30.11%
    Pepsi (Cool & Crisp)
    36.56%
    Sex.
    33.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Haven't started my PS yet :sad:

How are things with you and your girlfriend?

I remember there was another person in this thread in the same situation as me, I think it was you.
    Ah, me neither. Was aiming to have it started tonight, but that's looking less likely with every hour that goes by.

I think I've sorted that out. I've went with my heart rather than my head. :p: And am willing to accept the responsibility if it messes up! I got the birthday thing sorted, too (had no funds before, etc). Ordered everything online, all arrived the past few days. Just need to sort out somewhere to go on the day now. Probably The Bothy (Glasgow). Things are finally looking up. It only took about 4 months :awesome:

That's a pity about Katie's choices -- but now that you're doing all these mad AHs and Hs all over the place can't you just apply to England too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    I feel like it most in winter then super anxious in summer
    Why only scotland when your doing subjects you can goto england :P

Hey check out stirling! it's lovleyyy

I applied to all scottish but if i'd stayed on I woulda applied to south england..mm warm weather
    Warm weather in Britain? Don't be silly :o:

ReputationRep:
    Self-teaching AH Maths with the the limited resources available asides from the horrible Maths in Action books :afraid
    (Original post by Albert Einstein)
    Do not worry about your problems with mathematics, I assure you mine are far greater.
    You have no idea...

ReputationRep:
    What a amazing day I've had. Not. Plus it's rather depressing coming out of a lecture to find it dark outside. :sigh:

You know Albert Einstein ate his own boogers. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    What a amazing day I've had. Not. Plus it's rather depressing coming out of a lecture to find it dark outside. :sigh:
    :console: What's up?

ReputationRep:
    Aw :o: how is she with it all?

Awesome! Everything has turned around quite nicely, :p: :yep:

Nah, I doubt I would get in. I'm more comfortable close to home tbh (Scotland that is). But the chances of being at the same university as her are 1:9. :sad:
    Well, I don't think she fully appreciates the extent to which I've totally compromised my life plans purely for her, and how much other people would probably look down on me for doing so, but she seems to be okay. :p: We're both going to Glasgow (hopefully), and ultimately I'm fine with it as, like you, I enjoy being close to home.

That's awful, man I was in a similar position as you know so I appreciate how crappy that feels. I guess at this stage your best option is to adopt the "wait and see what happens" approach? :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukdragon37)
    You have no idea...
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    It better be worth it. What did you "sacrifice"?

Wait and see = :sigh:
    Several possible subjects, living in halls, year abroad, unis in England, lots of money :p: , time (the only thing keeping me wasting time with 6th year is her presence). Nothing much really. ahem.

I can see how it looks ridiculous from the outside but it makes sense to me, and I'm happy with it. Initially I wasn't, at all, but I've learned to trust her judgements and she was indeed correct in the end.

:sigh: is right, I guess. You can clearly handle it, Ape. Just don't end up resorting to guilt tripping or anything like that... I know you won't, but yeah. You've been with her a long time, right? Try to think of it like this; if this ends up being a truly long-term thing, you'll inevitably end up having problems and dilemmas worse than even this whole uni situation. That's life. If you pull through this, it means something. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Aww I remember when I was in a similar position to some of you. It's all completely worked out for me though, so that may be worth bearing in mind :p:

That girl who wrote that article behind my back has been approached to found a student newspaper ... I wouldn't have any interest in writing articles about litter and school dinners, and most of the copies will probably end up in the bin, but I'm still a bit wounded that they didn't even ask me. I mean, she didn't get the award for Higher English, so ... :lolwut: Maybe the rector heard about that article for the Catholic Observer (lol) and so he asked her to write an entire paper of her own. :sigh:

Today we got our 'Streetcar' essays back today and I got a B/A (no one else got anymore than a B). That girl got a B, and do you know what she said? "I should have got an A. :shifty:"

:indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    Aww I remember when I was in a similar position to some of you. It's all completely worked out for me though, so that may be worth bearing in mind :p:
    Yeah, but your solution was to ditch the girl. I think that's what he's trying to avoid. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namedeprived)
    :console: What's up?
    I'm just in a sour mood, it's been one of those days that I wish I just could have stayed in bed. :p: Slept in, forgot about a quiz, lecturer was late again which pissed me off :o: and then skanky bloody geology didn't have a clue what was goin on in it - flipping Isostacy and ocean spreding.

Shouldn't complain really but oh well. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    That girl who wrote that article behind my back has been approached to found a student newspaper ... I wouldn't have any interest in writing articles about litter and school dinners, and most of the copies will probably end up in the bin, but I'm still a bit wounded that they didn't even ask me. I mean, she didn't get the award for Higher English, so ... :lolwut: Maybe the rector heard about that article for the Catholic Observer (lol) and so he asked her to write an entire paper of her own. :sigh:

Today we got our 'Streetcar' essays back today and I got a B/A (no one else got anymore than a B). That girl got a B, and do you know what she said? "I should have got an A. :shifty:"

:indiff:
    You're doing Streetcar at AH?

And you both remind me of people in my AH English.

(Original post by TimmyVermicelli)
    You're doing Streetcar at AH?

And you both remind me of people in my AH English.
    I know, I didn't know it was also a Higher text until I read about it on here :awesome: What are you doing at AH? (We did 'Othello' at Higher ...).

In what way? Rivalry? :sexface: I'm just staggered by her arrogance. She used to be my best friend, too. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    I'm just in a sour mood, it's been one of those days that I wish I just could have stayed in bed. :p: Slept in, forgot about a quiz, lecturer was late again which pissed me off :o: and then skanky bloody geology didn't have a clue what was goin on in it - flipping Isostacy and ocean spreding.

Shouldn't complain really but oh well. :o:
    Oh well. Tomorrow's another day.

I think Ape should have some input as to what the appropriate replies would have been...

Annoyed Ape: "Well you didn't get an A, did you?"
    Angry Ape: "LOL, stupid *****, can't even get an A"
    Horny Ape: "Sex?"

:sigh:
    :rofl: Everyone I've told said, "You should have said 'Well you didn't get an A, did you? :mfing:'" I just said something like "Well, maybe next time, eh? "

She then said "Maybe that circle she put around the B was a /A and the photocopier just didn't print it." :facepalm2:

I couldn't stand such a pretentious, narcissistic, conniving person tbh, I don't see how you do.
    You're a wise ape. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namedeprived)
    Oh well. Tomorrow's another day.
    Haha true, I'll be glad to escape from some science and have a human based lecture tomorrow. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    I know, I didn't know it was also a Higher text until I read about it on here :awesome: What are you doing at AH? (We did 'Othello' at Higher ...).

In what way? Rivalry? :sexface: I'm just staggered by her arrogance. She used to be my best friend, too. :rolleyes:
    LOL, a smiley called sexface :rofl:

Anyway, yeah, we done A Man For All Seasons at Higher.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.