Turn on thread page Beta

Leeds and Reading Festivals 2009 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Blink are rumoured now

ReputationRep:
    So 3 of Radiohead, AC/DC, Blink, Green Day, KOL and Arctic Monkeys to headline? All the sources are saying different but I really hope Blink are not one of them.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, Blink would suck (as they themselves do suck) as a headliner.
    I think the most probable is something along the lines of
    Arctics, Kings of Leon, Greenday/ Blink.

With appearances from Placebo and Stereophonics hopefully (and probably)

ReputationRep:
    Blinnnnnnnnnnnnk Please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charizard)
    Blinnnnnnnnnnnnk Please
    Ok I just did.
    Now you must do something for me.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eddymaine)
    which they go on to say that means line up is before ticket sale on the official reading forum.

It was posted by one of the admins so it seems likely but at the same time i guess its not confirmed.

http://forums.readingfestival.com/tm.aspx?m=517223
    He's saying that ticket sale date = lineup date, and the website launches a week before this date.

ReputationRep:
    apparently muse have confirmed as playing...thats what one of my mates said. not sure though..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by collegedropout)
    apparently muse have confirmed as playing...thats what one of my mates said. not sure though..
    100% not true, sorry!

ReputationRep:
    Your mate was lying, or just very very silly.

ReputationRep:
    Since when did Arctic Monkeys have enough popularity to headline? AFAIK they faded out about two years ago. This is ****.

ReputationRep:
    The Arctic Monkeys are one of the biggest bands around at the moment! And of the decade! They just haven't had an album out in a year or so, so they're not top of the NME headlines, but believe me once they're back releasing stuff they'll be everywhere.
    They have one of the largest fan bases of any band in Britain. They could headline no problem, and sell tickets just as well as, if not better, than other headliners.

ReputationRep:
    I'll also add I am not an AM hysterical fan. I don't even own an album, so I am not biased.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by collegedropout)
    Naw mate, this is the real poster innit:

[Courtesy of a guy on the efestivals forums my uncle Lenny who is the third cousin twice removed of the Earl of Reading]

ReputationRep:
    Ah a fellow efestival-er

(Original post by JohnnySPal)
    Naw mate, this is the real poster innit:

[Courtesy of a guy on the efestivals forums my uncle Lenny who is the third cousin twice removed of the Earl of Reading]
    Recycled :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stray_talk)
    Recycled :tongue:
    Like your mum. :cool:

(by the way, the :cool: does indeed indicate that I have had masses of anal intercourse with her)

(Original post by JohnnySPal)
    Like your mum. :cool:

(by the way, the :cool: does indeed indicate that I have had masses of anal intercourse with her)
    I was raised by two gay men.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cabbaman98)
    Your mate was lying, or just very very silly.
    probably both. well not really my mate..just someone I know and I believed her because she said she was 'beyond words'. haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stray_talk)
    I was raised by two gay men.

:puke:

That's why "she" kept spouting that "up the bottom makes clit be forgotten" tripe. Daing.

KoL? Pfft. I wouldn't mind seeing AM headline but Radiohead would kick the crap out of KoL. Get 'em in, Mr. Festival Organser Man. A guy can dream, I s'pose :shrug:

Where's the HUGE act anyway? I've only heard that AC/DC could possibly maybe be a headliner sort of. AM/KoL/GD would be so underwhelming compared to previous years.

ReputationRep:
    im sick of all these repitive bands on the festival circuits.

Oasis, Kasabian, The Killers and The Enemy are all playing V.

Oasis, Kasabian, The Enemy..hmm, ive seen that combo of 3 somewhere else!?

The Killers, please go away. You've pretty much headlined every festival in the last 3 years.
    Same goes to Kings Of Leon. You did every festival last year, just please leeave!

I know these bands get booked cos the festivals know they will sell tickets this way, but for people who to festivals every year, this must get very very boring. I know thats how i feel.

Sigh.

As long as Radiohead, Placebo, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and Patrick Wolf are at Reading, I will be happy

but boo at the potential headliners at the moment.

/rant.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.