Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StevenGRogers)
    Can't get a link to the list, but here's a few. They're easy enough to find on the website:

IB: https://citi.avature.net/careers/Pro...d-Kingdom/2556

Securities: https://citi.avature.net/careers/Pro...d-Kingdom/2604
    I must be retarded. If I go on your link and then click back to get me on the search page, if I click location there is no London on it. WTF am I doing wrong? Feel like such a melt.

edit: Never mind, found it. I was a gimp.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e^x)
    do u know if RBS still use TalentQ? They've added a new game to their assessment process so i thought they might have changed things up.
    No idea tbh, a lot of processes are changing this year.

ReputationRep:
    when it asks "give 3 reasons why this division at this bank?", should we list 3 reasons for joining division (i.e. IBD) or specifically bank?

ReputationRep:
    man still havent received barclays 2nd thing after half a day... cant believe Ive been rejected..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AKRP)
    man still havent received barclays 2nd thing after half a day... cant believe Ive been rejected..
    It might be different for different divisions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayjay531)
    How long did barclays give you to do the second stage? I havent been told in my email but apparently its 48 hours?
    Mine said 48

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by torres657)
    when it asks "give 3 reasons why this division at this bank?", should we list 3 reasons for joining division (i.e. Ibd) or specifically bank?
    "why this division" ... "at this bank" ......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turing)
    It might be different for different divisions?
    what division did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    Btw. is there something lke a barclays applicaiton centre where i can view my application? Cant find anything..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AKRP)
    what division did you apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm also in the same position waiting, I applied to Research

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AKRP)
    Btw. is there something lke a barclays applicaiton centre where i can view my application? Cant find anything..
    Don't worry mate. Same issue over here. I felt like I absolutely smashed the test so really surprised. I can't find a way to view the application. Will let you know if I hear anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If your university has their events in mid-October, would it be best to wait until then before applying? Are SA positions rolling? Can't help but notice people are getting to interview stages already...!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dante991)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm also in the same position waiting, I applied to Research
    ah sick I applied to Research as well, that might be the reason then.

(Original post by Commercial Paper)
    Don't worry mate. Same issue over here. I felt like I absolutely smashed the test so really surprised. I can't find a way to view the application. Will let you know if I hear anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah the test was easy (especially the number questions), did you also apply to research?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apriori1234)
    If your university has their career events in mid-October, would it be best to wait until then before applying? Are SA positions rolling? Can't help but notice people are getting to interview stages already...!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apriori1234)
    If your university has their events in mid-October, would it be best to wait until then before applying? Are SA positions rolling? Can't help but notice people are getting to interview stages already...!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    it is useless to wait for so long just to get few names, many people start to get offers by mid-October already, my best advice is to start applying today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    No idea tbh, a lot of processes are changing this year.
    other than DB changing to SHL and HSBC doing inductive testing, what other processes have changed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Proflash)
    other than DB changing to SHL and HSBC doing inductive testing, what other processes have changed?
    Barclay's new process, RBS and their 'games'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As a final year, for HSBC, are you guys applying for Summer roles? Because I see all this chatter, and I just checked, and the graduate role for S&T for HSBC, which is what they suggest if you're final year, only opens in October..

ReputationRep:
    Any insight into the Citi test?? I've just got the email. Is there somewhere I can practise through the same test provider?

ReputationRep:
    Do MS auto-reject after a few days? had a shocker on the test

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.