Sheffield - ????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaltyCh1ps)
    So were the Gastro positions

Salford - ???
    Poole - Hummy42
    Manchester - Chloep
    Sheffield - ????
    Pretty sure there were only three places (the final list we saw was only 3).
    I'm at Poole, but not GI (Radiation safety). Takes me 4-5 hours driving to South Yorkshire (where I'm from).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benjaminstp)
    Hi nymv,

I am in this position too. Last year I was interview reserve, this year I am offer reserve. Was really hoping for an offer this time but I guess I will have to try again next year and hope its third time lucky.
    I'm also in the same position. Hopefully 3rd time lucky for us all. Last year I was in my final year of uni. This year I felt improved my application by having some real work experience under my belt but I've been so busy settling into my first job. Now I feel like i finally have the time to make this my focus for next year! Always disappointing not to do well enough! I bumped my car on the way to the interview too so my mind frame could have been better!! Which discipline were you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MickeyMoo)
    Pretty sure there were only three places (the final list we saw was only 3).
    I'm at Poole, but not GI (Radiation safety). Takes me 4-5 hours driving to South Yorkshire (where I'm from).
    Just looked and there's definitely x 4.

ReputationRep:
    Cardiac will hear by the end of the week! Fml I can't take this any more!!

ReputationRep:
    Any in service people still waiting to hear? I'm still waiting for my in service Med Phys offer to (hopefully) come through. This has been the longest 3 days of my life!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welly909)
    Have they told you why you have to wait so much longer than the other streams?

ReputationRep:
    How do you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DuckyMinotaur)
    Have they told you why you have to wait so much longer than the other streams?
    I asked them and they said 'There is no particular reason for this'

(Original post by rjojo)
    How do you know?
    They just emailed me

ReputationRep:
    I asked them and they said 'There is no particular reason for this'

They just emailed me
    That seems strange

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DuckyMinotaur)
    That seems strange

I know, why not just say, sorry we've been really busy we're still working our way through, or any actual reason rather than being so vague. Especially when they said just yesterday they should be released today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by <Ryan>)
    Did they say the same about vascular?
    I replied to ask if the same was true for vascular but no reply yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaltyCh1ps)
    Just looked and there's definitely x 4.
    Interesting, as they only interviewed 9 people which implies 3 places...
    AFAIK two places were also not approved (Hull and a second at Sheffield). A chap here interviewed, so I thought he would have been given the correct info.

ReputationRep:
    Im waiting on cardiac too... Ironic that all this waiting is probably going to give me a heart attack!! I just spoke to them though and they said they'll be out by the end of the day?! What's with these mixed messages they're sending us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buddy257)
    Im waiting on cardiac too... Ironic that all this waiting is probably going to give me a heart attack!! I just spoke to them though and they said they'll be out by the end of the day?! What's with these mixed messages they're sending us
    Agreed on the potential heart attack!
    I pray by the end of the day we'll know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buddy257)
    It's so cruel! I just want to be put out of my misery!! Or y'know if they'd just said Friday from the start that would have been cool too!

ReputationRep:
    I hope it's not on Friday since it's Friday the 13tg!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunny2222)
    I hope it's not on Friday since it's Friday the 13tg!
    Ha, oh no!! Although it would have to be lucky for someone!

ReputationRep:
    Eeeek I hadn't realised about Friday 13th! That's beyond a joke hah. I just want to know be it good or bad!

ReputationRep:
    Just had another email from a different staff member to say 'No reason we always said they would be released between 9th and 11th' which it makes it sound like they're still going to be released today. Not sure who really knows what's going on? So frustrating!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.