Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    Good discussion in the Arsenal thread again boys.

I'm amazed you lot are STILL responding to this troll.
    What u saying fam

ReputationRep:
    Wilshere would ov ad em tonite wudnt he lads

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    This thread is cancer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)

No one's said that Giroud is enough to win the title (Sev doesn't count if he did). The only reason Arsenal fans such as my self defend him is because we realise he's still a talented striker up front and deserves to play for us whilst others, fans or neutral, have said that he isn't good enough. It says more than enough that he's managed to gain almost 20 goals in all comps whilst still missing around 3 months of the season. Problem is that people decide to criticise him unfairly even though he's turned up in several big games this season, he's scored more then "near post tap ins" as Jam said (lol), and he'd be the perfect second option striker, which again, is why I said in my initial post that we should go out and out for another striker, to complete our depth.

Yeah up to march(not arsed to look for his other goals post march) these were majority of his goals(aerial and near post tap ins like I said) with one goal coming from breaking a line of defence and another shot he created inside the box from making space with a turn and shot. Not saying he can't score other goals(I applauded his aerial ability and he's scored a few goals other than that like that rocket shot) but a large number of his goals are near post tap ins/headers. He doesn't create goals for himself by beating men with guile e.g. which means he often has to rely on the service of other players. He has 3 assists all season so it's not like his link up play is really that great in comparison to a benzema who gets 20 assists a season.

As you said, Giroud is a good second choice striker, probably would be the best second choice striker in the league, but that's it for a guy like Giroud if you want ambitions of winning the title.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    I thought that was Ozil?

I'm not counting on anything from Depay, he's a nice prospect to have signed but I don't think we should be expecting much from a 21 year old in his first PL season. Our team is unbalanced, I said before, we have a illusion of depth, but so little ability to take injuries or suspensions without having to rejig our team.
    I think players like Hazard e.g. have shown that if you are good enough, you can show how valuable a player you are in your first season. I don't expect a Ronaldo 08 from him but I don't see him being a player that will take long to acclimatise to the premier league...
    You need consistency for a title run, and we are nowhere near having that.
    That was why I was saying that I only really see Arsenal challenging for the title and possibly City if they were to solve the Yaya Toure problem.

ReputationRep:
    Just got back from Berlin, I'm lashed as ****. Had trouble getting on the flight back as I was tipsy as hell - couldn't resist a few bevvys after yesterday's game. I'm sure I was on Sky Sports as they sectioned our area with bare camera's lol, Juve .

ReputationRep:
    Suppose players were only transferable between academies. Then the Arsenal squad would still be decent tbh

Szcz
    Bellerin Djourou Connolly Gibbs
    Coquelin Wilshere
    Larsson Lansbury Vela
    Bendtner

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Suppose players were only transferable between academies. Then the Arsenal squad would still be decent tbh

Szcz
    Bellerin Djourou Connolly Gibbs
    Coquelin Wilshere
    Larsson Lansbury Vela
    Bendtner
    That squad is ****e

Probably finish 8th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    That squad is ****e

Probably finish 8th
    Na lol that won't finish top half.

ReputationRep:
    Thats relegation fodder if ever I've seen it.

ReputationRep:
    Koscielny atrocious for France as usual. Marks his own man at a set piece leaving Belgium free to score, and then gives away a penalty. No wonder Sakho is normally selected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pimped Butterfly)
    Koscielny atrocious for France as usual. Marks his own man at a set piece leaving Belgium free to score, and then gives away a penalty. No wonder Sakho is normally selected.
    agree, hope hes dropped. must take a retard to not get the best out of koscielny though, even wenger can muster that.

ReputationRep:
    What good is Sakho for Liverpool if hes selected over Kosciely for France , he's still inferior to koscielny in the league

ReputationRep:
    He wouldn't be inferior if they played in the same team - like all CBs his performances are just as much a result of his team and defensive partners. He'd play to the same standard, or higher, if he played for Arsenal. As the rest of the league saw when Rodgers finally managed to put together a half decent defence, Sakho is immense in the PL as well.

ReputationRep:
    Sol Cambell be sliding into politics like

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool actually bought Ings :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    Also, I saw the title "Barcelona sign Vidal" and got pissed until I saw it was Aleix, not Arturo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Liverpool actually bought Ings :rofl2:
    You lot should've gone for him tbf, would've been happy to play second fiddle to Giroud and he's essentially Walcott with a better finish.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.