Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Erm, I'm not sure they have enough seats to form a government on their own...or do they?
    i think they could technically form a minority government again

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait to see Labours termly demise again, destroyed by an apparantly endemic incompetency, at both the roots and leadership, and through weight of their own lack of self assessment. It'll be a fun term when there are effectively only 35 seats being used.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moleman1996)
    i think they could technically form a minority government again
    This is true.

ReputationRep:
    Also, *sigh*. Tax avoidance is legal - it is people working via the rules the government has set. If you want to 'tackle' tax avoidance, just simplify the whole tax system. There are really no reasons for it to be thousands of pages long, if only the government stopped trying to coerce certain behaviour through taxation (and thus create said loopholes in the first place).

There are a lot of things in this country that are illegal and shouldn't be - let's not attack people when they do things that ARE legal because we are too lazy to reform the rules, eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    Economics is not my strong point, being an eighteen year old with no training in the field.
    Bit like George Osbourne then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snapper1)
    *cough* Gordon Brown *cough*

ReputationRep:
    Why did you quote someone from the very first page, from 4 years ago, who doesn't even post on TSR anymore?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moleman1996)
    Will the labour party seek a coalition or attempt to govern alone? And I second the above question by Rakas
    As the party with the most votes and seats it's only right that we have the first right to try and form a government, whether that be coalition or minority.

ReputationRep:
    Why did you quote someone from the very first page, from 4 years ago, who doesn't even post on TSR anymore?
    Can quote what I like thanks

ReputationRep:
    Can quote what I like thanks
    I'm not saying you can't I'm simply asking why.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not saying you can't I'm simply asking why.
    I don't think I need to give an explanation really.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's kinda like ressurecting a conversation from years ago, when you know full well that the other people won't reply. Imagine walking up to one of your friends and quoting a mindless bit of chit-chat they said years ago. Just seems a bit... weird.

ReputationRep:

(Original post by DebatingGreg)
    Well, it's kinda like ressurecting a conversation from years ago, when you know full well that the other people won't reply. Imagine walking up to one of your friends and quoting a mindless bit of chit-chat they said years ago. Just seems a bit... weird.
    ^^ What he said. Unless there is no particular reason and you did it just for hell of it.
    Still, it's rather odd.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by CyclopsRock)
    I can't wait to see Labours termly demise again, destroyed by an apparantly endemic incompetency, at both the roots and leadership, and through weight of their own lack of self assessment. It'll be a fun term when there are effectively only 35 seats being used.
    Where are you getting the extra seat for Labour from?

ReputationRep:
    Does the TSR Labour party believe the current welfare system requires some reform? If so, in what areas?

ReputationRep:
    ^^ What he said. Unless there is no particular reason and you did it just for hell of it.
    Still, it's rather odd.
    If you must know, which it seems you must which I also find odd, I'm on my iPhone where the font is quite small, the thread was in the most recent section so I went onto it, it came up with the first page and I didn't check it was years old given that people were writing on it this morning.

Hope that gives you some peace of mind x

ReputationRep:
    If you must know, which it seems you must which I also find odd, I'm on my iPhone where the font is quite small, the thread was in the most recent section so I went onto it, it came up with the first page and I didn't check it was years old given that people were writing on it this morning.

Hope that gives you some peace of mind x
    Fair enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CyclopsRock)
    Probably the post of the week!

ReputationRep:
    Really? Nothing of any interest to contribute, just a predictable ad hominem strung together from the same old clichés handed down since time immemorial? I guess that just illustrates the lack of any substantial material with which to actually criticise us.

(Original post by TopHat)
    I guess that just illustrates the lack of any substantial material with which to actually criticise us.
    There is no lack of material to criticize you with, but for sake of decency, I won't delve into on your Question Time

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 16, 2018
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.