This discussion is closed.
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
Haha, I'll happily take my rep which I've earnt with my 1100 welcomes over the last week! Get your hands off!
Welcomes?
Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Haha, fair enough yeh - once I get the prize rep, I'll still need a good 700 points to my 8th gem... There's something quite nice about seeing 7 gems by my name!
Well, I can ask JLP if you want.

(Original post by The Financier)
If neither of you want them, I'd happily take the rep off your hands if I must
I think you have to welcome some poor, unsuspecting newbies for that.

I know it's a shame!
Aye... it's nice when we can just have fun in here rather than being at each other's throats.
Kittiara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by James Milibanter)
Welcomes?
We're both in the welcome squad. If you welcome 100 newbies per month you get a free sub.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Welcomes?
I'm part of the highly esteemed Welcome Squad who welcome newbies to the forum!

(Original post by Kittiara)
Well, I can ask JLP if you want.
I couldn't - you definitely deserve it for your valiant efforts - if you want to persuade him to give us each another couple gems each though, I wouldn't mind...
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
We're both in the welcome squad. If you welcome 100 newbies per month you get a free sub.
Ahh okay, I have never really left the debate forums
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Welcomes?
And sometimes we have big competitions where I get really competitive to win! Prizes have included cinema tickets, rep, chocolate, and some other things which I don't know... these are just things that I've won in the past!
Kittiara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

I couldn't - you definitely deserve it for your valiant efforts - if you want to persuade him to give us each another couple gems each though, I wouldn't mind...
You mean my crazy efforts, welcoming newbies with a broken finger? And sorry, I don't think my influence extends that far.
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
And sometimes we have big competitions where I get really competitive to win! Prizes have included cinema tickets, rep, chocolate, and some other things which I don't know... these are just things that I've won in the past!
ooooooooooooh, I am becoming further and further intrigued, however I am tired which means it's a glass of wine, a fag and then bed. Night Mobbster, night Kit.
Kittiara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah, James, don't even bother with those. Mobbsy always wins. :laugh:
Kittiara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
ooooooooooooh, I am becoming further and further intrigued, however I am tired which means it's a glass of wine, a fag and then bed. Night Mobbster, night Kit.
Night night James, sleep well.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You mean my crazy efforts, welcoming newbies with a broken finger? And sorry, I don't think my influence extends that far.
Haha, fair enough

Night!

Yeah, James, don't even bother with those. Mobbsy always wins. :laugh:
I did have to withdraw myself from a few competitions - but chocolate was too tempting!
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Night night James, sleep well.
haha, I forgot to mention my nightly helping of the Pogues, night.
Kittiara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

I did have to withdraw myself from a few competitions - but chocolate was too tempting!
That is nice of you to have done that. Really, though, if you win, you win. You put the effort in.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That is nice of you to have done that. Really, though, if you win, you win. You put the effort in.
Haha, it was getting a bit ridiculous, and probably bad for the WS morale and I could sense others getting a bit pissed off with me lol, which is why there was a few months when I wasn't on leaderboards either...
Kittiara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Haha, it was getting a bit ridiculous, and probably bad for the WS morale and I could sense others getting a bit pissed off with me lol, which is why there was a few months when I wasn't on leaderboards either...
Yeah, I did that in the unanswered threads competition. I'd keep skipping days to let other people win. People were a bit ticked off as it was already.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah, I did that in the unanswered threads competition. I'd keep skipping days to let other people win. People were a bit ticked off as it was already.
The thing is, there was a period where I'd do a lot, and then people would get pissed off with me for not leaving them for others. Then the following week, I did nothing, and then it'd be about 90-95% unanswered... so I couldn't really win lol!
Kittiara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The thing is, there was a period where I'd do a lot, and then people would get pissed off with me for not leaving them for others. Then the following week, I did nothing, and then it'd be about 90-95% unanswered... so I couldn't really win lol!
:laugh: You'd always see. And I just happened to pick the one competition you were interested in as well. Least a lot of new members got welcomed!
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
:laugh: You'd always see. And I just happened to pick the one competition you were interested in as well. Least a lot of new members got welcomed!
Haha, yes, very true!
Kittiara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Haha, yes, very true!
If the next prize is either fluffy socks, a cuddly toy or a hoodie, you'll have to keep on checking my stats again.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If the next prize is either fluffy socks, a cuddly toy or a hoodie, you'll have to keep on checking my stats again.
If the next prize is any of those and rep is also at stake, I'm sure we can do a deal
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (1)
12.5%
No (7)
87.5%

Watched Threads