Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm just starting revision for this today! I actually havn't had any time so far to do it. I only need to get an E though so it shouldn't be to bad. Whats this module like? Is it as much as central concepts?

ReputationRep:
    This is one hard module!!

Theres a lot of names and things to remember, its difficult.

But not the hardest one out of the optional modules.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)

You again! How did your central concepts go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)

I feel like I know and understand everything, but remembering things is getting tricky, too many facts over too many exams is starting t take it's toll

Yea, this and chemistry synoptic theres so much to remember

(Original post by nugiboy)
    You again! How did your central concepts go?
    Hehe, yea I'm everywhere :ninja:

Central Concepts was a ***** of a paper, and thats an understatement! It was honestly the worst paper for that module I have ever seen, including all past papers. Pretty much everyone hated it, and no-one seems to have don't particularly well in it, so were hoping that the grade boundries are really low

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Hehe, yea I'm everywhere :ninja:

Central Concepts was a ***** of a paper, and thats an understatement! It was honestly the worst paper for that module I have ever seen, including all past papers. Pretty much everyone hated it, and no-one seems to have don't particularly well in it, so were hoping that the grade boundries are really low
    Didn't you get your result yet?

Didn't you get your result yet?
    Oh, no I retook. I got a D in the january paper :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Oh, no I retook. I got a D in the january paper :laugh:
    Oh right! I get ya. I thought you were gonna do amazing in it lol. I remember you giving me all your amazing notes and teaching me stuff for it. Good luck in this one though!

Oh right! I get ya. I thought you were gonna do amazing in it lol. I remember you giving me all your amazing notes and teaching me stuff for it. Good luck in this one though!
    Hehe, yea I crack under pressure in exams , thats what I've just discovered anyway.

What did you get for it?? And thanks

ReputationRep:
    I just about got an A. Don't know how haha. I'm worried about this one though. I'm just starting now :/

I just about got an A. Don't know how haha. I'm worried about this one though. I'm just starting now :/
    Thats really good

I sort of think its coz I had things on my mind too, I'd just about half an hour before had an arguement with my bf, and he wouldn't sort it until I had finished my exam coz he didn't want me thinking and getting distracted. That was the worst thing to he could do. I would have been happier if we sorted it.

Yea, I'm trying to master this exam today (well half of today) and tomorrow morning its proving hard.

Also can anyone help me with this question please?

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Data/publicati...tion_Paper.pdf

Qu 3a) i)

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know if this paper is synoptic? I've just taken a look at the Jan 2007 paper. It's pretty easy but there's a lot of synoptic question in there...

http://pastpapers.org/A2/biology/mam...an_2805_05.pdf

(Original post by jacar3000)
    Anyone know if this paper is synoptic? I've just taken a look at the Jan 2007 paper. It's pretty easy but there's a lot of synoptic question in there...

Yea, theres some synoptic parts. I think about 12 marks are available on the paper which are synoptic marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Thats really good

Also can anyone help me with this question please?

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Data/publicati...tion_Paper.pdf

Qu 3a) i)
    Talk about the cells that break bone down (osteoclasts?) and the ones that make them (osteoblasts?).

The bone will be broken down in the ribs by the osteoclasts, which will provide Ca ions for the building of bone in the bony projections by the osteoblasts.

That's how i'd answer it, check the cell names though i haven't had chance to revise that part yet

ReputationRep:
    right, i have done barely any revision for this exam and the exam is tomorrow
    i do psychology so i know the nervous system part, behaviour and the eye pretty well.. but the rest. i'm ******.
    any suggestions of how to learn the rest in a day?
    don't say i'm ******, i know i am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natt__dd)
    right, i have done barely any revision for this exam and the exam is tomorrow
    i do psychology so i know the nervous system part, behaviour and the eye pretty well.. but the rest. i'm ******.
    any suggestions of how to learn the rest in a day?
    don't say i'm ******, i know i am.
    Definitely do the eye and the ear there is always a question on one of them.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know where I can access pastpapers without the copyrighted pictures?

ReputationRep:

Past papers here...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 19, 2009

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.