Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skier16)
    Really?! There's quite a few of us on TSR it seems
    We shall have to get a wee thread going when we start the course in June!
    It will be sahhh cauute.
    I love finding other people doing AH languages because we're such a minority.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladymarshmallow)
    Yes! Perhaps I am simply a thicko, but I wasted about 5 whole minutes staring agog at the silly diagram.
    You're not alone :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecosse_14)
    :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

Did you seriously just quote me? HEEEY. It's been a while :sexface:

Too weird thinking you sat this exam ages ago, and I sat it even earlier :erm:

And I'm still here... :erm:
    this is next level procrastination coming on here.. haha.

still here climbing the mod ranks with your big bold name. and entering your final year soon I take it?!

ReputationRep:
    Oh god higher computing, I barely coped with Int2 last year!
    I'm doing AH German, AH Modies, higher history and higher biology (but hopefully dropping bio after summer because I've got 2 AHs)
    Ah very nice! Yeah I'm re-taking Higher computing -__- Need that extra higher, it's so hard though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hihelloitsnina)
    Ah very nice! Yeah I'm re-taking Higher computing -__- Need that extra higher, it's so hard though!
    Computing is easy peasy! I got 60/60 in my higher coursework and only need 80/140 to achieve an 'A' in the exam!

ReputationRep:
    Really?! There's quite a few of us on TSR it seems
    We shall have to get a wee thread going when we start the course in June!
    Oooh, I'm in too! I'm quite looking forward to starting the course, even though there's only 1 other person taking it. Will you be studying literature as part of the course next year?

ReputationRep:
    Did anybody count up the age group numbers in diagram C4?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I can't stop over-analysing this exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grozdova.)
    Oooh, I'm in too! I'm quite looking forward to starting the course, even though there's only 1 other person taking it. Will you be studying literature as part of the course next year?
    yay! There's 5 going to be 5 of us in our class (pretty big in comparision to everyone else here it seems) and yes we do literature, no idea what though.
    Actually, I'm weirdly excited for all my sixth year subjects!

ReputationRep:
    Guys can somebody help me here. In DME I used 7 BK points. 4 of the BK points aresolid and real but the other 3 (my mind was mumbled at the time) i think might not be 100% accurate or my mind might of made up. At the time I thought they were real :/ Can I get deducted marks for that.

ReputationRep:
    Yes! Perhaps I am simply a thicko, but I wasted about 5 whole minutes staring agog at the silly diagram.
    my exemplification for this point was that 'in fact not a half of those in poorer classes are continued smokers, for example the figure stood at 28% in 2010 who smoked which is less than half'

will i get the marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoJennyox)
    My teacher has been banging on at our class for not using all the sources throughout the whole year, so I have made sure that I don't miss any out.

Anyway you would probably have to use all the sources if you wanted full marks though. I think I scraped a pass on my DME. It was bad .
    ressaured with my missing of a source that my girlfriend sat the exam last year and got 18/20 for her DME, this was without using 1 of the sources + only doing 2 against. good BK knowledge seems to be key, fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    that exam went really well yesterday for the essays, but for the DME how many arguments for and against did you put ??

I used 2 for, 3 against+2 rebuttal, all of the sources at least once & 7 BK

do you think thats enough ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessicaLee123)
    do you think its a coincidence that that david guys teacher guessed every question correct LOL i think i better thank him if i get a good grade lol...
    Haha yeah! I just wish I had only focused on them! Hahah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoJennyox)
    The wording threw me off since it sounded like one of the H & W questions. How did you tackle the question btw?
    With the USA question, I talked about how the Black group have traditionally low turnout and may feel alienated from politics, but it could be argued they are important in elections as their turnout is increasing, they overwhelmingly vote democrat, how even republicans are trying to attract middle class black votes, etc.
    For Hispanics I talked about low turnout etc then went on to say they are the fastest growing group, how parties are targeting them through spanish advertising, policies (Obama dream act) and how many lower income Hispanics identify with democrats, but wealthier Cuban immigrants identify with republican policies. So they have a large potentual influence, etc.
    I just flung in lots of examples!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hendycfc)
    Guys can somebody help me here. In DME I used 7 BK points. 4 of the BK points aresolid and real but the other 3 (my mind was mumbled at the time) i think might not be 100% accurate or my mind might of made up. At the time I thought they were real :/ Can I get deducted marks for that.
    Right before we went in for the DME we were told if in doubt make BK up, because the markers are not going to go looking up every bit of BK to see if it's true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evalilyXOX)
    that exam went really well yesterday for the essays, but for the DME how many arguments for and against did you put ??

I used 2 for, 3 against+2 rebuttal, all of the sources at least once & 7 BK

do you think thats enough ??
    Sounds good!

ReputationRep:
    Same, I'm still not sure if I got the right answer for that question. So much for the Paper 2 Questions being pretty much guaranteed 10 marks in the bag :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackoGeddes)
    ressaured with my missing of a source that my girlfriend sat the exam last year and got 18/20 for her DME, this was without using 1 of the sources + only doing 2 against. good BK knowledge seems to be key, fingers crossed
    I am way more confident now . I think I managed around 5-6 pieces of BK. Not sure how valid they are though!

Fingers crossed for all of us then ^.^.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambry)
    With the USA question, I talked about how the Black group have traditionally low turnout and may feel alienated from politics, but it could be argued they are important in elections as their turnout is increasing, they overwhelmingly vote democrat, how even republicans are trying to attract middle class black votes, etc.
    For Hispanics I talked about low turnout etc then went on to say they are the fastest growing group, how parties are targeting them through spanish advertising, policies (Obama dream act) and how many lower income Hispanics identify with democrats, but wealthier Cuban immigrants identify with republican policies. So they have a large potentual influence, etc.
    I just flung in lots of examples!
    I meant the China question tehe !

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.