The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1800
Original post by Tom_Ford
Is he enough of a dick to join Bayern? Does he have that in him? It would just look very wrong to me, like vomit worthy.

I'd like to think he has more class than that.
Reply 1801
Is he enough of a dick to join Bayern? Does he have that in him? It would just look very wrong to me, like vomit worthy.

I was just quoting what Bayern fans have made of the renewal; point being that there are loads of ways to interpret his renewal as something else than a temporary commiment to BVB and they all make some sense, but there's zero indication right now that any of these possibilities is true, so might as well close the Reus chapter for the time being and assume he's staying.

Personally I think it's more likely that he rejected Bayern and they started the narrative about not going for him to save their faces after Rummenigge's BS all season,or I'd like to think so :moon: And agreed, would be more difficult to stomach than Mario's move.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by qua
I was just quoting what Bayern fans have made of the renewal; point being that there are loads of ways to interpret his renewal as something else than a temporary commiment to BVB and they all make some sense, but there's zero indication right now that any of these possibilities is true, so might as well close the Reus chapter for the time being and assume he's staying.

Personally I think it's more likely that he rejected Bayern and they started the narrative about not going for him to save their faces after Rummenigge's BS all season,or I'd like to think so :moon: And agreed, would be more difficult to stomach than Mario's move.

I always knew Mario was a whore, he is a Bavarian (born in Memmingen) and he just looks like a slut. Reus is like a pure flake cocaine, Dortmund born and Dortmund's son, whereas Mario is sort of cut up due to his degenerative style.

Actually I retract that statement, coming to think about it mario may be in a different category of drugs altogether, a kind of ecstacy in the footballing community. There is this kind of gay way around him that makes you feel... lurved. :love: A sense of euphoria and fluffy smoothness.

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
I thought he renewed to remove that silly 35 million euro release clause. It'd leave a pleasant taste in my mouth if the renewal was with the ambition of staying at the club, especially with the position they're in now. Nothing better than seeing some real loyalty, especially with football the way it is today. ****ing Super Agents like Jorge Mendes phoning Ed Woodward up every Friday night demanding Falcao to be in the starting line-up.
£50m for a 28 year old that is heading ever so near to being over the hill. OK den.

Cavani rumours are just ****ing silly. Seriously, they make me ****ing angry. Just pure desperation. Another Falcrap, except, we'll have to pay a bigass transfer fee.

Watch him choke tonight, again.

You were saying?
Original post by angelfox
You were saying?

Lol it's just one goal.
Torres' goals v Man City and Barcelona plus the Europa League final didn't stop him being a "flop" at Chelsea.
It is his 6th goal in their 7 CL games so far though.
Original post by shawn_o1
Lol it's just one goal.
Torres' goals v Man City and Barcelona plus the Europa League final didn't stop him being a "flop" at Chelsea.

Note he said he'd choke tonight.

Cesc is the choker here, no surprise though, it is this time of the year again.
I doubt his actual transfer value will be 50m anyway. Why listen to the daily mail ffs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also yes despite his goal cavani has missed a few chances to score tonight

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by angelfox
You were saying?

And then he missed two game winning chances. Typical Cavani, takes 3 games of trying to score once against them then ****s up when they could have won the game. If he was world class, both chances would have been buried in the net like my cock in Zurich's arse.
So what I'm hearing is essentially...Cavani isn't really an upgrade on Giroud tbh. He's just a name, I can agree.
Reply 1812
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
So what I'm hearing is essentially...Cavani isn't really an upgrade on Giroud tbh. He's just a name, I can agree.

Dunno why people hate on Giroud so much. He's pretty effective. Maybe they don't like the thongs he models?

Zlatan would be a great upgrade though.

Giroud this season has been magnifique. Buried a chance against United first time whilst the ball was in an awkward position. Buried a header like a predator past a helpless Hart to seal the deal against City. Previous game against Boro, both great movement, anticipation, opportunism and technique. He's developed that part of his game to be a sneaky fox in the box. Would not trust him with my wife, but I would trust him to stick a few goals in for us against the big boys these days.
And then he missed two game winning chances. Typical Cavani, takes 3 games of trying to score once against them then ****s up when they could have won the game. If he was world class, both chances would have been buried in the net like my cock in Zurich's arse.

Cavani was trying to fly kick the wasp near his head

I have never really wanted Cavani due to his inflated price tag. PSG would want 50 million for him, and I wouldn't pay more than 35 million, although he definitely is talented. I could see Utd going in for him as I reckon he is the type of player they wanted Falcao to be.

In other news, Chelsea fluked a draw with PSG. Typical performance, and they will win at home, so good for them. Surprised Munich didn't score against Shakhtar though.
Original post by samba
Dunno why people hate on Giroud so much. He's pretty effective. Maybe they don't like the thongs he models?

Zlatan would be a great upgrade though.

I've said this time over time, Giroud is a fantastic forward. Good aerial presence, finishes well when in form, looks a threat and offers so much, namely assists too.
He's a fine fine striker, I hope he continues to develop into something great at Arsenal. That's not me saying he shouldn't be helped by another above par striker though.

