Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseppea)
    I put this.

Germinating = more ATP needed for protein synthesis, mitosis etc. = more respiration.

Took me aaaaages to figure it out though - started writing about stomata originally...:rolleyes:
    I almost did this...........then i remembered i was talking about peas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Romisa_lovesA7X)
    Thanks.
    I'd put intensity, then crossed it out to write energy
    I put frequency...?

ReputationRep:
    For the question about cyclic- and non-cyclic photophosphorylation, I wrote BNNNC. Was it right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Illuminati)
    I almost did this...........then i remembered i was talking about peas.
    alot of people seem to think it's to do with photosynthesis in the peas, water means more photosynthesis, but.. that would mean oxygen is produced.. decreasing the change in oxygen and so decreasing the (apparent) rate of respiration! which is the opposite to what the question asked!

ReputationRep:
    are crap guys do u think they will accepth for the difference that the sensory neurone has a long dendron whereas the motor neurones has many dendrites that carry impulses towrds the cell body?
    and for the function that sensory carry impulses from receptor to CNS and motor carries impulse from CNS to effector?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by existinggirl)
    For the question about cyclic- and non-cyclic photophosphorylation, I wrote BNNNC. Was it right?
    i wrote that aswell (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jcb123)
    I put frequency...?
    It can't be frequency as it said
    ... light________and wavelength.
    it wouldn't make sense

ReputationRep:
    yeah that's what i got. however people are saying cyclic uses ETC as well. i remebered the book said electron acceptor, and straight back to the chlorophyll molecule. I dont think that implies electon transport chain personally, though we could be wrong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma93)
    i wrote that aswell (:
    anyone remember what the questions were for this bit?

ReputationRep:
    ahh crap!!! * guys do u think they will accepth for the difference that the sensory neurone has a long dendron whereas the motor neurones has many dendrites that carry impulses towrds the cell body?
    and for the function that sensory carry impulses from receptor to CNS and motor carries impulse from CNS to effector?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hillz)
    yeah that's what i got. however people are saying cyclic uses ETC as well. i remebered the book said electron acceptor, and straight back to the chlorophyll molecule. I dont think that implies electon transport chain personally, though we could be wrong!
    Well it generates ATP by chemiosmosis - which uses an electron transport chain...so it must do? :confused: That was my logic anyway, so forgive me if I'm wrong! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I got that I think, I remember putting 3 N's 1 b and C

The most surprising thing was the repeated content in this paper from june the stuff on the sensory and motor neurone at the end ultra filtration description. i think diabetes was on in June too. Just disappointed no real big markers spent ages learning big processes and they didn't come up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma93)
    type 1: need insulin injections
    type2: controlled by diet, so reducing carbohydrates
    It wasn't controlled by the diet though...it didn't work.
    He was the fact he was fifty five years of age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faz_341)
    ahh crap!!! * guys do u think they will accepth for the difference that the sensory neurone has a long dendron whereas the motor neurones has many dendrites that carry impulses towrds the cell body?
    dunno about the first 1 coz i would think that dendrites and dendrons are slightly different but I'm not an examiner.
    The second better be right coz its pretty much word for word what I put

ReputationRep:
    do you think frequency and wavelength of light will get the mark or do you think it had to be instensity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hillz)
    ah right thanks, at least it's only likely to be one mark lost then

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got a copy of the paper they could scan and upload?
    My teacher had a blank copy but he wouldn't let me scan it or take it home

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faz_341)
    are crap guys do u think they will accepth for the difference that the sensory neurone has a long dendron whereas the motor neurones has many dendrites that carry impulses towrds the cell body?
    Wrote the same as you, theres a table in the book in the answers that compares the two so just use that anything on there that is linked to structure and function should get marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Romisa_lovesA7X)
    For the question about why there's a difference in resp rate in soaked and dry seeds could you write that water dissociates into oxygen and hydrogen for ETC:confused:
    Since it was a suggest quest I'd assume there's probs a range of answers.
    that's what i said

ReputationRep:
    Lost a good 5 marks on silly mistakes!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 26, 2012

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.