Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Exeter medical school applicants 2015! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muhaha_6)
    I haven't been watching this thread ever since I got rejected (sometime during the last week of Jan) so I don't know what's going on atm but they reconsidered my application and have given me an interview for the 18th of March... They said that if I do well, I'll be put on the reserve list so that if they have any spaces left in August, then they offer me a place. Did anyone else get this email? I thought all interviews would be done by Feb..? :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Capalmer)
    I got this too! Unfortunately I'm leaving to go traveling today but good luck for your interview!
    (Original post by JudgeJudy96)
    Got this email as well, don't really know what to think. I'm a bit confused really, I'm assuming that if we go to interview, we won't be given offers or rejections until the summer?! However I have an unconditional for med from leicester, do they expect me to reject that offer and wait another SIX months for a yes or now from exeter. Admissions from exeter had been a mess imo, their selection process for interview is bizarre and flawed to say the least. Based on the email they seem to be aware of this as they don't think they're gonna fill all their places come september??
    (Original post by adershsaravanaa)
    i wa initially rejected by exeter but they reviewed my application and I have a reserve interview on the 19th March. while this is anything but guaranteed success, it is some hope at least so pretty pleased about this
    Did you guys choose Medical Sciences (if they offered you it after rejection)?
    And what were your UKCAT scores?

My rejection e-mail said I was close to the threshold for selection so something like this would be nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Django)
    JUST GOT AN OFFER!!!!

Cannot believe it, was so sure I was gonna be rejected after most others heard last month!

Good luck to everyone left to hear, there is very much still a chance for you all
    So happy for you! Well done

ReputationRep:
    JUST GOT AN OFFER!!!!

Cannot believe it, was so sure I was gonna be rejected after most others heard last month!

Good luck to everyone left to hear, there is very much still a chance for you all
    Ah I'm so happy for you, I had my fingers crossed for you! Hopefully see you there next year!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else going to the visit day on the 4th??

ReputationRep:
    Just got my med sciences offer after being put on waiting list, anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lex97)
    I am! Where are you headed from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lex97)
    I am too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lex97)
    I'm going! It was the only date left :') I'm really looking forward to it

ReputationRep:
    JUST GOT AN OFFER!!!!

WELL DONE!!! That's amazing

When do you all think the reserve interviews will hear back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hetstar146)
    I am! Where are you headed from?
    From London 😊 what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aLittleBookWorm)
    I'm going! It was the only date left :') I'm really looking forward to it
    Same I'm excited!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lex97)
    From London ������ what about you?
    Cambridge but I'll get the train through Kings x and Paddington So excited now!

ReputationRep:
    JUST GOT AN OFFER!!!!

So pleased to see this post
    I have been lurking on TSR since the last application cycle, looking for information on everything to do with applying to medicine, (my son applied this year) You came across as a genuinely nice person, keen to help others by posting information from your own research.
    i hope studying medicine is everything you hoped it would be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubba)
    X
    (Original post by cwi111)
    X
    (Original post by Dr Gin)
    x
    Thanks guys I'm so relieved! Was really starting to worry

(Original post by Hetstar146)
    Ah I'm so happy for you, I had my fingers crossed for you! Hopefully see you there next year!
    Thanks, likewise, just gotta work hard now to make sure I don't mess up again

(Original post by Sugarpuffx)
    WELL DONE!!! That's amazing

When do you all think the reserve interviews will hear back?
    Thanks!! I am not really sure, but I guess it could be any time from now. Someone who had an interview said by early march so next couple of weeks hopefully. Good luck

(Original post by Jacsprat)
    So pleased to see this post
    I have been lurking on TSR since the last application cycle, looking for information on everything to do with applying to medicine, (my son applied this year) You came across as a genuinely nice person, keen to help others by posting information from your own research.
    i hope studying medicine is everything you hoped it would be
    Thanks a lot, I've done so much research over the last few years so it's nice to help if I can really just need to work hard now and make sure I get in!

Good luck to your son, hopefully everything works out for him

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys I'm so relieved! Was really starting to worry

Thanks, likewise, just gotta work hard now to make sure I don't mess up again

Thanks!! I am not really sure, but I guess it could be any time from now. Someone who had an interview said by early march so next couple of weeks hopefully. Good luck

Thanks a lot, I've done so much research over the last few years so it's nice to help if I can really just need to work hard now and make sure I get in!

Good luck to your son, hopefully everything works out for him
    Similar congratulations from me too. I pop onto TSR now and again as it was so helpful when my daughter missed her offer at Leeds, getting A*AB with B in Chemistry. She reapplied and ended up with two offers out of three applications after only one out of four the previous year. She's now in her third year at Leeds and loving the course.

Ever since then I've been lurking and wishing the resit applicants well. You can focus on the resit now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mother2)
    Similar congratulations from me too. I pop onto TSR now and again as it was so helpful when my daughter missed her offer at Leeds, getting A*AB with B in Chemistry. She reapplied and ended up with two offers out of three applications after only one out of four the previous year. She's now in her third year at Leeds and loving the course.

Ever since then I've been lurking and wishing the resit applicants well. You can focus on the resit now.
    Thanks Yeah resitting is pretty daunting, going in to this year I had loads of doubts over whether I had a chance as a resitter but I'm so glad I gave it another shot. TSR is so useful, it really helps in maximising your chances.

Hopefully I can be like your daughter and be a successful resitter! Leeds is lovely, I had an offer there last year so I'm not surprised she's loving it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lex97)
    Yep!!

ReputationRep:
    JUST GOT AN OFFER!!!!

Congratulations!!!

ReputationRep:
    Man like Django . Well done fam you can finally join the squad say nuttin g

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theblackmemba)
    Man like Django . Well done fam you can finally join the squad say nuttin g

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey, did you get an offer from Exeter and Plymouth?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 23, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.