Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Don't forget Benzema, Mexes, Lloris, Sissoko, Cabaye, M'Vila, Perrain, Matuidi, Schneiderlin, Varane, Mangala, Kondogbia, Cabella & Valbuena.

Must be easy being a tabloid journalist. Slow news day at work? Just get the French national team squad up on a spreadsheet, pick a random player and say he wants a ''dream move'' to Arsenal.

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Then again there was Griezeman and Remy and we signed neither.
    Yeah dunno why tbh. Griezmann would've been a perfect fit but I think he would've chose Atléti over you anyway. Remy was a strange one in all honesty. Lacazette signing would make perfect sense, I'd be **** scared if you got him.

ReputationRep:
    Tbf, Griezmann is a forward who plays from the left - pretty similar to Sanchez so it's not an issue that we missed out on him. If we didn't get Sanchez I would be saying otherwise though, I liked him

ReputationRep:
    COYG

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I've read somewhere that he doesn't fancy the Premier League.

Barca have a transfer ban and the only way he'll go to Real is if they sell someone, most likely Bale. Even Ronaldo could be at risk now he's turned 30, Real have previous for doing this. Our chairman would be the only one stupid enough to spend £60m on him as well.

It's not inconceivable to suggest that he stays at Dortmund for another year. They won't get relegated.
    "Not inconceivable" is probably an understatement considering there's absolutely nothing to suggest that he plans on leaving at the moment. Even last summer there was no reliable source reporting that he was keen on making use of his release clause, in fact the most reliable source for German football reported that he'd want to stay at BVB or join Bayern if he couldn't agree terms with the club. This Reus transfer obsession was started by non-German tabloids and then fuelled by Bayern people; no reliable insider source actually got involved. Now he extended his contract by two years while giving Dortmund all the negotiationg power, why people still don't see that as a hint, for now, is a bit baffling.

Of course it's possible and/or likely that he'll leave before 2019. But everything else is hypothetical. Is there a secret agreement with BVB and Real that goes back to the Sahin deal and allows him to leave? Has he only renewed because Bayern opted against going for him this summer? All possible scenarios (and ones that make more sense to me than linking him to Arsenal based on a four-year-old Arsenal-related quote, even if I'd prefer him joining Arsenal over Bayern/Real any day of the week), but that's nothing but speculation at this point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qua)
    "Not inconceivable" is probably an understatement considering there's absolutely nothing to suggest that he plans on leaving at the moment. Even last summer there was no reliable source reporting that he was keen on making use of his release clause, in fact the most reliable source for German football reported that he'd want to stay at BVB or join Bayern if he couldn't agree terms with the club. This Reus transfer obsession was started by non-German tabloids and then fuelled by Bayern people; no reliable insider source actually got involved. Now he extended his contract by two years while giving Dortmund all the negotiationg power, why people still don't see that as a hint, for now, is a bit baffling.

Of course it's possible and/or likely that he'll leave before 2019. But everything else is hypothetical. Is there a secret agreement with BVB and Real that goes back to the Sahin deal and allows him to leave? Has he only renewed because Bayern opted against going for him this summer? All possible scenarios (and ones that make more sense to me than linking him to Arsenal based on a four-year-old Arsenal-related quote, even if I'd prefer him joining Arsenal over Bayern/Real any day of the week), but that's nothing but speculation at this point.

Is he enough of a **** to join Bayern? Does he have that in him? It would just look very wrong to me, like vomit worthy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Is he enough of a **** to join Bayern? Does he have that in him? It would just look very wrong to me, like vomit worthy.
    I'd like to think he has more class than that.

ReputationRep:
    I was just quoting what Bayern fans have made of the renewal; point being that there are loads of ways to interpret his renewal as something else than a temporary commiment to BVB and they all make some sense, but there's zero indication right now that any of these possibilities is true, so might as well close the Reus chapter for the time being and assume he's staying.

Personally I think it's more likely that he rejected Bayern and they started the narrative about not going for him to save their faces after Rummenigge's BS all season,or I'd like to think so :moon: And agreed, would be more difficult to stomach than Mario's move.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qua)
    I was just quoting what Bayern fans have made of the renewal; point being that there are loads of ways to interpret his renewal as something else than a temporary commiment to BVB and they all make some sense, but there's zero indication right now that any of these possibilities is true, so might as well close the Reus chapter for the time being and assume he's staying.

Personally I think it's more likely that he rejected Bayern and they started the narrative about not going for him to save their faces after Rummenigge's BS all season,or I'd like to think so :moon: And agreed, would be more difficult to stomach than Mario's move.
    I always knew Mario was a whore, he is a Bavarian (born in Memmingen) and he just looks like a slut. Reus is like a pure flake cocaine, Dortmund born and Dortmund's son, whereas Mario is sort of cut up due to his degenerative style.

Actually I retract that statement, coming to think about it mario may be in a different category of drugs altogether, a kind of ecstacy in the footballing community. There is this kind of gay way around him that makes you feel... lurved. :love: A sense of euphoria and fluffy smoothness.

Spoiler:
    Show
    But, regrettably, mainly a massive whore above all because he is all for rent.

ReputationRep:
    I thought he renewed to remove that silly 35 million euro release clause. It'd leave a pleasant taste in my mouth if the renewal was with the ambition of staying at the club, especially with the position they're in now. Nothing better than seeing some real loyalty, especially with football the way it is today. ****ing Super Agents like Jorge Mendes phoning Ed Woodward up every Friday night demanding Falcao to be in the starting line-up.

ReputationRep:
    £50m for a 28 year old that is heading ever so near to being over the hill. OK den.

Cavani rumours are just ****ing silly. Seriously, they make me ****ing angry. Just pure desperation. Another Falcrap, except, we'll have to pay a bigass transfer fee.

Watch him choke tonight, again.
    You were saying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelfox)
    You were saying?
    Lol it's just one goal.
    Torres' goals v Man City and Barcelona plus the Europa League final didn't stop him being a "flop" at Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    It is his 6th goal in their 7 CL games so far though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Lol it's just one goal.
    Torres' goals v Man City and Barcelona plus the Europa League final didn't stop him being a "flop" at Chelsea.
    Note he said he'd choke tonight.

Cesc is the choker here, no surprise though, it is this time of the year again.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt his actual transfer value will be 50m anyway. Why listen to the daily mail ffs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also yes despite his goal cavani has missed a few chances to score tonight

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelfox)
    You were saying?

And then he missed two game winning chances. Typical Cavani, takes 3 games of trying to score once against them then ****s up when they could have won the game. If he was world class, both chances would have been buried in the net like my **** in Zurich's arse.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    So what I'm hearing is essentially...Cavani isn't really an upgrade on Giroud tbh. He's just a name, I can agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    So what I'm hearing is essentially...Cavani isn't really an upgrade on Giroud tbh. He's just a name, I can agree.
    Dunno why people hate on Giroud so much. He's pretty effective. Maybe they don't like the thongs he models?

Zlatan would be a great upgrade though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Giroud this season has been magnifique. Buried a chance against United first time whilst the ball was in an awkward position. Buried a header like a predator past a helpless Hart to seal the deal against City. Previous game against Boro, both great movement, anticipation, opportunism and technique. He's developed that part of his game to be a sneaky fox in the box. Would not trust him with my wife, but I would trust him to stick a few goals in for us against the big boys these days.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.