Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    7-5-4-1 vs 9-2-2-1

And Nadal is better for dominating just 1 major and 1 surface whereas Federer has dominated at 3 majors. And Nadal won't be playing at Federer's age. And nole is back so don't expect Nadal to win anything but the RG.
    I wouldn't be too upset if Nole wins US Open as I kinda Like him too and after disappointing results Nole deserves it . If Nole wins 1 more Wimby He will be the 2nd best Grass curter of the last 10 years. But I think he can end his career with 3 or 4 Wimbledon's.

ReputationRep:
    Lol at Federer retiring now

GOAT Sportsman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yennibubs)
    Rafa will only win RG tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    From Stan, Nole and Rafa whoever wins USO will have the best slam year. Most likely it will be Nole then Rafa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Lol at Federer retiring now

GOAT Sportsman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Guess it depends how long federer will go on for tbh.

Can't see him winning any more, whereas Nadal could catch up on French opens alone.

ReputationRep:
    Federer's return was so bad. Made Nole look like Isner. It's gonna take me for a while to get over the disappointment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Right now I WOULD chose Novaks years as the best of 2014 but if Nadal wins US open hes the best of 2014 so who ever wins US OPen from nole or Rafa is the best of 2014. Can Nole win USO?
    Inb4 Stan wins US 2014. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Can't see him winning any more, whereas Nadal could catch up on French opens alone.
    He needs to win another 4 RGs in that case which is very unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    From Stan, Nole and Rafa whoever wins USO will have the best slam year. Most likely it will be Nole then Rafa
    Stan is one slam wonder. It will probably be Novak-Rafa final with Djokovic winning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)
    Inb4 Stan wins US 2014. :laugh:
    He won't be the year end no.1 though.

Its 55% nole and 45% Rafa. This could actually be Noles second best season. Behind his legendary 2011 the greatest season I've ever seen.

ReputationRep:
    Stan is one slam wonder. It will probably be Novak-Rafa final with Djokovic winning.
    Yep and now Fed is new No.3 in the world?

ReputationRep:
    I said catch up so it's 3. He would be just turned 31, not that unrealistic.

ReputationRep:
    I said catch up so it's 3. He would be just turned 31, not that unrealistic.
    Apparently Nadal is set retire after Rio 2016.

ReputationRep:
    3 French Opens and 1 Non clay slam or 2 clay slams and 2 non clay slams. Ideally it would be Nice if he wins 1 more clay slam and the rest non clay .

ReputationRep:
    Federer's played an amazing tournament, I don't see why people think he should retire - even if he can't win another grand slam, why does that matter? He enjoys playing, and gives a good game, so that's what should matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Yep and now Fed is new No.3 in the world?
    Who cares?

ReputationRep:
    Think Fed said he'd retire after the 2016 Olympics? Or something like that at least.

Agassi can get to a final at 35; then Federer may be able to win something in that period. Not sure if Nadal will be around then and many people argue that he'll only be winning the RG. Djokovic will probs dominate a fair bit within the next few years but he won't catch up.

ReputationRep:
    What a brilliant Wimbledon final, kept me on the edge of my seat the entire 4 hours!
    You could tell in the lead up to it though that Federer was only going to win by a tie break because he was just that little bit behind, unfortunately it never got to a tie break in the final set.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Is Nadal still ranked #1?

GOAT Sportsman
    Not even sure if he's the GOAT active sportsman. Messi and Mayweather both up there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WannabeJudge)
    What a brilliant Wimbledon final, kept me on the edge of my seat the entire 4 hours!
    You could tell in the lead up to it though that Federer was only going to win by a tie break because he was just that little bit behind, unfortunately it never got to a tie break in the final set.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

It wouldn't go to tiebreak in the last set? Only the 2 games ahead thing isn't it?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.