Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skytrenfield)
    Hey, I have a Kings interview/selection day tomorrow and I'm really nervous!

How did people find the maths and literacy tests?
    And how did people find the MMI? Like was that the only interview process part there was with the different stations? Are they difficult questions also?

Any tips/help without revealing detail would be sooo helpful!!!
    Personally I found the numeracy was simple and straightforward. Very similar to the sample test in the website. You get a calculator which helps. Literacy was fine also. On the test information download it states what they are looking for in this test.
    MMI was actually really nice. I felt relaxed after about a minute in the first booth and the interviewers were lovely and put me right at ease.
    I had my tests and interview on different days as it's my local uni! It's all really informal and the student ambassadors are really helpful. You can ask them anything!

Tips: take your time, deep breaths and be yourself!

Best of luck to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ameychildnurse)
    Where is your interview at?
    Bournemouth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nat3001)
    Personally I found the numeracy was simple and straightforward. Very similar to the sample test in the website. You get a calculator which helps. Literacy was fine also. On the test information download it states what they are looking for in this test.
    MMI was actually really nice. I felt relaxed after about a minute in the first booth and the interviewers were lovely and put me right at ease.
    I had my tests and interview on different days as it's my local uni! It's all really informal and the student ambassadors are really helpful. You can ask them anything!

Tips: take your time, deep breaths and be yourself!

Best of luck to you.
    Aw thank you so much! For the MMI, was there any like nursing knowledge sort of questions or was it all more a statement/scenario types?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futurechildnurse)
    Bournemouth
    I wouldn't worry too much, the people at BU were lovely and made me feel very comfortable. I asked about placements at the end, my mind went blank and couldn't really think of much else haha. So it's a good idea to have a question or two in mind before you go in.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry too much, the people at BU were lovely and made me feel very comfortable. I asked about placements at the end, my mind went blank and couldn't really think of much else haha. So it's a good idea to have a question or two in mind before you go in.

Thank you! Did you receive an offer from BU? Are the question really straight forward and easy to answer? xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futurechildnurse)

Thank you! Did you receive an offer from BU? Are the question really straight forward and easy to answer? xx
    Not yet, they said that unless you were a rejection or a very firm yes you wouldn't hear back until after all interviews are done. And yes most were okay, just be passionate about why you want to go into nursing and anything that relates to it

ReputationRep:
    Not yet, they said that unless you were a rejection or a very firm yes you wouldn't hear back until after all interviews are done. And yes most were okay, just be passionate about why you want to go into nursing and anything that relates to it
    Ok! Yes,I will. Just hope I get a firm yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megaanjames)
    Hey guys,
    I have received an offer from Birmingham, and I am over the moon - it's my first choice.
    I also have interviews at Birmingham city, Staffordshire and Cumbria
    Good luck to you all! Xx
    Hi, congrats on your offer, I recieved one from Bham today - it's my first choice too! X

ReputationRep:
    has anyone had an interview at LSB can tell me how its like? thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have a conditional offer at Keele University anybody else got an offer from there yet??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anitadonkor)
    Hello everyone. How are your application going so far?
    I have been already rejected by two universities (MDX and GREENWICH).
    However I have received an assessment for Maths and English at London South Bank.
    Has anyone been to the Maths assessment?
    Help! I'm panicking 😫😫 If I fail this I only have two left.
    Nursing ain't easy at all lol
    Ive had a rejection from greenwich too! i thought the maths and english as pretty easy but clearly not! shame...was looking forward to the interview!

& I've got an assessment at LSB this Saturday. There are a few good test papers online!

ReputationRep:
    Can you get unconditional offers for nursing if you haven't achieved the grades yet?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by topdot12)
    Can you get unconditional offers for nursing if you haven't achieved the grades yet?
    Highly unlikely, no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestCat)
    Highly unlikely, no.
    It is possible at BCU I know thay since I know a person who has received an unconditional without having achieved the grades yet
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by laylaaa_xx)
    It is possible at BCU I know thay since I know a person who has received an unconditional without having achieved the grades yet
    I said highly unlikely. In the vast majority of cases they will want you to get the grades before the offer is unconditional. Your friend must have performed excellently at interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestCat)
    I said highly unlikely. In the vast majority of cases they will want you to get the grades before the offer is unconditional. Your friend must have performed excellently at interview.
    It's likely that they've already got the grades hence unconditional offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazycrazy)
    It's likely that they've already got the grades hence unconditional offer!
    Nope I know they definitely don't have the grades yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luce0506)
    Aw that's great well done! I really want an interview from Liverpool as they are the only ones that I haven't heard off yet, when did they tell you about your interview?

I'm really hoping I hear off Bham this week, it's killing me haha!
    Hey hey,

So basically I'd advise ringing up Liverpool because that's how I found out I had an interview - I rang them up enquiring about the status of my application and they were all "you have an interview in a month!!". But I hadn't been sent any emails and track hadn't updated either. Weird. So yeah, ring them up!

Same I'd love to hear back from Birmingham some time soon. xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megaanjames)
    Hey guys,
    I have received an offer from Birmingham, and I am over the moon - it's my first choice.
    I also have interviews at Birmingham city, Staffordshire and Cumbria
    Good luck to you all! Xx
    Hi!

Major well done to you. You must be so so happy!

I've also applied to Birmingham so was wondering when you interviewed with them?

congrats again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luce0506)
    I've received a offer from Uni of Birmingham today anyone else?? X
    congrats!! when did you interview?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 31, 2016

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.