Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Announcements Posted on
TSR looking different to you this week? Find out why here. 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Went to the gym for the first time in nearly a year on thursday and knocked around a puck in a roller rink yesterday. My body is killing, all this exercise hurts! I've hit a new high with my weight so I'm determined to do something about it.
    ED trigger maybe
    I don't understand how I'm putting on so much weight. I'm not eating any differently and my thyroid test came back clear, but I'm piling on weight - none of my clothes fit anymore.

(Original post by PandaWho)
    Hey
    Have you looked into SAD i think it is, its basically seasonal featuring depression, so feeling depressed over the winter months and happier over summer, this may link in with you feeling low nov-feb.

Everyones ace here, iv been knocking around mhss for around 4 years i think,? And still hang about even when things are better!
    Hi!
    I've literally just searched it up on the NHS and it is very similar to what I have experienced. I thought it was just me associating feelings from that particular time of year.. I'm not really one to self-diagnose myself though. But I will look into it and thankyou so much for your help! I was worrying that my post might have broken the threads rules!

Yeah, everyone does seem so kind... its nice to come on here where everyone is so understanding! I'll definitely stick around:-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Went to the gym for the first time in nearly a year on thursday and knocked around a puck in a roller rink yesterday. My body is killing, all this exercise hurts! I've hit a new high with my weight so I'm determined to do something about it.
    ED trigger maybe
    I don't understand how I'm putting on so much weight. I'm not eating any differently and my thyroid test came back clear, but I'm piling on weight - none of my clothes fit anymore.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    have you had tests for other things? One of my illnesses can cause weight gain.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! How are you? I haven't posted for a while.

It has now been over a month since I moved out of halls at the end of Year 2 at uni. I've had such a good social life this year. My flatmates were amazing and we had so much fun. However, my results were nothing to be proud of. Barely scraped passes in some modules and got 2:2 in the others. All because I'd lost motivation to study, a repeat of what happened during my A Levels.

My current meds are quite good actually. I'm on 20mg Fluoxetine and it has reduced my anxiety significantly. My mood is also just about holding during the current tough time I'm going through (all of my making I'd say :sad:). Other aspects like motivation to do things I need to significantly change myself. I did miss my review appointment last month and haven't chased it up, which isn't a good idea.

Now on to my tough time recently. It is to do with a girl and I'm just annoyed at both her and myself. Put it in spoiler as it is a long incoherent rant.
    Spoiler:
    Show

I had hoped I was more mature in the 4.5 years since I was last in this situation, but no, I'm afraid I've failed badly. Quite simply, I'm in love with a girl. However, the feeling isn't mutual from her side and I think she feels I'm taking too much of an interest in her. Really I should be the mature one and be careful in what I say and do. But no, I can't resist making comments here and there, even deliberately winding her up at times. It is a shame I do this. We have so much in common. Hobbies, mental health history, aspergers (although mine is extremely mild), family issues etc. But what she looks for in both guys and girls (she's bisexual) is completely different. Looks are everything for her, and I fall well short there. She really isn't mature for her age either. She's 19 and has proudly said she considers herself 16 and surrounds herself with inmature 14 year old twin boys, one of whom so obviously has a crush on her, and both of them use it to annoy me. I shouldn't be falling for it, as I'm 21 and know better, but no, I still do. Quite frankly I should be trying not to get caught up with inmature people who use aspergers as an excuse to behave like an idiot, but no, I'm still in love with her. I am ashamed to say that I've failed in this test of how mature I've become since I was last was in love with a girl, which was shortly after I turned 17 and my mental health problems started. Really I should be giving her space. And being careful with my behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    Been busy! Really enjoying work even though its tiring me out and i seem to gain atleast 1 new bruise a week!

Got the keys to my flat on wednesday and i move most of my stuff in on tuesday! Proper excited!
    Getting a cooker fridge and washing machine off the council which will help me out loads financially and effort wise aswell!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    have you had tests for other things? One of my illnesses can cause weight gain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Not yet. I saw my GP on Tuesday and had some blood tests done. He said that if they all come back find he'll look into other avenues. But I really don't understand it. I think maybe the quetiapine is screwing with me, I'm so tired all the time and my concentration has got even worse, though I haven't changed anything meds-wise so no idea why it would suddenly do that. :confused:

How's your job going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi!
    I've literally just searched it up on the NHS and it is very similar to what I have experienced. I thought it was just me associating feelings from that particular time of year.. I'm not really one to self-diagnose myself though. But I will look into it and thankyou so much for your help! I was worrying that my post might have broken the threads rules!

Yeah, everyone does seem so kind... its nice to come on here where everyone is so understanding! I'll definitely stick around:-)
    Its deffinately not just you! I know my depressions worse when its cold and dark outside, try talking to a dr about it :yep:
    Cos there may be things that help alleviate it other than antidepressants!

