Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jodiek28)
    Thank you to all those who replied to my message. I will keep calm and try my hardest to get a place. This is all I've ever wanted to do x
    You will be fine. Sounds like you'll have so much knowledge going into this interview and use that for confidence. They're obviously interested because they want to see you, show them how right they were! They do take into account how nervous you are. I had an interview Monday and I shook with nerves the entire time. Good luck and let us know how you go!

ReputationRep:
    Had a verbal offer of a place today, just waiting for something in writing now. Second interview on Tuesday. I have a third interview lined up, but I suspect that will be cancelled due to the allocation being filled for the year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaneBaratheon)
    Had a verbal offer of a place today, just waiting for something in writing now. Second interview on Tuesday. I have a third interview lined up, but I suspect that will be cancelled due to the allocation being filled for the year.
    Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccatiffany(:)
    Yeah, I've been doing the maths ones online. And no, I've not done the literacy one yet, but I feel confident about that (I'm much stronger there, always have been!). I've got an interview for one course I've applied to, really chuffed You'll get there with your personal statement, I agree though, they're so hard to edit down!
    Ah I see, I think I'm stronger with literacy too. Good luck with the interview, gosh I feel nervous about getting a place...especially with the responses on this thread! My PS is done now though thankfully, I'm waiting on my old lecturer to get back to me, she's on extended leave :/

ReputationRep:
    I've got an interview at KCL! It's in 2 weeks, the pressure is definitely on now - Sussex next week and KCL the week after. I'm glad that I get the chance to sort of practise my interview skills before KCL because I'm more worried about that.

ReputationRep:
    Looking at applying for my pgce primary to start in Sept. still need to get some experience of working with kids. Think its to late to apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kelseaa_x)
    Looking at applying for my pgce primary to start in Sept. still need to get some experience of working with kids. Think its to late to apply?
    Apply

I know loads of people who haven't sent off their application!

ReputationRep:
    I agree definitely apply. I am still waiting for my reference to be done. My tutor told me that he would do it tomorrow. But I know someone last year who waited till February to reply.

ReputationRep:
    I need to contact schools to get some time within a primary school. The other bits would be fine, is there anyway you could contqct me any other way, someone to discuss my application with?

ReputationRep:
    I need to contact schools to get some time within a primary school. The other bits would be fine, is there anyway you could contqct me any other way, someone to discuss my application with?
    If you want you could private message me on here!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a Leeds Beckett interview at 9th December/??

ReputationRep:
    Looks like History places are also full now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChancedTravels)
    Got into UCL IOE!!!! Will be accepting when it comes through on UCAS - hurray!

Can't say I'm not relieved that this whole process is over before the end of November, too!

Aaaah, that is amazing!! Congratulations!

I have received interview invitations for my other 2 choices - 10 and 16 December - but I'm really tempted to accept my first offer. I just want this to be over now. Plus, the provider I have the offer from has the PGCE part of ITT acredited by IOE - it can't get better, I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gentlegiant)
    So after yesterdays little update with my interview next tuesday and the unsuccessful application because the school direct place couldn't actually run the programme.
    I just received an email from my 1st option, I have an interview on the 16th of December. Seriously a week before christmas.
    I am so happy at the moment I'm bouncing around like my hyperactive niece. So if you can imagine a 6ft 3 rugby player bouncing around like a kid, thats me right now.

I hope everyone else is having alot of good news as well.
    Good luck! And thank you for describing your happiness so vividly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aemiliana)
    I've got an interview at KCL! It's in 2 weeks, the pressure is definitely on now - Sussex next week and KCL the week after. I'm glad that I get the chance to sort of practise my interview skills before KCL because I'm more worried about that.
    Excellent. Is KCL your first choice?

Good luck with the tests!

ReputationRep:
    I was going to take my Numeracy Skills Test on Saturday but I've just rearranged it to the beginning of January. I've had little time to revise it properly as I'm swamped under deadlines, and Maths is my weak point, so I think it's better that I give myself more time.

Funnily enough, they didn't charge me for it despite it being this short notice, I thought I would have to pay but oh well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldfishgirl)
    I was going to take my Numeracy Skills Test on Saturday but I've just rearranged it to the beginning of January. I've had little time to revise it properly as I'm swamped under deadlines, and Maths is my weak point, so I think it's better that I give myself more time.

Funnily enough, they didn't charge me for it despite it being this short notice, I thought I would have to pay but oh well!
    Maybe their system is in different time zone and it shows it's still Wednesday

My tests are on Saturday too and I haven't done much to prepare but hopefully I'll be fine.

Good luck with the literacy test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TunaTunnel)
    Hey guys, its about time we got a thread going for prospective PGCE applicants applying for 2016 entry.

Has anyone else started gaining experience or written their personal statement?
    What subject are you looking to study?
    Where are you applying?
    Hey is anyone else still waiting on there personal statements or is it just me ); ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blobby1759)
    Apply

I know loads of people who haven't sent off their application!
    Is it just me waiting on my personal statements
    I'm worried that all the places for the universities i have applied for maybe full already ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *tango*)
    Maybe their system is in different time zone and it shows it's still Wednesday

My tests are on Saturday too and I haven't done much to prepare but hopefully I'll be fine.

Good luck with the literacy test.
    That's the only reason that makes sense I think! Good luck for yours!

Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.