Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gromit94)
    Hi Oxford Offer Holders,
    I was wondering if you could tell me what universities and what grades you have as your insurance option? I'm in Yr12 at the moment, looking at universities and I want to know that I'm looking at the right range- I would obviously love a place to study History at Oxford but I realise this may be a dream too far....
    I didn't think I'd get in then I did so just keep dreaming! My insurance is Sheffield 3As, with an A in History, an A in English or French and an A from any of my subjects including General Studies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gromit94)
    Hi Oxford Offer Holders,
    I was wondering if you could tell me what universities and what grades you have as your insurance option? I'm in Yr12 at the moment, looking at universities and I want to know that I'm looking at the right range- I would obviously love a place to study History at Oxford but I realise this may be a dream too far....
    My insurance is Lancaster - AAB including History, which is a fantastic offer as History is currently my weakest subject in terms of UMS ...

I also only got a B in AS History, so don't let not your grades deter you from applying to Oxford or any other universities!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy23)
    damn :/ fo my further maths im doing S1, s2, d1, fp2, fp3 & m3 so looks like i got the easy options :P
    Yep, but mechanics is fairly easy anyway. And more useful cos I'm gonna do engineering.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!
    Does each college have its own matriculation ceremony or do all freshers from all colleges attend the same one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omio)
    Hi everyone!
    Does each college have its own matriculation ceremony or do all freshers from all colleges attend the same one?
    All go to the same one, though there are smaller ceremonies for those who don't join in Michaelmas Term.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Festina lente)
    All go to the same one, though there are smaller ceremonies for those who don't join in Michaelmas Term.
    Any idea when it will happen this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omio)
    Any idea when it will happen this year?
    End of first week, so probably Saturday 15th October.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zigzog7)
    Yep, but mechanics is fairly easy anyway. And more useful cos I'm gonna do engineering.
    saaame dude bt im only doing up to M3 :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BJack)
    End of first week, so probably Saturday 15th October.
    Yup, tis the 15th October 2011, see for example here.

ReputationRep:
    saaame dude bt im only doing up to M3 :/
    You're doing engineering too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I eat poo)
    well mechanics on monday went really well, still got 4 next week which are the ones i need to do well in... physics isnt looking too good tho :/
    Awwww good luck I'm sure you've done great

ReputationRep:
    There are no other Irish people lurking here are there?

ReputationRep:
    You're doing engineering too?
    Yeah! Engineering science @ Jesus

ReputationRep:
    Yeah! Engineering science @ Jesus
    Nice, hopefully will see you there. Was it your first choice or not? What other college interviewed you?

ReputationRep:
    Any people going to John's:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...65439493520836

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoTobann)
    There are no other Irish people lurking here are there?
    Well I'm from Northern Ireland..

ReputationRep:
    Nice, hopefully will see you there. Was it your first choice or not? What other college interviewed you?
    Yeah it was, my other interview was hertford, how about you?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Hmm... is it just me, or does something smell like Oxford applicants for 2012 entry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LtCommanderData)
    Hmm... is it just me, or does something smell like Oxford applicants for 2012 entry?

Subtle

Although does this not mean we you have actually been stalking them too?

ReputationRep:
    Tomorrow I finally get to say goodbye to A Levels (for the second time). Finished with C4 at 10.45...then time to get on to partying with...my copy of Language, Truth and Logic :ahee:.

Hope everyone is enjoying finally getting round to doing things apart from revision. Those who have finished, at least.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.