EDEXCEL BUSINESS STUDIES CASE STUDY JUNE 2009 - UNIT 6 (Driven to the crossroads) Watch

morqs ruff
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
sahara, r u givin biz unit 4 cz i needed sum help?? thnx
luc9999
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ok well I'm stuck on TQM or CAD/CAM please help someone? exam is tomorow also I think they might ask a q about the 20 year plan and I have know idea what ideas to answer if a question comes up about that.
Sweet_sahara
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by morqs ruff)
sahara, r u givin biz unit 4 cz i needed sum help?? thnx
Sorry for late reply.. was busy with preperation for exams..
yep im giving business unit 4... and yep i can help you.. lemme know what topics u find complicated and i'll help..
thnx
morqs ruff
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Sweet_sahara)
Sorry for late reply.. was busy with preperation for exams..
yep im giving business unit 4... and yep i can help you.. lemme know what topics u find complicated and i'll help..
thnx
oh no probz at all,thnx for the offer.

ok so 4 now when they ask to identify the crirical path n have not drawn the diagram (for 2 marks) what am i supposed to do?? draw the diagram or right it sumhow.. like the ques 2 in the jan 06 paper... its totally killin me, as this is my 1st day studyin CPA.

thnx in advance. well, y dont u visit the unit 4 thread if u hav time... but plz dont upset ur study cz of me. thnx again.
Hatim90
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by morqs ruff)
oh no probz at all,thnx for the offer.

ok so 4 now when they ask to identify the crirical path n have not drawn the diagram (for 2 marks) what am i supposed to do?? draw the diagram or right it sumhow.. like the ques 2 in the jan 06 paper... its totally killin me, as this is my 1st day studyin CPA.

thnx in advance. well, y dont u visit the unit 4 thread if u hav time... but plz dont upset ur study cz of me. thnx again.
morqs u dont need to draw the diagram.rem if its for 2 marks no need to give it too much time.just indicate in the question diagram by drawing a dotted line or in the answer sheet it cud be like this :-
critical path = a -> b -> d->e. (just draw arrows between the activities.)
garrido
Report 9 years ago
mew
morqs ruff
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Hatim90)
morqs u dont need to draw the diagram.rem if its for 2 marks no need to give it too much time.just indicate in the question diagram by drawing a dotted line or in the answer sheet it cud be like this :-
critical path = a -> b -> d->e. (just draw arrows between the activities.)
oh man, thnx a lot but howd i know the CP wthout drawing the diagram like i'll find out the LST for all activities n then write it the way uv written, i mean with arrows?? or should i just see that thes avtivities take the longest time so thats the critical path where no delays can be made??

actually i shudve started learning it earlier, the exams 2moro bt anyway thnx a lot. (i still hope this thing is not asked in the paper tomoro, how hopeful of me??)
Z for all
Report 9 years ago
hey guys :P
just one week to go :P
okay can any one tell me appriximatly how many words answer should we be writing for every answer ??
thannnnxxx =]
Hatim90
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Z for all)
hey guys :P
just one week to go :P
okay can any one tell me appriximatly how many words answer should we be writing for every answer ??
thannnnxxx =]
it doesnt matter how many words u write.the marks are awarded to the quality of the answer.try to be relevant and dont beat about the bush in ur answers.if u r still unsure what my teacher told us to do was that for 40 marks write 80 lines with an average of 5-7 words per line.for 60 marks write 120 lines with the same average words and so on.get what iam saying?just write 2 lines for 1 mark.
Nes
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
hey there...any body got the pattern to write the unit 6 answers ...i am kinda lost...particularly for this unit...my teacher made a mess of it i
Z for all
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Hatim90)
it doesnt matter how many words u write.the marks are awarded to the quality of the answer.try to be relevant and dont beat about the bush in ur answers.if u r still unsure what my teacher told us to do was that for 40 marks write 80 lines with an average of 5-7 words per line.for 60 marks write 120 lines with the same average words and so on.get what iam saying?just write 2 lines for 1 mark.
thankuu soo much dude u know wot i thought b4 ......that we will have to complete like 5 pages or somehing dats like 1000 or more words per question hehe .........
thannnks again =]
Z for all
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Nes)
hey there...any body got the pattern to write the unit 6 answers ...i am kinda lost...particularly for this unit...my teacher made a mess of it i
oh NEs u are alive lol i thought u ant giving this paper.......
anyways yeah it would be good if any one can post a sample answer ...that would be reaalllyyy appriciated :yep:
Nes
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Z for all)
oh NEs u are alive lol i thought u ant giving this paper.......
anyways yeah it would be good if any one can post a sample answer ...that would be reaalllyyy appriciated :yep:

llllol..yeah i have been out a little doing accounting....anyways..........n ow i am back and to be honest now i will be starting up with my unit six...all these days i have been collecting notes and now i will start putting them together...i know its a little tooooo latee...still...lets hope it works out...cuz mostly...wat you really need for five and six are the knowledge from one two three and four...soooooooooooooo...wish me l [email protected]
Z for all
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Nes)
llllol..yeah i have been out a little doing accounting....anyways..........n ow i am back and to be honest now i will be starting up with my unit six...all these days i have been collecting notes and now i will start putting them together...i know its a little tooooo latee...still...lets hope it works out...cuz mostly...wat you really need for five and six are the knowledge from one two three and four...soooooooooooooo...wish me l [email protected]
oh okay =]
u still have three dats + today so don worry u can do it all in the time available .........go through the toolkid it will seriously help u gain confidence over the whole situation in the casestudy.....:yep:

all i dont get it is the structure of the answer:eek3: .....but i think that would depend on the question given i am not suree :P:P

.............and ofcource ''GOOD LUCK'' ......=]
eman25
Report 9 years ago
STRAIT8 OR NES DO U GUyS HAVE THE UNIT 6 GUIDE.
if so please send asap to [email protected]
Cheers
cripl3r
Report 9 years ago
i think dave hall's business studies is much easier than peter stimpson's
and the toolkit is not that helpful either this time :s
Sylvia404
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by cripl3r)
i think dave hall's business studies is much easier than peter stimpson's
and the toolkit is not that helpful either this time :s
Yea i totally agree, all the toolkit does is tell you some possible strategies that you could use. In the toolkits ive seen in the past for units 1,2 and 3 there were predictable questions so i used to just memorize answers to them.

But i guess all you can do know is memorize the different strategies given in the tool kit.:confused:
Sylvia404
Report 9 years ago
Sorry been really busy with Units 3, 4, 5 and other subjects too. I still managed to do a few of the questions i posted earlier, these next three days that is all i'm going to work on as it is my only exam left and i'm free off them for life . I'll try post one, but i hand wrote them so im going to have to type them up, which might take time.
Hatim90
Report 9 years ago
hey guys do you think the recent high oil prices have contributed to the decline in demand for car shown in the case study?
Hatim90
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Nes)
as u all kno tht there r three ques and the first one is mostly a strategy based question. there r six steps to doing tht:-
1)Determine corporate objectives
2)gather data (using tools such as SWOT,PEST-G and portfolio analysis)
3)analyze alternate strategies
4) select strategy
5)implement
6)review

the format of this answer would be like this:-
1) introduction (give brief history of the firm
2) business objectives (use ur imagination)
3) data analysis (use analysis tools)
4) choosing a strategy (use ansoff matrix )
5) alternate strategies (explain possibe strategies other than the chosen one)
6) Strategy choice (give a brief description)
7) implementation of the strategy (rem to refer the firm ie j1 driving school)
8) review the strategy success after implementaion
9) conclusion
hope this is useful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (282)
27.35%
No (749)
72.65%

Watched Threads