The Uni Study Thread Mark IV Watch

jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks for the encouragement. Got a rather bad intro done but that can always be edited later once I know what I've fitted in.
Serentonin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by snailsareslimy)
The last month has been actually amazing. Serious amount of crazy feelings going on here.

Kind of can't believe this is real life.
Ahhhhh :woo: i take it its going well then? I'm so happy for you
Slowbro93
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Serentonin)
Ahhhhh :woo: i take it its going well then? I'm so happy for you
Loving the new sig :ahee: Got accomodation sorted?
Serentonin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Slowbro93)
Loving the new sig :ahee: Got accomodation sorted?
Love yours! :suith: No, not got anything sorted yet haha, honestly kinda too scared too until I get my provisional results for my research project :erm: You done yours?
MathsNerd1
  • Study Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm going to fail my exams this year, I've still not started revising :/
Slowbro93
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Serentonin)
Love yours! :suith: No, not got anything sorted yet haha, honestly kinda too scared too until I get my provisional results for my research project :erm: You done yours?
:hugs: when do you get those? And are you in that "I need a small mark for a first this year" position?

Also, what does your project consist of? :ahee:

How's the love life going?

(Original post by MathsNerd1)
I'm going to fail my exams this year, I've still not started revising :/
:hugs: You can do this! What are you worried about in particular? When do exams start?
MathsNerd1
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
:hugs: when do you get those? And are you in that "I need a small mark for a first this year" position?

Also, what does your project consist of? :ahee:

How's the love life going?

:hugs: You can do this! What are you worried about in particular? When do exams start?
I've not done any revision since December, that's the worst part, plus I have a horrible exam timetable, such as 20,21,22 all 9 am exams, then 26, 27 9 am too and 2nd of June to finish it all off

I've been so so so so busy this term
Slowbro93
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MathsNerd1)
I've not done any revision since December, that's the worst part, plus I have a horrible exam timetable, such as 20,21,22 all 9 am exams, then 26, 27 9 am too and 2nd of June to finish it all off

I've been so so so so busy this term
All I can advise is make use of the time that you have now and think of it as a challenge that you can tackle! I know you have it in you to do it and you can do this!
MathsNerd1
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
All I can advise is make use of the time that you have now and think of it as a challenge that you can tackle! I know you have it in you to do it and you can do this!
I've still got so many other things to do though, it's like all my time and days are being filled up
jelly1000
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Stressed doesn't even begin to cover it. I've got a group presentation tomorrow and my part of it was awful and I don't really know how to make it better. I've got a policy briefing due Thursday which again I'm not entirely happy with and two essays due next week, I've just started struggling through the first one.
paniking_and_not_revising
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've got just under 7 weeks to finish my coursework and all my modules are courseworks so I'm freaking out.

And I'm freaking out about graduating. When does everyone have their graduation ceremony? Mine is like a week after finding out my results in July
venuswaltz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by paniking_and_not_revising)
I've got just under 7 weeks to finish my coursework and all my modules are courseworks so I'm freaking out.

And I'm freaking out about graduating. When does everyone have their graduation ceremony? Mine is like a week after finding out my results in July
Mine's on the 15th July :eek: I'm so worried about getting there on time and what to wear etc etc
sliceofcake
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

(Original post by venuswaltz)
Mine's on the 15th July :eek: I'm so worried about getting there on time and what to wear etc etc
Mine is the 14th July... I don't know when we'll be getting results, my university don't tell us stuff like that! We get them when they want to give them :I
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by venuswaltz)
Mine's 14th I think. That seemed kind of close to me. I think I'm going to go shopping after my coursework's handed in. I'm thinking skirt and blouse but my father's religious. And don't want to wear a really long dress because we have to climb up either a huge hill or loads of stairs to get to the cathedral.

(Original post by sliceofcake)
Mine is the 14th July... I don't know when we'll be getting results, my university don't tell us stuff like that! We get them when they want to give them :I
Can't you ask a tutor if they know when the Board approves the results? Someone has to know! Results usually get released like the day or two after I think for my uni so I'm assuming it's the same for other unis.
arguendo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That moment when you're referencing your essay that's due in 12 hours and find out by sheer chance that actually, there has been an enormous development and you have to rewrite it

FML

Posted from TSR Mobile
sliceofcake
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mine's 14th I think. That seemed kind of close to me. I think I'm going to go shopping after my coursework's handed in. I'm thinking skirt and blouse but my father's religious. And don't want to wear a really long dress because we have to climb up either a huge hill or loads of stairs to get to the cathedral.

Can't you ask a tutor if they know when the Board approves the results? Someone has to know! Results usually get released like the day or two after I think for my uni so I'm assuming it's the same for other unis.
They don't know the exact dates until much closer to the time - "June" is as much information as they'll give. Also, my department's administration is terrible, they'll sit on the results for ages for god knows what reason. I just know my exam is 19th May, graduation is 14th July. I'll get them some time in between, while I'm relaxing/job hunting
codle
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello :-)

I've rejoined TSR recently after a long time away from it... And I remembered using this thread in the past to make myself do stuff, so here I am again...

I've nearly finished third year! Dissertation went in before Easter, lectures have finished... I have an essay and a creative piece to write over the rest of the holiday, and a group presentation to prepare for. Just have to sit down and get this stuff done now...

Posted from TSR Mobile
sliceofcake
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How is it so difficult to pick a title for your dissertation?? Every example I see uses colons ('Something Witty: Here is the actual subject of the dissertation'). I feel like mine is lame without it, but I can't think of a suitable one... I think I'm starting to concern myself with all of the little details the more nervous I become about it. Even the binding is concerning me, the guide says 'soft binding' but the printing services offer 2 different kinds and I thought it was one particular kind but I think it's more common in general for dissertations to be bound in the other. I don't know if it matters and I don't want to email admin with such a silly question!
Blah.
I'm struggling to write my conclusive chapter.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sliceofcake)
They don't know the exact dates until much closer to the time - "June" is as much information as they'll give. Also, my department's administration is terrible, they'll sit on the results for ages for god knows what reason. I just know my exam is 19th May, graduation is 14th July. I'll get them some time in between, while I'm relaxing/job hunting
Yeah my uni is awful with communication so the different departments always give different information.
DasSnipez
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Found out yesterday that the mock viva is next week, real one the week after and the hand in the week after that.

Oh god I'm so not ready for this :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Just in case anyone would care to experience the inside of my brain right now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqg3l3r_DRI
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (362)
37.44%
No - but I will (74)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (67)
6.93%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (464)
47.98%

Watched Threads