warning points??
Oh right... -.-
rock.and.rose
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jemima1810)
I also hold a dual citizenship and I understand that there is more competition applying as a US citizen, but on the bright side the fees are so much cheaper!
Not at most of the colleges I'm planning on applying to, because they're private liberal arts colleges, so fees tend to be the same for everyone (even international).

However, there is a bright side in that at least I can legally work in the US, so I could perhaps get a job and earn a bit of money while I'm there.
g.k.galloway
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Afternoooon...Done some research for my EPQ today...and bought more stationary - Including a giant academic wall chart calendar thing with lots of stickers (hoping to be as organised as possible)

how is everyone else?
Big-Daddy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
x (Delete please)
User995789
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by shadab786ahmed)
Oh right... -.-
What did you do?

(Original post by g.k.galloway)
Afternoooon...Done some research for my EPQ today...and bought more stationary - Including a giant academic wall chart calendar thing with lots of stickers (hoping to be as organised as possible)

how is everyone else?
haha not to bad EPQ???
g.k.galloway
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Blueray2)
What did you do?

haha not to bad EPQ???
Extended project qualification, AS-level equivalent thing. You do a project on whatever the hell you want with essays and a presenation etc - We had to start out research over the hols
Soontobesuper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Extended project qualification, AS-level equivalent thing. You do a project on whatever the hell you want with essays and a presenation etc - We had to start out research over the hols

wow my college do the EPQ'S OVER THE 12-13 summer. sounds r3eal good so Id like to do it but dont kno wha on :/. Wha's yours on. The all seem to hev mega long titles.
L'Evil Fish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What did you do?

haha not to bad EPQ???
Cannot say -.- I'll get more but the person in question said that they didn't get offended or anything...
User995789
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

(Original post by Soontobesuper)
wow my college do the EPQ'S OVER THE 12-13 summer. sounds r3eal good so Id like to do it but dont kno wha on :/. Wha's yours on. The all seem to hev mega long titles.
No I don't do that What are you both doing?
g.k.galloway
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

No I don't do that What are you both doing?
Well I am yet to do a full title but its very complicated - its medically based but at the moment its a secret I'll tell you once everyone in the current sitting sends in their applications in case for some ridiculous reason someone nicks my idea.. I'm quite proud of it you see and its very unusual - I want it to stay that way
User995789
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well I am yet to do a full title but its very complicated - its medically based but at the moment its a secret I'll tell you once everyone in the current sitting sends in their applications in case for some ridiculous reason someone nicks my idea.. I'm quite proud of it you see and its very unusual - I want it to stay that way
Even moi? Pm me I'm not even doing it :lol:

(Original post by shadab786ahmed)
Cannot say -.- I'll get more but the person in question said that they didn't get offended or anything...
Haha ok
Zeionic
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Went to wimbledon college today...NO COMPUTING! and they won't let me do Biology and chemistry ..
lbsf1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
2 days till enrolment, just ordered my NUS card and it has to be delievered to the sixth form. WTF I wanted to use if before I went back. GRRRR.
User995789
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Sheel1)
Went to wimbledon college today...NO COMPUTING! and they won't let me do Biology and chemistry ..
Where you going then?
Zeionic
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Where you going then?
Im going croydon for AS and Wimbledon for A2 or Gravney, it all depends on greenshaw and cheam now.

EDIT: I might go Ernest bevin for As actually. I can do Computing, Economics , Maths

But wimbledon college said I can do Home study for Chemistry and Biology.

Double EDIT: I heard there's a gilford trip on monday. My first choice is maths ( been learning Differentiation )
DrumChops
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

how is everyone else?
Where can I purchase this from? Sounds good...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
sophiekutie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey people
I went to lakeside today and (amongst other things) got all my folders from WHSmith!
It was surprisingly not as expensive as I thought
I bought 5 ring binders, 5 lever arch files, and a set of dividers for less than £20
(well actually, I had an extra 20% off from a coupon so it was around £15)
So for those of you that were wondering about finding somewhere cheaper than smiths, I really wouldn't waste too much time on it cos you'll probably only save yourself about £2 anyways x

I also got a suit... Which was a nightmare!
For anyone here who is like me (very small) and struggles to get things to fit then it might be easier to do what I eventually did. Just look for something that looks nice, then get it altered to fit, because getting two things to match, look nice AND fit... It's almost impossible! x
Soontobesuper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Ah ok. Look foreward to hearing it. people I know wrotes plays, did something on the ethics of Greyhound racing. etc. Its worth an AS right?
Soontobesuper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
For people buying stationary, check if your colleges sells any. Cos I was going to Rymans and Buying then I found my college does refill pads for like 60p
g.k.galloway
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by DrumChops)
Where can I purchase this from? Sounds good...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I got mine in my small local stationary store but you can get them on Amazon --
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Collins-CWC1...6177941&sr=8-3 (I got this one! but there are loads of others )

Ah ok. Look foreward to hearing it. people I know wrotes plays, did something on the ethics of Greyhound racing. etc. Its worth an AS right?
Yeppppp, you get quite a good amount of UCAS points for an A or A*
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (63)
29.44%
No - I got the required grades (122)
57.01%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (29)
13.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise