Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    they should be fairly impartial and relatively fair. Acedemic achievement should have no bearing at all.
    then to be honest i think most of them fit the discription. some of them may be very bright, but i don't think that's why they were chosen.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    i would allow the forum to run largely by itself, with only minor intervention from my panel of supreme mods. raccist threads would obviously be banned, or anything which could jeopardise the smooth running of the system. i would provide councilling services for young people aswell as an anonymous abuse alert system. weekly nominations would be made for banning. most of all, my liberal attitude would allow members to trust my regime and value the system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    then to be honest i think most of them fit the discription. some of them may be very bright, but i don't think that's why they were chosen.

lou xxx
    I personally would not make a good mod, I am not impartial and I can be vindictive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endorf)
    i would allow the forum to run largely by itself, with only minor intervention from my panel of supreme mods. raccist threads would obviously be banned, or anything which could jeopardise the smooth running of the system. i would provide councilling services for young people aswell as an anonymous abuse alert system. weekly nominations would be made for banning. most of all, my liberal attitude would allow members to trust my regime and value the system.
    so if a member disagreed with someone, they could be nominated for banning and very pointless troll threads would run rife.

ReputationRep:
    so if a member disagreed with someone, they could be nominated for banning and very pointless troll threads would run rife.
    trolling would be unneccacery. it is a known fact that most members resort to trolling due to disatisfaction with the way the forum is run. in my system all members would post in harmony. a utopia if you will...

ReputationRep:
    trolling would be unneccacery. it is a known fact that most members resort to trolling due to disatisfaction with the way the forum is run. in my system all members would post in harmony. a utopia if you will...
    a utopian society, whether virtual or not is impossible, you cannot control people, no matter what you do, there will always be discord.

ReputationRep:
    a utopian society, whether virtual or not is impossible, you cannot control people, no matter what you do, there will always be discord.
    everyone is entitled to an opinion.

ReputationRep:
    everyone is entitled to an opinion.
    even if those opinions threaten your untopia?

What if another member had a new idea about how to moderate the forum, would you tolerate that?

ReputationRep:
    that's not true at all. peple troll if they're bored... and that is the reason my college's Ip is banned from so many message boards (our favs being the animals of farthing wood and the busted one) just cos people think it's funny to post stupid comments. very few members start off nice then become spammers, it's like they're a special breed.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    even if those opinions threaten your untopia?

What if another member had a new idea about how to moderate the forum, would you tolerate that?
    i would certainly consider the proposal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    that's not true at all. peple troll if they're bored... and that is the reason my college's Ip is banned from so many message boards (our favs being the animals of farthing wood and the busted one) just cos people think it's funny to post stupid comments. very few members start off nice then become spammers, it's like they're a special breed.

lou xxx
    in a recent survey 83% of members on a well established internet forum admitted to some form of trolling on a least 5 occassions. when asked the reason more than half said it was because of an "inner rage" derived from improper running of the forum.

ReputationRep:
    what the hell is trolling?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polljk)
    what the hell is trolling?
    yeah?

ReputationRep:
    im a noob dont mind me
    with my 33 posts

ReputationRep:
    in a recent survey 83% of members on a well established internet forum admitted to some form of trolling on a least 5 occassions. when asked the reason more than half said it was because of an "inner rage" derived from improper running of the forum.
    but how about the others, you are forgetting them. Will you only accept members who are 'rage' trollers.

ReputationRep:
    but how about the others, you are forgetting them. Will you only accept members who are 'rage' trollers.
    all members are expendable. i will not beg anyone to join my regime, i will only ever force members out (if needs be).

ReputationRep:
    all members are expendable. i will not beg anyone to join my regime, i will only ever force members out (if needs be).
    oh, that's a great attitude to take. Members are what makes a forum work, without them the forum would not exist. How then you then say that all members are expendable.

ReputationRep:
    oh, that's a great attitude to take. Members are what makes a forum work, without them the forum would not exist. How then you then say that all members are expendable.
    there will always be enough members for the forum to function.

ReputationRep:
    there will always be enough members for the forum to function.
    not if you get a reputation for banning members for minor offences.

If someone tried to depose you, as you wish to do to the present mod panel, what would you do?

ReputationRep:
    not if you get a reputation for banning members for minor offences.

If someone tried to depose you, as you wish to do to the present mod panel, what would you do?
    i would use propaganda to sway the opinions of the other members. then when the heat is off, safely dispose of the member in the form of an IP ban.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.