Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got allocated accommodation at Liberty Close which wasn't even in my list of 7 preferences even though I applied in March, is anyone else in this situation?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NewCeremony)
    Me
    Great, not the only one on here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tashdf)
    I got allocated accommodation at Liberty Close which wasn't even in my list of 7 preferences even though I applied in March, is anyone else in this situation?!
    I'm in the same situation, I don't know when they started allowing applications but I only heard about it around March.

From what I've seen online the accommodation still looks quite nice at Liberty close and still a good environment to make friends but the 25 minute walk to campus bothers me a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDH9)
    I'm in the same situation, I don't know when they started allowing applications but I only heard about it around March.

From what I've seen online the accommodation still looks quite nice at Liberty close and still a good environment to make friends but the 25 minute walk to campus bothers me a bit.
    Yep same, I'm not overly happy with the long walk to and from campus. I've heard that a lot of students take the university train to get to campus but I'm not too sure how far the station is from Liberty Close

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in the biosciences department?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helloyellowmello)
    Anyone in the biosciences department?
    I am! Studying Human Biology MSci What are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarkProbio)
    I am! Studying Human Biology MSci What are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm studying Human Biology Bsc!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Liberty Gardens which wasn't one of my top 7 either. The accommodation office said it is possible to swap if you can find someone to swap with. I want to be on Vale village if there is anyone who would like to swap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Just_Josephine)
    I'm in Liberty Gardens which wasn't one of my top 7 either. The accommodation office said it is possible to swap if you can find someone to swap with. I want to be on Vale village if there is anyone who would like to swap
    I've been put in liberty gardens at first I was passed but it doesn't seem too bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UMS)
    I've been put in liberty gardens at first I was passed but it doesn't seem too bad
    I'm in liberty gardens too it wasn't in my top 7 but i'm kinda starting to like it

ReputationRep:
    What societies is everyone joining?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in tennis courts b11 flat 62. I got my first choice accommodation but I was an unconditional student and we could reply early to accomm which may have something to do with your preferences? Setting up direct debit is really easy to do- takes about 15 mins however

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gar3th)
    I'm in tennis courts b11 flat 62. I got my first choice accommodation but I was an unconditional student and we could reply early to accomm which may have something to do with your preferences? Setting up direct debit is really easy to do- takes about 15 mins however
    Do you have to pay the 550 upfront or can you pay it in instalments?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ItsJustMe17)
    Do you have to pay the 550 upfront or can you pay it in instalments?
    The 550 HAS to be paid up front to secure your accommodation- and it has to be done within 3 days of receiving the offer of accomm! The rest of it can be paid upfront or through direct debit installments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gar3th)
    The 550 HAS to be paid up front to secure your accommodation- and it has to be done within 3 days of receiving the offer of accomm! The rest of it can be paid upfront or through direct debit installments.
    Thank you! Lol better do it then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvaLouise)
    Anybody doing Political Science at UoB? So nervous as I don't know anybody!
    Me too!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing History and German, anyone else?

Really hope that the accommodation hurries up, just want to find out what's happening with it now. Just hoping that I don't end up in a single sex flat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmonHen)
    I'm doing History and German, anyone else?

Really hope that the accommodation hurries up, just want to find out what's happening with it now. Just hoping that I don't end up in a single sex flat!
    I'm doing law and German. You're literally the first person I know doing German, with it without something else!

ReputationRep:
    I know this may sound silly but guys, do you think it matters if they don't have my middle name? It's not on my details bit on the registration.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello17)
    yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

cool i guess i'll see you there

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.