Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMakeSenseToNone)
    There are a few clips online courtesy of the BBC. I have to admit, this video made me shiver, it's absolutely wonderful.

Thank you for posting - didnt know they had done that!!!! Brilliant music - can't wait for the real thing to come on TV

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocolateMelody)
    Thank you for posting - didnt know they had done that!!!! Brilliant music - can't wait for the real thing to come on TV
    They've also got the main theme on there and Matt Smith being adorkable.

Me too, if they have it like last time and pay tribute to the previous incarnations my jaw may just lock in place through smiling

ReputationRep:
    Hi!!! Can I ask, is ANYONE going to the Doctor Who convention in London in November??? So excited!!! Also, just wondered if anyone would possibly like to trade my family ticket to go there for 2 single tickets? If it's possible, don't know if the name is printed on it already though...
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    What has Karen Gillan done to herself :lolwut: Her hair and legs were her defining features, she just looks odd now :sad:

Poor Karen :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Rusty Spork)
    What has Karen Gillan done to herself :lolwut: Her hair and legs were her defining features, she just looks odd now :sad:

It's for a part. And maybe she wanted to be seen as Karen Gillan instead of Amy Pond?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feefifofum)
    It's for a part. And maybe she wanted to be seen as Karen Gillan instead of Amy Pond?
    I know it's for a part. She could have easily just used make up etc to achieve the look rather than ruining her hair which will take ages to grow back :sad:

Her hair wasn't Amy Pond either, it was her hairstyle before the role.

She's still stunning, with or without the hair.

But I wish she hadn't done it, she had such gorgeous red hair

ReputationRep:
    I know it's for a part. She could have easily just used make up etc to achieve the look rather than ruining her hair which will take ages to grow back :sad:

Her hair wasn't Amy Pond either, it was her hairstyle before the role.
    Well yeah her hair had been like that, but no one knew who she was. She's famous for being Amy Pond and the hair was a big part of that. Now, bald, she's definitely not Amy any more, but completely Karen. I'm not saying I like it, just that I can see why she wouldn't want to be defined as one part forever...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    She's still stunning, with or without the hair.

But I wish she hadn't done it, she had such gorgeous red hair
    It seems to be a thing with ex cast shaving their heads at the moment, she must have liked what Matt had done.

Anyone know what film Karen is doing then out of curiosity? I know Matt shaved to play a bully in the Ryan Gosling film.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jbroderick)
    It seems to be a thing with ex cast shaving their heads at the moment, she must have liked what Matt had done.

Anyone know what film Karen is doing then out of curiosity? I know Matt shaved to play a bully in the Ryan Gosling film.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    She shaved it to play Nebula, which judging by the drawings of Nebula, I don't really understand why :dontknow:

Edit:

She must be playing this version :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Oh Guardians of the galaxy, didn't realise shooting was starting already. I don't know much about it, isn't it meant to be linked to the avengers films?

Also just read a bit of news about Matt Smith, he said in an interview that he hopes JJ Abrams offers him a part in Star Wars. I for one hope this happens although personally I think David Tennant might be better as some kind of Jedi.

^ Random opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Also just read a bit of news about Matt Smith, he said in an interview that he hopes JJ Abrams offers him a part in Star Wars. I for one hope this happens although personally I think David Tennant might be better as some kind of Jedi.
    Just think of all the cross over fan fic e_o

DT would certainly be good, as weird as it sounds he has the hair for it although you do have to be able to pull off some weird costumes. Also Nebula looks like a blue Jack from Mass Effect :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    SO ANNOYED that they played the trailer for the 50th anniversary episode at ComicCon. I know they get a lot of money from the American viewers but it's a British show and I get so cross when we're the last to find stuff out. :grumble:

ReputationRep:
    SO ANNOYED that they played the trailer for the 50th anniversary episode at ComicCon. I know they get a lot of money from the American viewers but it's a British show and I get so cross when we're the last to find stuff out. :grumble:
    Did they definitely show a trailer?! I hope something of it shows up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skip_Snip)
    Did they definitely show a trailer?! I hope something of it shows up
    Yep! I dunno if it was a full length one or anything but they showed something that's being described on twitter as a trailer.

https://twitter.com/anglophenia/stat...39534916304897

https://twitter.com/anglophenia/stat...39840240680960

Moffat requested that no one filmed or recorded the audio. I'm sure someone will have though...

ReputationRep:
    Yep! I dunno if it was a full length one or anything but they showed something that's being described on twitter as a trailer.

https://twitter.com/anglophenia/stat...39534916304897

https://twitter.com/anglophenia/stat...39840240680960

Moffat requested that no one filmed or recorded the audio. I'm sure someone will have though...
    I imagine it will leak in some form within a few hours, no doubt in hideous quality

ReputationRep:
    I believe the official HD release of the trailer will be released within the next couple of hours!

ReputationRep:

She just looks scary without her hair now - I'm so used to seeing her with loads of red hair! But anyway, good on her - that must have been a difficult decision to make.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skip_Snip)
    I imagine it will leak in some form within a few hours, no doubt in hideous quality
    I just found a summary of the whole trailer, not sure about the accuracy but it sounds epic.

http://io9.com/the-doctor-who-50th-a...ng-t-860043589

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just found a summary of the whole trailer, not sure about the accuracy but it sounds epic.

http://io9.com/the-doctor-who-50th-a...ng-t-860043589

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I saw that linked on IMDb Boards, it does indeed sound awesome

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.