Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15 Watch

ReputationRep:
    33 from 6

need to get rid of Rooney any recommendations guys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qari)
    33 from 6

need to get rid of Rooney any recommendations guys?
    Costa if you don't have him.

Edit: Fwiw, I've got Rooney too and will probably be keeping. I know the team looks like dog****e but they've got some nice fixtures coming up. Also, ADM has arrived so there'll be more chances created for Rooney and more players might arrive too. A lot's up in the air. I'll atleast give myself the international window to consider shipping him.

ReputationRep:
    Pieters (9), Begovic (6), Naismith (6) on my bench

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prandtl)
    Costa if you don't have him.

Edit: Fwiw, I've got Rooney too and will probably be keeping. I know the team looks like dog****e but they've got some nice fixtures coming up. Also, ADM has arrived so there'll be more chances created for Rooney and more players might arrive too. A lot's up in the air. I'll atleast give myself the international window to consider shipping him.
    Yh I'll see how he does on international break.

(Original post by Mister Dead)
    Pieters (9), Begovic (6), Naismith (6) on my bench

I know how you feel I get rid of Caulker and he gets 6 points whilst the guy I replaced him with got 2
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    34 from 5 with captain still to play, a good week thus far...

ReputationRep:
    Who's wildcarding?

ReputationRep:
    32 points from 5 players, with 6 more coming on.

3 of my first 11 didn't play, and I doubt my other 2 players on the bench (El Mohamady and Davies) will do anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Who's wildcarding?
    I am.

ReputationRep:
    Who's wildcarding?
    not sure tbh

ReputationRep:
    Who's wildcarding?
    I am. :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    I'm wildcarding for two reasons:

To fit in a premium defender.
    To upgrade Costa to Aguero. as reliable as Costa looks, he doesn't look like he'll bag more than one goal that often, whereas Aguero's potential is explosive.

ReputationRep:
    Guys do you think I should sell sterling and get Di Maria?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm wildcarding for two reasons:

To fit in a premium defender.
    To upgrade Costa to Aguero. as reliable as Costa looks, he doesn't look like he'll bag more than one goal that often, whereas Aguero's potential is explosive.
    Aguero also more likely to get injured I'd wait till aftter international games

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khalidpatel)
    Guys do you think I should sell sterling and get Di Maria?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Probably not. See how Sterling does tomorrow then make your choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qari)
    Aguero also more likely to get injured I'd wait till aftter international games
    doesn't matter if i'm wildcarding, does it?

ReputationRep:
    yh but if you're wildcarding for him then it's a waste of a wildcard

that said I'm most likely going to wild card then as well

ReputationRep:
    Keep Costa for most of the international window for the price rise and add 0.1 to you total value? I'm guessing he's more likely than Aguero to rise 0.2.

(Original post by Qari)
    yh but if you're wildcarding for him then it's a waste of a wildcard

that said I'm most likely going to wild card then as well
    Backtracking (kind of) on what I said earlier, if you do wildcard then dump Rooney for Costa. Easy total value increase.

ReputationRep:
    I really don't know if I should wildcard. I have had a really good start (168 points) and I want to continue to build my team value as I haven't got a lot of value ATM and I would like to get Di Maria in. I originally planned to wait until a double gameweek at the end.
    How much value can I seriously expect to gain by next week and how many points can I really gain for WCing and at DGW? Basically, should I wildcard today or save it for a DGW?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex Doran)
    I really don't know if I should wildcard. I have had a really good start (168 points) and I want to continue to build my team value as I haven't got a lot of value ATM and I would like to get Di Maria in. I originally planned to wait until a double gameweek at the end.
    How much value can I seriously expect to gain by next week and how many points can I really gain for WCing and at DGW? Basically, should I wildcard today or save it for a DGW?
    Save it because this season their are less price rises, the usual sites that predict price changes have been inaccurate as it seems other variables are being used to calculate them and so price rises are less frequent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArsenalWenger)
    Save it because this season their are less price rises, the usual sites that predict price changes have been inaccurate as it seems other variables are being used to calculate them and so price rises are less frequent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have 2 free transfers but I probably need to swap out Chambers because he will not be playing unless there is an injury for a first team player. I probably need to change Kaboul as I wouldn't be surprised if he gets dropped now that they have signed this new CB. Also I would like to change Mata to Di Maria and I think I could make the 0.7m using transfers. Having just looked at my team I realise that they are the only changes I want to make so I probably won't bother. I might as well take a 4 point hit if I do want to make the changes. Also it would probably take so much time to try and do it well, not worth the effort.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 8, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.