Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel - Chemistry Unit 2 - 4 June 2013 watch

• View Poll Results: Which topic(s) are you finding most difficult?
    Shapes of molecules and ions
    11.66%
    Intermediate bonding and bond polarity
    15.95%
    Intermolecular forces
    9.82%
    Redox
    17.79%
    Group 2 & 7
    40.49%
    Kinetics & Equilibria
    14.11%
    Organic Chemistry - Alcohols and Halogenoalkanes
    39.26%
    Mechanisms
    26.38%
    Green Chemistry
    28.83%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    I actually need 105 ums from this paper for my A overall and I counted up 72/80 marks.

66 raw marks is around 105 ums if you use the ums converter for the recent chem2 papers. This paper was a standard paper with some challenging questions, so I highly doubt the raw marks for 105 will be as high as 72 raw marks.

Even so, I did well on the Unit 5 paper, so regardless of the outcome on this paper, I'm pretty damn pleased with everything to do with chem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    How did the marks go for you? Did you check out the ms?

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to check :s plus I've forgotten most of my answers so it wouldn't help ill just wait until the 15th I'm pretty sure i did well so I'm not too worried like I am for maths :0

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone do? I got a C, but only just 72/120 :| which put me 5 marks off a B overall..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevsamuel)
    How did everyone do? I got a C, but only just 72/120 :| which put me 5 marks off a B overall..
    96/120
    Might remark though :/
    Expected a bit more

ReputationRep:
    hey all,
    I was resitting this paper.
    I had 81/120 before this resit, and now I got 82/120

Overall I'm 1 UMS mark off a B grade. I was so pissed off with this paper, I thought it was ridiculously hard.
    Gonna get it remarked so I can hopefully get that B

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was really different from the past papers.

But obv I didn't revise enough, judging from my result and effort.

ReputationRep:
    Managed to get 94/120 on this paper to my surprise.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S6500

ReputationRep:
    I got a C in this unit from 1 week revision and in unit 1 I went from a U to an A, so am pleased with these results anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayqwe)
    I got a C in this unit from 1 week revision and in unit 1 I went from a U to an A, so am pleased with these results anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah. In this Unit I got a U in the mock and a B in the exam, after a weeks revision. I did a lot per day though. Like 4-6 hours. Well done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GAB)
    Yeah. In this Unit I got a U in the mock and a B in the exam, after a weeks revision. I did a lot per day though. Like 4-6 hours. Well done.

That is sick man, it shows that if people revise for a subject in a short amount of time they can still do good, if not better than compared to people who revise for months and just get a B/C at the end of it. Although it isn't good to do this all the time nonetheless

ReputationRep:
    I took 233/300; B
    is it good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel Atieh)
    I took 233/300; B
    is it good?
    Good as good can be

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE)
    Good as good can be

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do u think i can hit the A in A-level chemistry? lol, btw what u got in AS?

ReputationRep:
    Do u think i can hit the A in A-level chemistry? lol, btw what u got in AS?
    Yeah, of course if you start early and well.

I did the worst in Chemistry AS, the weakest subject by our school.

But 3 As is still good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevsamuel)
    Yeah, I got a C in this unit too, but really unhappy with it, because it brought all my marks down, but I found the paper quite difficult anyway so I'm going to retake it next year

ReputationRep:
    Haha this page just came up on my home page.
    I got an A (83% in this paper) but my borderline E in unit 5 put me 3 marks off an A overall.... Awkward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlie_Ellie)
    Haha this page just came up on my home page.
    I got an A (83% in this paper) but my borderline E in unit 5 put me 3 marks off an A overall.... Awkward.
    Well done!
    I got 91 in unit 2 and 53 in unit 3, not so happy. :/
    Now am doing unit 4, is it much harder than unit 2? or only more stuff to study? tell me about it please...

ReputationRep:
    Well done!
    I got 91 in unit 2 and 53 in unit 3, not so happy. :/
    Now am doing unit 4, is it much harder than unit 2? or only more stuff to study? tell me about it please...
    Uni 4 i found really quite easy but it's quite maths and logic based. It's a lot different to the rest of the units it just kind of depends what suits you. I found it WAY easier than all the other units. It's much easier to get UMS marks on unit 4 than 5 because 5 is synoptic, so really try and get as high as you can in u4.
    If you do lots of practice with the calculation questions, you should be ok.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys does anyone know where to find/ or have CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY EDEXCEL UNIT 4 JUNE 2013 exam papers and mark schemes?? Been looking for them everywhere !! helppppp

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.