Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yoghurt)
    I believe the official HD release of the trailer will be released within the next couple of hours!
    All they did was announce that the Daleks will be back.

I want to see the video. Why do the American fans get to see it and then we don't? Hardly seems right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    All they did was announce that the Daleks will be back.

I want to see the video. Why do the American fans get to see it and then we don't? Hardly seems right.
    Myah, anyone else find the Daleks really overrated/not scary? It's the 50th Anniversary, it should be special, whereas they've been done to the point where I just roll my eyes when I see them. It would be nice to bring back some of the older, forgotten villians.

Alas it's the same reason all comic-con exclusives are annoying, just because you don't live really near/have more money than sense/are a journalist you just have to wait. Not really sure what the point is if we're going to get it soon anyway :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMakeSenseToNone)
    Myah, anyone else find the Daleks really overrated/not scary? It's the 50th Anniversary, it should be special, whereas they've been done to the point where I just roll my eyes when I see them. It would be nice to bring back some of the older, forgotten villians.

Alas it's the same reason all comic-con exclusives are annoying, just because you don't live really near/have more money than sense/are a journalist you just have to wait. Not really sure what the point is if we're going to get it soon anyway :dontknow:
    The Daleks are boring, crap, easily defeated, wastes of space.

They should merely be used as background characters or nods to the past to keep the fanboys happy. They are a throwback to terrible effects, they must be able to think of something better now.

I'm not that thrilled about the news of the Daleks, I just hope they don't have a big role and are just in the background. I think they're way too overused
    I wish the Silence would be in the 50th, I thought they were great monsters

ReputationRep:

From what I've heard it seems that the daleks
    Spoiler:
    Show
    will be used to show the Time War! Which is pretty awesome if you ask me.

But otherwise, yes I would say that having the Daleks would be pretty uneventful.

ReputationRep:

That theme, complete with the speech, still gives me shivers. One of my favourite DW scenes of all time.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, BBC or whoever decides who will see the trailer, that those who have the time and money to fly to San Diego are the only ones worthy to see the trailer for the 50th at this stage.

ReputationRep:
    I really don't understand why the trailer was shown at comic con first. We pay the license fee to fund the program so surely we get priority on reveals like that, I also don't get why photos or video weren't allowed but nothing was said about posting descriptions online as surely that would spoil as much.

Damn bbc, we better have it within the next week or so. -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was reading the Radio Times today and apparently it's heavily rumoured that the new Doctor will be announced next month in another surprise DW: Confidential ala Matt Smith.

If so, I approve greatly. I'll approve more if the new Doctor is Tamsin Greig :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I was reading the Radio Times today and apparently it's heavily rumoured that the new Doctor will be announced next month in another surprise DW: Confidential ala Matt Smith.

If so, I approve greatly. I'll approve more if the new Doctor is Tamsin Greig :yep:
    It's probably a long shot but I have a sneaky feeling that it could be Richard Madden. He's probably the only 'known' actor I'd like to see try take on the role of the Doctor. Otherwise, I'd like to see a less widely known actor as the Doctor, as Matt was at the time.

Edit: Actually not that long of a shot.
    Quite a few actors from Game of Thrones have appeared on Doctor Who (albeit just only in singular episodes), 4 in the last season alone iirc. Jenna-Louise Coleman is dating Richard Madden too, if that counts for anything. Plus, I don't think his schedule is that busy now that he's finished with GOT.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly Richard Madden as the Doctor would be damn interesting. That would get me watching to begin with as I have been wanting a more darker doctor for a while and I could see him going quiet dark

Though now onto what I meant to say. I am in need of some sort of suit or tidy clothes for my graduation as I sadly can't rock up in jeans and t-shirt like I do for everything else. But as I am not a fan of suits normally i don't want a plain one which is why I am very thinking about wearing a suit similar to David Tennants 10th Doctor blue suit. The thing is I am not sure where to get a decent not stupidly priced one. They all either seem to be costume so badly made ones or uber expensive ones.

Does anyone have any good idea's of places to look for one? As the only thing that is holding me back from getting one is at the moment price haha. It would make my graduation much more interesting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JWH)
    Firstly Richard Madden as the Doctor would be damn interesting. That would get me watching to begin with as I have been wanting a more darker doctor for a while and I could see him going quiet dark

Though now onto what I meant to say. I am in need of some sort of suit or tidy clothes for my graduation as I sadly can't rock up in jeans and t-shirt like I do for everything else. But as I am not a fan of suits normally i don't want a plain one which is why I am very thinking about wearing a suit similar to David Tennants 10th Doctor blue suit. The thing is I am not sure where to get a decent not stupidly priced one. They all either seem to be costume so badly made ones or uber expensive ones.

Does anyone have any good idea's of places to look for one? As the only thing that is holding me back from getting one is at the moment price haha. It would make my graduation much more interesting
    Long shot but your local charity shops?

(Original post by Mr.Messy)
    It's probably a long shot but I have a sneaky feeling that it could be Richard Madden. He's probably the only 'known' actor I'd like to see try take on the role of the Doctor. Otherwise, I'd like to see a less widely known actor as the Doctor, as Matt was at the time.

Edit: Actually not that long of a shot.
    Quite a few actors from Game of Thrones have appeared on Doctor Who (albeit just only in singular episodes), 4 in the last season alone iirc. Jenna-Louise Coleman is dating Richard Madden too, if that counts for anything. Plus, I don't think his schedule is that busy now that he's finished with GOT.
    Nah, I highly doubt that!
    I'd love it to be Sam Troughton.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Long shot but your local charity shops?
    I have been trying to check them but as I work nights and so sleep during the times shops are open I haven't had the chance to yet which is why I have been looking for one online.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JWH)
    I have been trying to check them but as I work nights and so sleep during the times shops are open I haven't had the chance to yet which is why I have been looking for one online.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/brown-pin-...item461145f861

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-NEXT-...item4175570f98

That sort of thing?

ReputationRep:
    yip :yep: but the blue one as I prefer that over the brown one

ReputationRep:
    Anyone into the Big Finish Audio Productions for Doctor Who? I need some recs for some stories as so far nearly every one i've been interested in is far too expensive for how long they are

ReputationRep:
    http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/12th-doctor...nday-52184.htm

New doctor to be revealed on Sunday!!!

(Original post by Malevolent)
    http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/12th-doctor...nday-52184.htm

New doctor to be revealed on Sunday!!!
    I was just about to post this :mad:

I am soooo excited!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    I was just about to post this :mad:

I am soooo excited!!
    Sorry! :sad:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.