Yeah his good looks do get him haters I guess :tongue:

Giroud this season has been magnifique. Buried a chance against United first time whilst the ball was in an awkward position. Buried a header like a predator past a helpless Hart to seal the deal against City. Previous game against Boro, both great movement, anticipation, opportunism and technique. He's developed that part of his game to be a sneaky fox in the box. Would not trust him with my wife, but I would trust him to stick a few goals in for us against the big boys these days.

Exactly. When he starts he's a threat, when he comes off the bench he's a game changer. Giroud has done me so proud over these past few seasons. His stats are pretty good as well, I've always believed in this guy and it's paying off. Just hope it's up and above from here.

With Giroud you see, when he gets the ball there's that slight bit of confidence he can do something with it. Welbeck however...there isn't that same feeling and that's really saying something. Hope Welbs finds his form.

Original post by Arkasia
I have never really wanted Cavani due to his inflated price tag. PSG would want 50 million for him, and I wouldn't pay more than 35 million, although he definitely is talented. I could see Utd going in for him as I reckon he is the type of player they wanted Falcao to be.

In other news, Chelsea fluked a draw with PSG. Typical performance, and they will win at home, so good for them. Surprised Munich didn't score against Shakhtar though.

Chelsea PSG match was so stinking predictable. Wouldn't have bat an eyelid if someone bet their house on it.

Cavani's just a more famous, long haired, exotic named Giroud. Good striker by all means don't get me wrong but like you said, wouldn't break the bank for him.

Chelsea PSG match was so stinking predictable. Wouldn't have bat an eyelid if someone bet their house on it.

Cavani's just a more famous, long haired, exotic named Giroud. Good striker by all means don't get me wrong but like you said, wouldn't break the bank for him.

It will be predictable at Stamford Bridge as well. Score a header in the first 15 minutes from a set piece, sit back, PSG equalize in the second half, Chelsea score on the counter in the 80+ minute, go through.

Don't get me wrong, Cavani is an adonis-like figure of almost greek-like perfection, but he is nowhere near worth the price required (which is why Utd will probably buy him).
I've said this time over time, Giroud is a fantastic forward. Good aerial presence, finishes well when in form, looks a threat and offers so much, namely assists too.
He's a fine fine striker, I hope he continues to develop into something great at Arsenal. That's not me saying he shouldn't be helped by another above par striker though.

Yeah his good looks do get him haters I guess :tongue:

I think "fine" and "fantastic" are a bit of a stretch. He's a good player, but lacks, I'm sorry to say, the quality to be top-drawer. It depends on the team really, i guess Arsenal can get away with it because you're a team set up to use him as a focal point to bring others into play rather than the product of the theory so to speak. There's better though, Mandzukic for example is far far better than him. I don't think you really need a great striker, you have enough goal-scoring midfielders and it's only really in the big games you've struggled for goals, and as the game against City has shown you're better off getting them via set pieces or counter attacks, which an elite forward isn't really necessary for regardless.

As for his looks, well he's not even good looking. Ramsey and Gibbs are both far better from your team...
Original post by Arkasia
It will be predictable at Stamford Bridge as well. Score a header in the first 15 minutes from a set piece, sit back, PSG equalize in the second half, Chelsea score on the counter in the 80+ minute, go through.

Don't get me wrong, Cavani is an adonis-like figure of almost greek-like perfection, but he is nowhere near worth the price required (which is why Utd will probably buy him).

Totally agree lmao! I was going to rep you but I can't...clearly I'm obsessed with repping you. So I hereby take the credit for your long rep chain :colone:
Cavan at United doesn't feel quite right to me imo, don't know why. Meh he looks like Falcao so they might as well see if he can do better than him haha.

Original post by LoTelli
I think "fine" and "fantastic" are a bit of a stretch. He's a good player, but lacks, I'm sorry to say, the quality to be top-drawer. It depends on the team really, i guess Arsenal can get away with it because you're a team set up to use him as a focal point to bring others into play rather than the product of the theory so to speak. There's better though, Mandzukic for example is far far better than him. I don't think you really need a great striker, you have enough goal-scoring midfielders and it's only really in the big games you've struggled for goals, and as the game against City has shown you're better off getting them via set pieces or counter attacks, which an elite forward isn't really necessary for regardless.

As for his looks, well he's not even good looking. Ramsey and Gibbs are both far better from your team...

Good post :smile:

No I think he deserved to be described in that way, he's been scrutinised way too often and it's a little unfair on his part. Especially when the pressures were so high at one point. Other teams had 2 or 3 decent strikers to share the workload whereas we only had 1 primarily and he dealt with that pretty well and he's hardly had any injuries during the time we needed him most. I'd love to see an upper tier striker if you like join him, you know the likes of Benzema, Ibra etc but it's not a necessity like you said as we've got plenty of goal scoring mid fielders to our availability.

Gibbs? He's cute but he's not a Giroud. Yeah Ramsey's bae.

Latest