Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cforcoldplay)
    Got an offer from Sheffield earlier this week, I'm soooooo over the moon my first choice from day one! Really hope everyone gets the uni they want or the next best one!

And congratulations to everyone with offers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congratulations!!

ReputationRep:
    Aww thank you!! I've still got two interviews to do; BCU next Friday and DMU after half term. Got an offer from Cardiff Met and psychology and language science from Reading so unsuccessful. But think I'll be making Cardiff Met my insurance.

What about you? Have you done all your interviews and got offers you want?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck with your remaining interviews - take it you are doing A levels at present so good luck for them too.

I should not really be on here as I applied last year and am now at MMU - but I think I am still emotionally scarred from going through this last year and I can't seem to leave lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrsrev)
    Heart-stopping moment today when my UCAS updated so soon after BCU interview (yesterday). I thought it was rejection and this is the one I really want. But... it was an offer from DMU. This was a surprise as we were told offers will be made in March but good as I've been waiting since December,

Hope everyone else waiting hears soon.
    Congratulation!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clivia)
    Well done for getting into Sheffield and hearing before everyone else, lucky you 😁 I'm still anxiously waiting to hear!

Thank you!! I was not expecting anything until March so I'm quite shocked!

I wish you all the best!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyPilot)
    Good luck with your remaining interviews - take it you are doing A levels at present so good luck for them too.

I should not really be on here as I applied last year and am now at MMU - but I think I am still emotionally scarred from going through this last year and I can't seem to leave lol.
    Thank you! I was starting to run low on motivation during my mocks but I'm definitely going to put the work in now need that AAB!

Ohh I see. Yes this whole process is such an emotional rollercoaster not to sound too cliché!

How are you finding the first year - what's the work load like? And are you enjoying it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shropshirelass51)
    Congratulations!!
    Thank you!!
    And I've just seen you got an unconditional offer from BCU - wow well done!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's strange. I assume any offers o recovered would be unconditional, as I already have my A levels, but my offer from Cardiff is only Conditional.
    Conditional on 3 things-
    1. I prove I have the qualifications I said I have
    2. I pass the occupational health screening
    3. I qualify for the NHS nursery etc

Is this standard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waddle_jl)
    It's strange. I assume any offers o recovered would be unconditional, as I already have my A levels, but my offer from Cardiff is only Conditional.
    Conditional on 3 things-

Is this standard?
    I am sure once you provide copies of your qualifications it will become unconditional - the things like DBS and health questionnaire only get done just before or as you start the course.

It's usual to provide your certificates - last year I had to supply all my gcse and AS levels as evidence of my grades as declared on UCAS even though my offer was still conditional on A level results.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I was starting to run low on motivation during my mocks but I'm definitely going to put the work in now need that AAB!

Ohh I see. Yes this whole process is such an emotional rollercoaster not to sound too cliché!

How are you finding the first year - what's the work load like? And are you enjoying it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You have something to aim for now - what subjects do you take? I did psychology sociology RS and English lit/lang and was aiming for ABB so slightly lower (oh what a cheat I am hehehe).

The rollercoaster will continue I am afraid - only its shifts to results day fears! Worth it in the end though so stay positive.

First year has been good so far - it takes some getting used to as Uni is very different from college (and it pushed me out of my comfort zone as I am quiet/shy). The course is very varied with the subjects you have to cover and being organised is very helpful. I am only doing 3 out of 4 SLT units this year as I am on the joint honours course Psychology and Speech Pathology. Not looking forward to March - so many deadlines coming up! And I am off to my second placement for 3 days next week at a high school eek! So it is busy busy busy but really interesting (more so than I was anticipating).

Hope you get more offers so you have a good choice! Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tcrj)
    Reading was my top choice, but then I got offered the alternative course. So now Marjons is my top choice choice. What about you?
    Ahh I see! In all honesty I have no idea where is my top choice I have a lot of thinking to do!

ReputationRep:
    I am sure once you provide copies of your qualifications it will become unconditional - the things like DBS and health questionnaire only get done just before or as you start the course.

It's usual to provide your certificates - last year I had to supply all my gcse and AS levels as evidence of my grades as declared on UCAS even though my offer was still conditional on A level results.
    I got told I had to give them proof of qualifications - so do I have to do this before results day when I get my alevels?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Higlet)
    I got told I had to give them proof of qualifications - so do I have to do this before results day when I get my alevels?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I emailed a scanned copy of my gcse and AS level certificates once I had firmed my choices - you don't need to worry about A level results as the uni are obviously given them through UCAS. Are you definitely considering MMU?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaylou12)
    It might be yes! What about you?
    Yes, it's my top choice, I'm pretty sure I will accept here

Then its good luck with the studying (there is always something else to start worrying about in this process isn't there???)! What exams are you taking?
    I know the pressure isn't off long. Im currently doing an access to HE science course, really enjoying it but it is very challenging!!

