SEO Applications Watch

Strictly Business
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yup. I got that email too. My tutor IS one of the lazy *******s who haven't submitted isht yet.
Chantii
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Strictly Business)
Yup. I got that email too. My tutor IS one of the lazy *******s who haven't submitted isht yet.
Can't you get an academic lecturer whose module you've taken to do it? That's what i did as I wasn't ale to get my personal advisor to give me a reference for other reasons.
Strictly Business
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Chantii)
Can't you get an academic lecturer whose module you've taken to do it? That's what i did as I wasn't ale to get my personal advisor to give me a reference for other reasons.
I could, but my tutor has already started it so there's no point really. He's just being lazy, probably because of the time of the year.
Chantii
Report 10 years ago
I could, but my tutor has already started it so there's no point really. He's just being lazy, probably because of the time of the year.
Hvae you emphasised how important this is to you? When I did with my lecturer he was did it in one day :eek: Maybe you should send them a reminder e-mail?
Strictly Business
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Chantii)
Hvae you emphasised how important this is to you? When I did with my lecturer he was did it in one day :eek: Maybe you should send them a reminder e-mail?
He's doing it by mail so it'll take a little longer, and I have reminded him. He couldn't work out how to do it online. Thanks for your concern, :laugh:. :yy:

:shifty: at my tutor.
Chantii
Report 10 years ago
He's doing it by mail so it'll take a little longer, and I have reminded him. He couldn't work out how to do it online. Thanks for your concern, :laugh:. :yy:

:shifty: at my tutor.
LOL your welcome
verticalforce
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
****, got an invitation to training day but I have RBS AC on that day.

The training is not compulsory so I don't think I will attend this.

Also, they said in the email that I have passed numerical but cannot confirm me a place at the AC due to high calibre of applicants and that I am short-listed. Is that a nice way of saying that I'm not good enough?

Damn it.... I really hope not attending won't affect my chances....
BASIM
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by verticalforce)
****, got an invitation to training but I have RBS AC on that day.

Also, they said in the email that I have passed numerical but cannot confirm me a place at the AC due to high calibre of applicants and that I am short-listed. Is that a nice way of saying that I'm not good enough?

I wouldnt take it as a negative. I was in the first Numerical test and I havent received a single thing yet, which makes me think that I didnt pass. Anyway, if you look back from last years threads, most people were told the same thing about being short listed...dont lose hope

Btw..when was ur numerical test?
verticalforce
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Nov 26. I think mine was like the first batch.
Abercrombie&Fitch
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
rejection today.. they asked me for a reference etc then reject me a few hours later??
jokesbre
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by HALe)
Yeah, just one. I got the email too, saying that I should checked if my tutor has submitted the reference. Maybe everyone got the same email and it only meant as a reminder or something? Cuz clearly my tutor has submitted the reference.
same thing for me!
La Haine
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Expect an email in ten minutes saying it was a system error and that everyone who has been accepted on the Goldman Sachs internship got that email.*

*may or may not be true.
wicked88
Report 10 years ago
So was it a system error, or did the rejections really come through, and have you guys sat the numerical test?
CX100
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
So I'm rather confused, does the email about the reference mean that they have not received your reference? Or was it automatic to all applicants?
Forté
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Quick Q.

Aside from the internship, i understand that SEO does a load of meeting up and seminars and what not. Does anyone know when this actually happens though?
verticalforce
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by CX100)
So I'm rather confused, does the email about the reference mean that they have not received your reference? Or was it automatic to all applicants?
Automatic. I received one I've submitted the reference ages ago.
Nimiza
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by verticalforce)
****, got an invitation to training day but I have RBS AC on that day.

Yeh I got this e-mail, though I don't have an RBS AC on that day so I'll be there for sure.

I think it's a good thing that we got invited. I know a guy who just got an email saying that he passed his test, and no invite for the training day. It will definitely be a good networking opportunity, even if the actual content of the training day is worthless.
BASIM
Report 10 years ago
I got an email from SEO a few hours ago. They said that I they think I didnt reach my level of ability on the tests. However, they really like my application and are going to give me the opportunity for a retest! 2nd time lucky!
verticalforce
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
wow, they must really realy like you BASIM.
Forté
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Got to admit thats somewhat unprofessional on their part though. What am i supposed to think if i fail the test, and i get airpie from them? In fact there seems to be flaws throughout the entire system. I know of people sending off 2 page cv's and getting another opportunity to send the single one off after. And surely its illegal in this day and age to demand a photograph to go alongside any form of job application? What on earth could they possibly use the photos for, that couldnt possibly result in discrimination of one form or another? And then as if that wasnt bad enough they extend the deadline twice! Fair enough they may have wanted more apps, but a second time?

I think it has the right intentions at heart, but dont seem to be going about it the right way. Should I be offered a place, i'll be sure to point out these flaws to them in any case
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (35)
97.22%
No (1)
2.78%

Watched Threads