Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, if Im holding a home student offer from manchester and I miss a grade, do they still accept me ?

I heard some of the international students can still get in even they miss the grades.?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dezza1994)
    Hey, if Im holding a home student offer from manchester and I miss a grade, do they still accept me ?

I heard some of the international students can still get in even they miss the grades.?
    Anyone can still get in if they miss their grades, there's just no guarantee you will. It depends on too many factors to be able to predict. Manchester are only obliged to give you a place if you meet the terms of their offer. If you don't meet all of those terms, it's entirely up to the university whether they still give you a place on the course.

ReputationRep:
    Hey does anyone know when we have to choose modules? For example I'm taking Economics

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustinWtc)
    Hey does anyone know when we have to choose modules? For example I'm taking Economics

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It'll probably be sometime after registration opens. They'll start sending out all the information after A-Level results are released.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HandmadeTurnip)
    It'll probably be sometime after registration opens. They'll start sending out all the information after A-Level results are released.
    Oh Thanks so much (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustinWtc)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you do this in your first week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by William Turtle)
    I'm Mchem-ing. Nope, no accommodation - I did A levels, so it'll be allocated after the 14th of August. I did just email the accommodation office requesting a change of my third choice from Dalton Ellis to Oak House.
    Best of luck with your results and I hope you get the accommodation you want - and I think we share the same classes in year 1, so I'll see you soon. I'll be at Whitwork Park, not sure if that's in your choices or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 92J)
    Best of luck with your results and I hope you get the accommodation you want - and I think we share the same classes in year 1, so I'll see you soon. I'll be at Whitwork Park, not sure if that's in your choices or not.
    Thanks. I think we also share a common second year (aside from a few options).

Also, fyi for everyone, I'm in Manchester at the moment and the Curry Mile is incredible. Just... So much curry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Also, fyi for everyone, I'm in Manchester at the moment and the Curry Mile is incredible. Just... So much curry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

FYI im from manchester, and rusholme is anything but incredible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexHamster)
    Fyi I lived in Rusholme for two years and I have a certain level of affection for it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    Fyi I lived in Rusholme for two years and I have a certain level of affection for it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    would that be the same level of affection one has for say, their first car?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Origami Bullets)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    FYI I went to a fair in Rusholme once. A boy was stabbed by the Big Wheel generator and his money was taken.

ReputationRep:
    would that be the same level of affection one has for say, their first car?
    Something like that! Clearly if I went in for a second year there it wasn't too bad. I do quite a bit of my food shopping on the curry mile because it's so cheap and you do get unusual foods there.

(Original post by HandmadeTurnip)
    FYI I went to a fair in Rusholme once. A boy was stabbed by the Big Wheel generator and his money was taken.
    Well that escalated quickly

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Life Sciences are pretty open about being lenient with offers... Don't worry too much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm praying that's true, haha
    Although I think I'm going to get BBB instead of the required AAB, so I have my doubts as to just how lenient they're going to be with me
    Thanks for the reassurance though! I'll hold onto that thought until results day rolls around :woo:

ReputationRep:
    'Incredible' could be interpreted in a number of ways..

ReputationRep:
    Could be worse, could be Salford.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 92J)
    Could be worse, could be Salford.
    I was gonna accept my offer from salford ;_;
    whats wrong with salford?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nkosazana)
    I was gonna accept my offer from salford ;_;
    whats wrong with salford?
    I've not heard anything bad about the university, just the area. It hasn't got the best reputation but not a lot of places surrounding Manchester do (e.g. Bolton, Blackburn, Salford, etc.). But don't let that put you off going there, I don't have any first-hand experience of anything bad, just word of mouth from people who have lived near/in Manchester.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 92J)
    I've not heard anything bad about the university, just the area. It hasn't got the best reputation but not a lot of places surrounding Manchester do (e.g. Bolton, Blackburn, Salford, etc.). But don't let that put you off going there, I don't have any first-hand experience of anything bad, just word of mouth from people who have lived near/in Manchester.
    Ooh I declined the offer because someone told me that the area wasn't very good but I like the course :/ Kinda glad I picked mmu even though they've messed up my accommodation ._.

ReputationRep:
    I got a friend at MMU and he seems to be happy there. Which course will you be doing? and all the best in regards to your accommodation, hope it all works out!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.