Got an offer from Sheffield earlier this week, I'm soooooo over the moon my first choice from day one! Really hope everyone gets the uni they want or the next best one!

And congratulations to everyone with offers!
    Congratulations!

(Original post by soufflekitty)
    I got an offer from Marjon
    Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    I emailed a scanned copy of my gcse and AS level certificates once I had firmed my choices - you don't need to worry about A level results as the uni are obviously given them through UCAS. Are you definitely considering MMU?
    Yeah it's a definite option if Leeds don't reply. I need to start making a decision as I have to start applying for student finance soon!
    By the way, when applying for the NHS bursary, do you do that once you have got an unconditional on results day or do you have to apply before hand?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Higlet)
    Yeah it's a definite option if Leeds don't reply. I need to start making a decision as I have to start applying for student finance soon!
    By the way, when applying for the NHS bursary, do you do that once you have got an unconditional on results day or do you have to apply before hand?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You can apply whilst your offer is conditional.

I didn't do finance or bursary until I had firmed my choices - also you will need your parent(s) year end salary figures so you can't do NHS bursary until April anyway. The student finance bit was easy - no evidence required other than your bursary entitlement which you can send to them after (as you are only entitled to a reduced loan of about £2300ish) - NHS bursary involves more paperwork/evidence. Yet another thing to get sorted - gosh it really is all go in Y13 isn't it lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waddle_jl)
    Conditional on 3 things-

Is this standard?

I already have a degree and wasn't even given an offer until I verified my qualifications. Although my offer is unconditional, it is still subject to health screening and DBS clearing, so yes I think your offer is pretty standard, but I guess the nursery is due to individual circumstances. Whether it says unconditional or conditional doesn't really make any difference.

ReputationRep:
    You have something to aim for now - what subjects do you take? I did psychology sociology RS and English lit/lang and was aiming for ABB so slightly lower (oh what a cheat I am hehehe).

The rollercoaster will continue I am afraid - only its shifts to results day fears! Worth it in the end though so stay positive.

First year has been good so far - it takes some getting used to as Uni is very different from college (and it pushed me out of my comfort zone as I am quiet/shy). The course is very varied with the subjects you have to cover and being organised is very helpful. I am only doing 3 out of 4 SLT units this year as I am on the joint honours course Psychology and Speech Pathology. Not looking forward to March - so many deadlines coming up! And I am off to my second placement for 3 days next week at a high school eek! So it is busy busy busy but really interesting (more so than I was anticipating).

Hope you get more offers so you have a good choice! Good luck.
    I'm taking psychology, biology and French. Really going to have to push myself for biology as I find it to be the most challenging of the 3. Oh yes, there's going to be exam nerves and anxiety up until results day. Really not looking forward to that! But I will definitely give it my best.

Your course sounds really exciting and varied as its a joint honours. And I'm also looking forward to all the different work placements particularly the ones at schools/nurseries as I would like to work in the paediatric sector.

Thank you very much for the wishes and I hope you meet all your deadlines and best of luck for the rest of the year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You can apply whilst your offer is conditional.

I didn't do finance or bursary until I had firmed my choices - also you will need your parent(s) year end salary figures so you can't do NHS bursary until April anyway. The student finance bit was easy - no evidence required other than your bursary entitlement which you can send to them after (as you are only entitled to a reduced loan of about £2300ish) - NHS bursary involves more paperwork/evidence. Yet another thing to get sorted - gosh it really is all go in Y13 isn't it lol
    Ahh ok thank you!!
    I feel like it's a never ending task to get to uni sometimes! Hopefully it'll all be worth it in the end. There's so much required before you get there though, as if A levels aren't enough on their own!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well done on those who've received offers!! The waiting's driving me crazy especially as I've been rejected by two choices

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking psychology, biology and French. Really going to have to push myself for biology as I find it to be the most challenging of the 3. Oh yes, there's going to be exam nerves and anxiety up until results day. Really not looking forward to that! But I will definitely give it my best.

Your course sounds really exciting and varied as its a joint honours. And I'm also looking forward to all the different work placements particularly the ones at schools/nurseries as I would like to work in the paediatric sector.

Thank you very much for the wishes and I hope you meet all your deadlines and best of luck for the rest of the year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck with biology I know a few people who struggled with it last year - but sure you will be fine (and it will be useful - my first biological science lesson at uni terrified me - done no science since GCSE! But its ok now I have got over the shock lol).

I have no idea which client group I want to work with yet but there is plenty of time - I know a lot of people change their mind as they go through the course.

Thanks for the best wishes and I hope I meet the deadlines too - atleast I was warned that Feb/March is a manic time at MMU (don't know what its like elsewhere obviously).

Will keep my eye on everyone's progress

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.