Turn on thread page Beta

The Playstation 3 Society III watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    How do we get this? Promo code?
    its exactly the same as the other website - identical. I am going to air on the side of caution on this, seeing as mo gave a warning about the last sight, and if anyone knows, mo knows. He buys everything :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    They're exactly the same company. Both registered to the same address (see the footer on both websites). Seems weird.
    :holmes: good spot

ReputationRep:
    ZZ018... dunno cos i tried to dign in using my very email address and password and it said it wasn't recognised ...

ReputationRep:
    I don't like the way they deal with payments. Fair enough doing the whole credit thing but I'd prefer a straight up payment method like the majority of online shops have. Websites like that aren't my cup of tea.

ReputationRep:
    i've emailed them to ask if it makes a difference that i have an account with very and have placed an order

ReputationRep:
    They are all part of the the Shop Direct group, there is quite a few companies they own.

(Original post by jermaindefoe)
    its exactly the same as the other website - identical. I am going to air on the side of caution on this, seeing as mo gave a warning about the last sight, and if anyone knows, mo knows. He buys everything :teeth:
    Did you try opening a credit account with Very, cos I think that's what you might have done. Have a look at this code on HUKD cos it sounds similar http://www.hotukdeals.com/vouchers/2...stomers/754404

But like I've said to defoe already, the problem with all of these websites is that a couple of months down the line they may take the money they refunded you back out of your account which is the only problem they have. I used a code with Very to buy my iPod touch and it worked fine but that was the only code I've ever used with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    They are all part of the the Shop Direct group, there is quite a few companies they own.

Did you try opening a credit account with Very, cos I think that's what you might have done. Have a look at this code on HUKD cos it sounds similar http://www.hotukdeals.com/vouchers/2...stomers/754404

But like I've said to defoe already, the problem with all of these websites is that a couple of months down the line they may take the money they refunded you back out of your account which is the only problem they have. I used a code with Very to buy my iPod touch and it worked fine but that was the only code I've ever used with them.
    why do they do that? have multiple companies under one company? Is it to aid in sales? Or something more sinister, allowing sub companies to tranfer money between each other etc, transfering debts and so on?

I wouldnt mind betting a few of those catelogues sell exactly the same thing, for exactly the same price and have exactly the same deals
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    why do they do that? have multiple companies under one company? Is it to aid in sales? Or something more sinister, allowing sub companies to tranfer money between each other etc, transfering debts and so on?

I wouldnt mind betting a few of those catelogues sell exactly the same thing, for exactly the same price and have exactly the same deals
    Some of them would have started as individual companys and then bought by a bigger company?

Like PC World, Currys, Dixon all come under DSGi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Some of them would have started as individual companys and then bought by a bigger company?

Like PC World, Currys, Dixon all come under DSGi.
    but those 3 dont all sell exactly the same stuff?

have you tried the new code, it doesnt even work :/
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    but those 3 dont all sell exactly the same stuff?

have you tried the new code, it doesnt even work :/
    Still under 1 category of electrical appliances.

Nope. :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Hi, can some people help me out. I am looking at booking a trip to paris for me and the gf for over christmas, christmas eve / christmas day / boxing day but i have no idea on decent prices ( i am by no means loaded !) or any idea on locations of hotels etc.... I want to fly from London so that needs to be taken in to consideration.

Basicaly, even though its christmas, she will want to go and see all the sights etc so dont want to be too far away as no doubt public transport will be limited at that time of the year

Will + rep if anyone can help me out at all

thanks
    :pierre: Surely it's cheaper to fly to get the stupid train to France? I noticed some suggested getting the Eurostar.

ReputationRep:
    the eurostar works out relativley cheap tbh

btw: how do you find all of my threads ffs

ReputationRep:

I gets to use Economics here! :woo:

A couple of reasons why they might not want to/be allowed to merge. One is that because each has built up its brand then making a new brand would make them lose customers...takes time to built brand loyalty etc. Usually it makes more sense just to keep companies separate although they parent company might save money if they were to merge but that just depends. You'd be so surprised at the number of companies that compete against each other and are owned by the same parent company.
    Like if you have a look at Procter & Gamble and you can see that in a few markets they own companies which compete against each other...

Btw where were you last night? Just two of us in SnD and we dominated! :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    I gets to use Economics here!

A couple of reasons why they might not want to/be allowed to merge. One is that because each has built up its brand then making a new brand would make them lose customers...takes time to built brand loyalty etc. Usually it makes more sense just to keep companies separate although they parent company might save money if they were to merge but that just depends. You'd be so surprised at the number of companies that compete against each other and are owned by the same parent company.
    Like if you have a look at Procter & Gamble and you can see that in a few markets they own companies which compete against each other...

Btw where were you last night? Just two of us in SnD and we dominated!
    ohh ffs - were you on? i assumed when you said you may be on that you would probably be playing ruse later on lol

cheers for the explanation btw !!! oh and if you are playing this afternoon plse plse let me know, i am dying to play some

just popping out but will 100% be on this afternoon - i just tried playing hardcore snd, i actually got 8 kill streak and emergency airdrop, and im sure some fooker on my team shot me when i called it in and stole my creates ( it could have been the other team but it was at the start of the round) i was fuming to say the least

ReputationRep:
    ohh ffs - were you on? i assumed when you said you may be on that you would probably be playing ruse later on lol

cheers for the explanation btw !!! oh and if you are playing this afternoon plse plse let me know, i am dying to play some

just popping out but will 100% be on this afternoon - i just tried playing hardcore snd, i actually got 8 kill streak and emergency airdrop, and im sure some fooker on my team shot me when i called it in and stole my creates ( it could have been the other team but it was at the start of the round) i was fuming to say the least
    Yeah I've told them I won't play RUSE with them till they finish the campaign so at least its some kind of challenge :p:

I hate HC mainly cos of team killers although they did the right thing making it HC ricochet so it was probably the enemy who shot you cos if a team mate shot you they'd die instead of you.

I should be on this afternoon...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've told them I won't play RUSE with them till they finish the campaign so at least its some kind of challenge

I hate HC mainly cos of team killers although they did the right thing making it HC ricochet so it was probably the enemy who shot you cos if a team mate shot you they'd die instead of you.

I should be on this afternoon...
    LMFAO is that why bum scum is playing it, and has been for the past 3 hours or so lol!!!

ahhh, so if i shoot a team mate, i die and not them? didnt know that.

See you later then
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    the eurostar works out relativley cheap tbh

btw: how do you find all of my threads ffs
    Caught it under the discussions tab. :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Fifa 11 trophies (approx based on 360 achievements)

ReputationRep:
    LMFAO is that why bum scum is playing it, and has been for the past 3 hours or so lol!!!

ahhh, so if i shoot a team mate, i die and not them? didnt know that.

See you later then
    lol yeah he's so slow at it though...

Yeah for game modes which state HC Ricochet then damage at friendlies is reflected back at the shooter...its because people used to join HC SnD just to team kill right at the start so they were forced to make this alterations...

ReputationRep:
    went out for bread and came back with move :teehee: will be on soon for mw2

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.