Some of the loveliest people iv met are from MHSS

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I never realised how much of a **** person I am before tonight :hide:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    I never realised how much of a **** person I am before tonight :hide:
    From what I've seen on here, I definitely wouldn't say that. But why do you think so? (if that's not too personal :hugs: )

ReputationRep:
    Been busy! Really enjoying work even though its tiring me out and i seem to gain atleast 1 new bruise a week!

Got the keys to my flat on wednesday and i move most of my stuff in on tuesday! Proper excited!
    Getting a cooker fridge and washing machine off the council which will help me out loads financially and effort wise aswell!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's great you're enjoying work! So many people have jobs they despise so to find something you like is awesome

Hope the move goes well!

ReputationRep:
    From what I've seen on here, I definitely wouldn't say that. But why do you think so? (if that's not too personal :hugs: )
    That's kinda like me asking you why you think I'm not a crap person. :hide:

I just hate how when things get too hard, I push people away. And now something happened earlier that just cemented it. I can't go see my friend at the moment because I can't afford to loose money from work and the fuel to go up. She's phoned me up crying about how much she wants to see me. I've had to tell her that I can't afford it right now and she's really upset with me.

I honestly wish I could go up but I just can't and it's really upset me as well. I can't borrow money of anyone because no one in my house has anything to give me. :hide: I just feel **** that I can't help make my friend happy again. :cry2:

I'm also a *****y person for other reasons but I won't go into those right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    That's kinda like me asking you why you think I'm not a crap person. :hide:

I just hate how when things get too hard, I push people away. And now something happened earlier that just cemented it. I can't go see my friend at the moment because I can't afford to loose money from work and the fuel to go up. She's phoned me up crying about how much she wants to see me. I've had to tell her that I can't afford it right now and she's really upset with me.

I honestly wish I could go up but I just can't and it's really upset me as well. I can't borrow money of anyone because no one in my house has anything to give me. :hide: I just feel **** that I can't help make my friend happy again. :cry2:

I'm also a *****y person for other reasons but I won't go into those right now.
    It sounds like that isn't really under your control. Not having the money to do something doesn't make you a bad person. I know it's not the same but have you tried webcamming on skype with this friend perhaps?

I don't know if this will be possible but could you two try going halves? I used to be in a ldr and we would each pay half for travel as that was the fairest way of dividing things.

Tbh it sounds a little unfair of your friend to be upset with you because you don't have the money....

ReputationRep:
    Roll on next month when the council finally install a buzzer security door in the block of flats where I live. Just had someone chap my door 20 mins ago at a little past midnight and it woke me up with a panic and now its set off my OCD, paranoia, panics - you name it. Always scared to sleep when this happens.

He admitted he got the wrong door and then left. I'm getting absolutely sick of this now.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like that isn't really under your control. Not having the money to do something doesn't make you a bad person. I know it's not the same but have you tried webcamming on skype with this friend perhaps?

I don't know if this will be possible but could you two try going halves? I used to be in a ldr and we would each pay half for travel as that was the fairest way of dividing things.

Tbh it sounds a little unfair of your friend to be upset with you because you don't have the money....
    Face timing isn't the same. It really isn't.

The problem is that she's offered to pay me money to go up, but I've had to say no and I can't accept it because I know I can't pay her back st the moment and I feel bad that I can't do that. (I can't accept stuff like that, it's just me. )

I think she's taking it out on me because she's upset that no one makes s effort to go up because they're "busy" but I'm the one with a job and other things going on yet I'm the only one to make a effort. I can't go up at the moment because my knees are kinda screwed up. And I can't do anything about them. :/

I have pretty bad memories of my hometown, however the same time I'd like to go back and visit my family. Not sure what to do.

ReputationRep:
    Much hugs for anyone in here that needs them :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Roll on next month when the council finally install a buzzer security door in the block of flats where I live. Just had someone chap my door 20 mins ago at a little past midnight and it woke me up with a panic and now its set off my OCD, paranoia, panics - you name it. Always scared to sleep when this happens.

He admitted he got the wrong door and then left. I'm getting absolutely sick of this now.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    We've got the buzzers and still get this fairly often. And finally, children have stopped banging on the windows / ringing the buzzer and running off.

I have an even greater respect than before for people who endure hallucinations/ anything that isnt really there.
    One night was bad enough never mind having that repeatedly

ReputationRep:
    Really struggle to keep up what I know from cbt at times of stress

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Really struggle to keep up what I know from cbt at times of stress
    Keep trying. The more you practice the more effective and easier to implement it will become. :console:

I know I always say this to people, but maybe you could try writing down what you need to do. Or make like mind-maps or something?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.