Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My application's not been sent off yet, but I too will soon become a track addict :p: At the moment I keep logging into UCAS to see where my referee's up to with my reference! I'm hoping it'll be finished by half-term, but I don't know... this whole process is so obsessive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fictitious)
    My application's not been sent off yet, but I too will soon become a track addict :p: At the moment I keep logging into UCAS to see where my referee's up to with my reference! I'm hoping it'll be finished by half-term, but I don't know... this whole process is so obsessive!
    We look forward to welcoming you with open arms to our ranks. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HoVis)
    We look forward to welcoming you with open arms to our ranks. :yep:
    Thanks! I can't wait to become a new recruit of the track addicts

ReputationRep:
    Lol! Love your avatar by the way.

ReputationRep:
    Trust me we are the coolest people on TSR but you DO NOT WANNA BECOME A TRACKAHOLIC... my fingers hurt from the lack of typing in my pin number (which i know of by heart) Im so cool!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QBC123)
    Trust me we are the coolest people on TSR but you DO NOT WANNA BECOME A TRACKAHOLIC... my fingers hurt from the lack of typing in my pin number (which i know of by heart) Im so cool!
    I just get firefox to remember it all for me.

ReputationRep:
    I feel the same way.. my ID was easy so I memorized it the day I first got in to Track.. it's all been downhill since then.. It's been almost 2 days and the withdrawal symptoms are REALLY kicking in

:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by profseverus)
    I feel the same way.. my ID was easy so I memorized it the day I first got in to Track.. it's all been downhill since then.. It's been almost 2 days and the withdrawal symptoms are REALLY kicking in

:p:
    Keep up the good work!

Ah, Grey's Anatomy is great, but I don't think it's coming back onto Channel 4 now that Living TV have picked it up... so no more McDreamy for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HoVis)
    Lol! Love your avatar by the way.
    Ooh thank you! I adore David Tennant :love: Let's hope I don't become as obsessive about track as I am about him haha :p:

ReputationRep:

I was like that 2 days before the Oxbridge deadline, every 20 minutes I would go hunt for a computer to find out if it had been done. The words "Your reference has not been started yet. Your application has not yet been checked" struck fear into my heart.

Still, its been sent now

And now I'm a track addict, plus email compulsive checker, and postman stalker.

My mental state is deteriorating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HoVis)
    Ah, Grey's Anatomy is great, but I don't think it's coming back onto Channel 4 now that Living TV have picked it up... so no more McDreamy for me
    Life without Grey's Anatomy would be worse that life without Track :rolleyes:
    can't you watch it online or something? its too good to be missed..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HoVis)
    Keep up the good work!

Wasn't it on Five, anyway?

ReputationRep:
    Lol! Nope, I don't really want to become a trackaholic... but then again, you are the coolest people on TSR, so maybe I do :p: Now I'm getting all impatient about sending my application off haha! I want to memorise my pin number too! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I wish there was something that would make me stop thinking about track and universities. *sigh*
    Because I know that usually good things happen when I least expect them, but there is no such moment, because I'm subconsciously obsessed with all that track stuff. :no:
    For example as I used 'forgotten login details' and went on track about a day after I sent my application off, it was quite a nice surprise to receive my UCAS welcome letter as I had already forgotten about it. I wish it was the same with replies from unis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Divide By Zero)
    Wasn't it on Five, anyway?
    Oops, yeah, good point. :rolleyes: You see what TRACK has done to my brain? It's melted it!!! Not that it was much to speak of before. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by debrajane)
    I was like that 2 days before the Oxbridge deadline, every 20 minutes I would go hunt for a computer to find out if it had been done. The words "Your reference has not been started yet. Your application has not yet been checked" struck fear into my heart.

Still, its been sent now

And now I'm a track addict, plus email compulsive checker, and postman stalker.

My mental state is deteriorating.
    I know exactly what you went through :p: "Your reference has not been started yet"... grr, it's the most frustrating thing ever! I'll be so glad when it's sent off and I can become a fully-fledged track addict. The email-checking and postman-stalking will undoubtedly kick in with me too :yep: I'm sure we can be forgiven for a bit of mental state deterioration - it's only to be expected!

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly what you went through :p: "Your reference has not been started yet"... grr, it's the most frustrating thing ever! I'll be so glad when it's sent off and I can become a fully-fledged track addict. The email-checking and postman-stalking will undoubtedly kick in with me too :yep: I'm sure we can be forgiven for a bit of mental state deterioration - it's only to be expected!

oh god. don't get me started on how long it took my referee to send my flipping UCAS. grrr, she kept lying to be about it, or saying whe would but then she didn't. took her about 2 and a bit weeks to do it.. but its of now

but with track at least we know the balls now in the uni's court! haha. and yes you will become so obsessed with your email. Its a good job i can't get on hotmail at 6th form, i would never do any of my work. unfortunalty track is not banned! haha.
    but glad your looking forward to being one of us!

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand how my friends can be so relaxed about it, I think I'm going to have things (bricks or other masonry probably) thrown at me if I talk about it anymore. Its taking over my life! The whole UCAS application system is so frustrating.

Hopefully it will improve when/if I get an offer

:^_^:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by debrajane)
    I don't understand how my friends can be so relaxed about it, I think I'm going to have things (bricks or other masonry probably) thrown at me if I talk about it anymore. Its taking over my life! The whole UCAS application system is so frustrating.

Hopefully it will improve when/if I get an offer

:^_^:
    My friends are exactly the same! They're really laid-back about everything - and in a way, I suppose that's a good thing, as they're not stressing out about it all the time - but still, to be so unbelievably relaxed, it's madness :p:

Yeah, it does take over absolutely everything, and that's the worst part! I'm sure it'll start to get better as the replies start coming through, so the best thing for us to do is not to worry about it just yet

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't going to check today, then had this unrealistic thought.
    What if the admissions tutor decided to do some work at home, he might have updated Ucas with his decisions.

Ok I know it's just some crazy excuse for me to justify checking Track.

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.