to remind all users that publicly promoting unhealthy diets e.g posting that you only consumed 100 calories all day; is not condoned here.

And on a side note, girls - those of you who are struggling to lose weight; you really need to go and read the big sticky on how to combine a healthy diet with exercise. Also you need to adjust your eating habits. Those pink things are full of crap. Yes Weight Watchers might suggest the care good but surely you would be better off weaning yourself off sugar and not snacking on wispas etc. and giving your body a sugar spike? Fruit is a far better 'sugary' alternative. There is lots you can do to make yummy healthy snacks.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.