Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For the Baker & McKenzie cover letter, did anyone include addresses and direct it towards the grad recruitment team?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unluckyinlaw1)
    Anyone done the Mishcon de Reya video interview before? What should I expect? First one I've ever done!
    It was probably the worst experience I have had but it totally depends on how confident you are with being recorded.
    I would say it is pretty general but you need to have a perfect understanding of the firm in order to be able to give a good answer within 1 min and also be able to think on your feet if something that you did not expect to answer comes up.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Had the interviews at Clifford Chance today, I think it went quite well but it's so hard to tell. Fingers crossed!

Just in case anybody else has had/is on an upcoming assessment day, graduate recruitment said they will be making offers w/c 2 February.

Onto Freshfields tomorrow, which I have heard is probably the hardest of the bunch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keep.on.smiling)
    Travers Smith interview
    congrats! i have one with them as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcrlawstudent)
    Had the interviews at Clifford Chance today, I think it went quite well but it's so hard to tell. Fingers crossed!

Just in case anybody else has had/is on an upcoming assessment day, graduate recruitment said they will be making offers w/c 2 February.

Onto Freshfields tomorrow, which I have heard is probably the hardest of the bunch.
    I've heard Freshfields isn't too bad. Good luck anyway bud

ReputationRep:
    Finally some news from Linklaters! Just got an email inviting me to their AC and to choose my time slot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZaraW)
    Finally some news from Linklaters! Just got an email inviting me to their AC and to choose my time slot
    Also have AC with links

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Defragmentation)
    I've heard Freshfields isn't too bad. Good luck anyway bud
    Cheers mate, will as usual be reporting in afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hugo grotius)
    I got an offer a few days ago
    Do you have any advice for the interview? I have one coming up soon. Much appreciated x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcrlawstudent)

Do you have any tips for it? I have my one for the first year scheme on Thursday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by footchemllab)
    Congrats! When is yours? Mine is a week today! I'm a bit nervous!
    Mine is two weeks today, good luck!

Surprised to see that they only take 10 per scheme, must be pretty competitive.

ReputationRep:
    I have heard nothing since completing a phone interview with a firm three weeks ago. They said they would respond 'within two weeks' - should I call them to enquire after the status of my application or would that seem too pushy?

ReputationRep:
    Heey what kind of competency questions did they ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liarpoker)
    Yeah I emailed HR. I finished the responses 100% only concern is that I may have been to quick to exit - Maybe I was required to complete some miscellaneous information/survey after the test.

It's just general competency question/Why Nabarro
    Hey if you dont mind me asking what competency question did they ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucilou101)
    Do you have any tips for it? I have my one for the first year scheme on Thursday
    Sure, the process may be slightly different for the first year scheme but...

I imagine they might use a different case study to the one we had but broadly it involved making a recommendation as to whether CC should take on a particular client. A lot of the scenario revolved around questionable activities the company was involved in - e.g. allegations that it had unfairly dismissed employees. I would say when considering issues always try to relate it back to the departments of CC and their international presence, as it is easy to get caught up in the factual details.

I feel like my 'competency' interview was quite different to most others on the AC (through speaking to them afterwards), I didn't actually get many competency questions at all. Remember that it's CV blind so you can lead the interview, but also remember that they don't know anything about you, so if you don't mention something really good about yourself, then they won't know. Really though, it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I certainly expected to be grilled more than I was.

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything from Addleshaw Goddard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aashma93)
    Hey if you dont mind me asking what competency question did they ask?
    I'm obviously not going to share what competency questions they asked - They ask questions from a bank, so questions will differ for diff candidates.

ReputationRep:
    • How long did it take for people to hear back from Shearman & Sterling post-interview? I was told they hope to finish screening next week and I should hear within 2 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied to K&L Gates? - Just been invited to an open day, and not sure if this counts as their assessment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liarpoker)
    Has anyone applied to K&L Gates? - Just been invited to an open day, and not sure if this counts as their assessment?
    I just got the same invite and was wondering the same thing. Mine's on Monday 9th, what about you?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.