Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Struggling with revision? Join the TSR session every hour!! From 7am-2am. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Uh the 15 mins basically turned into 2hrs. - Never taking an extra break, like, ever again. :argh:

But I can't do anything about it now, so.. it's okay.

I'm going to do my homework in this block so I can at least be productive, then I'll return back to revision at 10:00pm and try and do as much as I can before bed.

ReputationRep:
    alright...
    feeling a bit ill but that wont stop me.

Plan for tonight)
    -Maths HWK and the stats probability questions
    -read thermodynamics for chem
    -notes for protein and stuff..

weekend
    -as revision
    --F211 Plant and Animal transport
    --Chem 2: group 2 and group 7
    --core 1: june 07 paper
    a2
    --c3: June 07
    --chem4: june 09
    --f214: june 09

ReputationRep:
    :work: 8:30pm. :work:
    ~Logging out time!~

Okay, cool. - Chem homework. Logging back in at 10:00pm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChiefKwen)
    logging our 18:42 pm to 8:42pm

Revising sequence, series then hopefully logarithms, has anyone done C2 Differentiation and integration yet ?
    8:45pm doone

ReputationRep:
    Well, I decided it was best that I finish off the C2 2011 paper before beginning my homework and so I marked it afterwards and got 61/75..

Not v happy.. butt I'll spend 5-10 mins going over topics where I scored low (optimization, trapezium + theorem stuff) tomorrow morning then do another one and hopefully improve.

I've finished my chem homework though and I was going to do a bit more revision until midnight but I think I'm tired and possibly won't work v efficiently anyway since it's a Friday night. So, I'm just going to chill for half an hour.. then go to bed. :getmecoat:

Kinda early but I'm waking up at 6/7am tomorrow for a study session so it should make up for it!

Goodnight.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Wow!! 2 days not on TSR and I get like 90849732897329073 Notifications LOOL!!!

Anyways, I'm planning to make an A2 mind map with all the reagents and conditions for each chemical reaction LOL I'm going to take my glorious time making it colourful and pretty (this is what happens when I decide to make mind maps!!). Also seeing as I'm so bothered to do work I'll make it on A3 piece of paper like it's happy days LOOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChiefKwen)
    logging our 18:42 pm to 8:42pm

Revising sequence, series then hopefully logarithms, has anyone done C2 Differentiation and integration yet ?
    Yes! I have, integration you raise the power by one and divide by the new power. Differentiation you times the power by the coefficient of x and subtract one from the power.

For those interested I didn't complete all my physics notes, but in the process I managed to actually understand pair production and annihilation as well as being able to calculate anything that an exam paper would ask you about them.

I think I'll also sign off for tonight as I'm tired so won't be very productive. Will get up at 7am to do an hour study session and then go running. I'll then go out with some friends and come back and do a couple of sessions of work.

Night

ReputationRep:
    Yay, I managed to wake up on time. :woohoo:- Just going to have breakfast then will start a C2 paper in the first block at 7:30am.

Edit: I know I said I'd start at 6/7am but I woke up at 6:30 and somehow forgot that in order to start work at that time, I'd have to wake up and get ready quite a bit earlier than that.

ReputationRep:
    :work: 7:30am. :work:
    ~Logging out time!~

Maths paper.

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished the June 2009 paper and got 69/75. >.> - Lost marks on Optimization + factor theorem again. >.>>>>>>>>>

Ugh, I'll try and revisit those topics briefly tonight then do another past paper before bed but in this next block at 9:00am I am going to work on the second booklet of Chemistry homework.

ReputationRep:
    :work: 9:00am. :work:
    ~Logging out time!~

Homework.

ReputationRep:
    I've finished the second chemistry homework booklet and I'm going out now so I'll get back to revising sometime this afternoon. When I return, I'll be working on studying for the Biology EMPA topics bc we have the tasks next week.

ReputationRep:
    going to concentrate on science and maths for the next 2 weeks

ReputationRep:
    Plans for this weekend:
    Revise equilibrium topic
    Revise alcohols+organic analysis topic
    Revise Normal distribution + exam questions
    Revise History

ReputationRep:
    goals for today; 2 chapters notes. Going to start at 12.
    my goals seen like nothing compared to most with their 5 chapters across 5 subjects
    and wow, do people actually wake up early to revise? Set the alarm specially for revision? Even on weekdays?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Update 12/03/16

. French Mock Revision (Practice Past Papers for Reading and Listening)
    . Maths Mock Revision (Practice Specimen Paper 1 for new 9-1 Spec GCSE)

I'll start off with French Listening before Lunch ...

ReputationRep:
    Okay cool, at 2:30pm I'm going to start with synaptic transmission.- I've already made my notes for this but I'm going to spend time making mind maps and watching some videos.

ReputationRep:
    okayyy so im going to revise the probability bit of S1 because I'v forgotten all of it, and do some exam questions

ReputationRep:
    :work: 2:30am. :work:
    ~Logging out time!~

Biology unit 3.

ReputationRep:
    blocks over revised most of probability, just have ven diagrams to do, then I plan to revise representing data stuff....

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.