Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRRR123)
    Heey,
    I got exactly the same... please explain it if 40.0 was wrong
    I rearranged the formula?
    The question was to work out angle BAC but you must have worked out ABC and then gave that as the answer. You had to work out ABC before BAC, but you must have mistaken it and just given the wrong angle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fez_Shabbir)
    who done foundation ?
    I did

ReputationRep:
    [thats acceptable answer.

QUOTE=Jf1234;65594309]What if we put 9/20 instead of 0.45 for 1b?[/QUOTE]

ReputationRep:
    Got around 86-90 some marks I'm unsure of, I could have gotten 95 if my calculated hadn't started acting weird during the exam and hadn't doubted myself in the last question. I was just unlucky,

ReputationRep:
    For the graph question, i plotted all the points correctly but joined them as straight lines instead of joining with a curve, will i lose marks for this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nortexg)
    Thanks, before the exam I researched significant figures and it was more complicated than I thought depending on the scenarios and stuff. Hopefully like you said they'll accept my answer, otherwise I can say good bye to the 100/100 dream.
    Don't worry I'm sure it will be fine. And anyway 99/100 is still a quite reasonable score hah. Best of luck for results I'm sure you got the A* you deserve!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AQAbio/business)
    For the graph question, i plotted all the points correctly but joined them instead of joining with a curve, will i lose marks for this?
    generally yes you would, as you learn that a x*3 graph is curved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AQAbio/business)
    For the graph question, i plotted all the points correctly but joined them as straight lines instead of joining with a curve, will i lose marks for this?
    I don't think so. Due to the fact that there was nothing you had to do with the graph after drawing it. If you had to work out values etc. like in the non calc that would be another story....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smileyfacecloud)
    Can anyone show me the work solution for question 20? 3x^2+6x-2
    I got totally different answers
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  402.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nortexg)
    Yeah I used the answer button and wrote down one other working fully. My final calculator answer was 80.4755... To three significant figures it's 80.48 as the 0 is not a significant figure.
    In 80.48 3 s.f would be 80.5
    The zero when in the middle is a significant figure. When a number is 42.20 it can be written as 42.2. As 0 is not an sf in that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna-mackinlay)
    I did
    Have you got the mark scheme

ReputationRep:
    its 100% 3.8 because 3.75 rounds up to 3.8 (1dp)????

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And whats all the confusion about the trial and error? Its 3.8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maphec)
    can someone explain question 15, the car depreciation as i got the answer as yes?
    He bought the car for £15000
    In the first year it lost 23% of its value so, your multiplier for that part would be 0.77
    15000x0.77= £11,550
    Then for the next two years it lost 18%, so here your multiplier would be 0.82. So you would either do:
    11,550x0.82^2=£7,766.22
    Or
    11,550x0.82=£9471
    9471x0.82= £7,766.22

1/2 of £15000 is £7500 and £7766.22 is higher so it has not lost more than half its original value.

ReputationRep:
    Question 7 is 3.7
    Trial and improvement! 34 is closer to the 3.7 solution than the 3.8 one

ReputationRep:
    For the last question i only worked up until finding 5.26 how many marks would i get. I counted 87 in total. If anyones looking for the paper here is the link to a yt vid but it doesnt have the 1st question and he got the bar question wrong (the answer is 3 bars)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    https://youtu.be/ahe6jmuT2DM

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    if i said 45% for the second part of stem and leaf would i still get the marks

ReputationRep:
    It was 3.75 tho not 3.7 which rounds up to 3.8(1dp)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edgerulezs)
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  402.0 KB
    Thank you I saw where I went wrong now.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.