Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone been allocated Collingwood and are you gonna go to the residential days? Also anyone doing Philos and psychology? X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennifer_susan97)
    I got an offer for Philosophy and Psychology (AAA) 😄
    That helps relieve the pain of being rejected from Oxford slightly
    Got the same! Which college?

ReputationRep:
    When everyone is being allocated colleges and you're just sitting there like "yep, still waiting for a decision"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMer)
    I applied for history on the 21st of October. I know Durham are notoriously late but is anyone else in the same position?
    yes im in this position! so frustrating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PunkyCupcake)
    I got an offer for International Relations a week and a half ago, which is similar, but I know other people who are waiting for the Government dept

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah okay is Durham your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Butler and have been allocated to St Mary's which I personally didn't like at all, so much so that I don't think I will consider Durham any more... hopefully there is some way of changing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzaion)
    When everyone is being allocated colleges and you're just sitting there like "yep, still waiting for a decision"
    Me too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamieOH)
    I applied for Butler and have been allocated to St Mary's which I personally didn't like at all, so much so that I don't think I will consider Durham any more... hopefully there is some way of changing.
    Had you already firmed them? I'm still waiting for allocation but honestly it's the same quality of education no matter where you live - and most people move out in 2nd year anyway

ReputationRep:
    Didn't get first choice. Allocated to Trevelyan. Looks quite nice.

ReputationRep:
    I just go allocated to Grey's, and I'm a bit iffy about it
    Who knows much about it/put it as their first choice??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scratchedpaw)
    Had you already firmed them? I'm still waiting for allocation but honestly it's the same quality of education no matter where you live - and most people move out in 2nd year anyway
    I had not firmed them, no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamieOH)
    Good lord that's horrific, I have also applied for butler but don't think I've been allocated yet. Being allocated St mary's would make me cry, it was such an off putting college when i visited!

ReputationRep:
    I firmed Durham on the 30th of Dec without really thinking there was a risk of being allocated a college I'd dislike after being told repeatedly at the open day that if you state a preferred college you have a high chance of getting in.

Now i'm terrified of being allocated somewhere I'd hate and not being able to do a thing about it arghh

ReputationRep:
    I got allocated to Hild Bede. Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer for Bsc Mathematics and allocated to University College. Anyone else same course/college? 😊

ReputationRep:
    Very dumb question, but how do you know about your College?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EllenH27)
    I have an offer for Bsc Mathematics and allocated to University College. Anyone else same course/college? 😊
    I'm MMaths but am waiting for allocation, had an offer since mid January and preference college is Hatfield

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophie1998)
    yes im in this position! so frustrating
    Especially now colleges are being allocated, feel like we're in such a disadvantaged position!

ReputationRep:
    My son's been allocated to Grey and isn't very happy, can he ask to be re-allocated?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NimbleNeil)
    Good lord that's horrific, I have also applied for butler but don't think I've been allocated yet. Being allocated St mary's would make me cry, it was such an off putting college when i visited!
    It really is. I could have cried. St Mary's is so depressing.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.