Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XLittleSparrowX)
    Thanks! I can now relive the independent company question. Seriously though this is brilliant

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You should be able to estimate your grade/marks better now.

Will it guarantee the grade if I add all raw marks for A* in each unit and see if I meet that with my exam raw marks?

ReputationRep:
    There's already a year 11 (2016-2017) Thread should we make ours now or wait till results day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starlight15)
    There's already a year 11 (2016-2017) Thread should we make ours now or wait till results day
    Now please

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnon121)
    Just uploaded the AQA 2016 papers to another thread
    here, check it out
    Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColossalAtom)
    There's no option for Law at your school?
    Uni's don't like it when you take law A Level and apply for law

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why not take Law if you want to do...Law? That's like saying don't take Maths if you want to do Maths at uni.
    Except you need to do maths in order to do maths at a university. Law is not a subject that's done in every college and so you will be learning from scratch.
    Many uni's do not like it when you take law as an A Level subject and so it's best not to take it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by DamnDaniel2)
    Except you need to do maths in order to do maths at a university. Law is not a subject that's done in every college and so you will be learning from scratch.
    Many uni's do not like it when you take law as an A Level subject and so it's best not to take it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for the clarification. Even though this was explained to me a few pages back.

ReputationRep:
    Not gonna bother with predictions because I quite literally have way too many mixed opinions about each and every subject, so I quite literally can't predict a grade...

Subjects (will update on results day):

Maths: ?
    English Literature: ?
    English Language: ?
    Core Science: ?
    Additional Science: ?
    Religious Education: ?
    Computing: ?
    IT: ?
    Business Studies: ?
    History: ?

What I'm taking at A Level:

Computer Science
    History
    Business Studies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by libertygrace)
    Am I the only one who felt like every exam went well but still feels like I'm going to fail everything ?
    I feel like that as well, it's so weird and annoying ☹️

ReputationRep:
    What you think you've got:
    Maths - A
    Biology - A*
    Chemistry - A
    Physics - A
    English Lit - A*English Lang - A*
    History - A*
    Drama - A*
    Spanish - A*
    PE - A

Best Case: 10 A*
    Worst Case: 10 As or any Bs (not that these are bad results, but for me this would be underachieving and I would be disappointed)

However I only need the equivalent average of 4 As and 4Bs so even if I was to get my worst case scenario I would still get in to my sixth form. Would still like to achieve my potential though.

Predicted Grades:8 A*s and 2As

What you've actually got:
    Maths - ?
    Biology - ?
    Chemistry - ?
    Physics - ?
    English Lit - ?
    English Lang - ?
    History - ?
    Drama - ?
    Spanish - ?
    PE - ?

How are you feeling about results day?
    Very very nervous, don't think I will have done as well as I could have which will be really disappointing. I want to do the best I can for myself but in hindsight I don't think I worked hard enough and so may have let myself down which is very very annoying.
    Also I'll be really sad because about an hour before I go in to get my results I will have said goodbye to my sister as she's moving to New Zealand for a year... I don't think I'll be able to cope with that much emotion on one day haha

How are you going to open your results?
    At school! We have to go in to confirm we got the grades for my 6th form so I'll probably go in ASAP, find a remote corner and open them.

What A Levels are you doing? (if not what is your alternative)Biology, Politics, Geography and possibly Maths

Are you going to record your GCSE results on YouTube? (If so I can't wait to see it!) I've considered it! May do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pugsofwesteros)
    Ahhh oh god, I cannot believe they're a week away. Tbh I would love to get them now as the anxiety is killing me.
    I really struggled this year, w mental health and being an overall idiot, but somehow I'm predicted A's and a few A*.

What I want: A*, but unrealistic.

What I'm predicting:
    English Lit: B/C
    English Lang: B
    Maths: B
    Physics: B
    Biology: A
    Chemistry: A/B
    History: A*
    Art: Coursework was A* but last topic was horrific so B?
    Computing: A

What I have already:
    Religion: A*

Actual results: ??? Pray for me, I need all B's to get into sixth form.
    I did art as well, did you by any chance have OCR as your exam board? What topic did you choose for your Year 11 exam work or did you get given one?

(Original post by kate37)
    What you think you've got:Maths - A
    Biology - A*
    Chemistry - APhysics - ASpanish - A*
    History - A*
    English Lit - A*
    English Lang - A*
    PE - A
    Drama - A*

Best Case: 10 A*
    Worst Case: 10 As or any Bs (not that these are bad results, but for me this would be underachieving and I would be disappointed)

Predicted Grades:8 A*s and 2As

What you've actually got:
    WATCH THIS SPACE!

How are you feeling about results day?
    Very very nervous, don't think I will have done as well as I could have which will be really disappointing. I want to do the best I can for myself but in hindsight I don't think I worked hard enough and so may have let myself down which is very very annoying.
    Also I'll be really sad because about an hour before I go in to get my results I will have said goodbye to my sister as she's moving to New Zealand for a year... I don't think I'll be able to cope with that much emotion on one day haha

How are you going to open your results?
    At school! We have to go in to confirm we got the grades for my 6th form so I'll probably go in ASAP, find a remote corner and open them.

What A Levels are you doing? (if not what is your alternative)Biology, Politics, Geography and possibly MathsAre you going to record your GCSE results on YouTube? (If so I can't wait to see it!)I've considered it! May do
    Nice template. Where did you get it from?

ReputationRep:
    Nice template. Where did you get it from?
    I saw some other people use it so I copied it

(Original post by Starlight15)
    Someone should make it soon, this results day thread is making me worried !!

ReputationRep:
    Someone else did OCR art? That's cool, what did you choose for the 40%?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XLittleSparrowX)
    Someone else did OCR art? That's cool, what did you choose for the 40%?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did OCR Art!! I chose Tranquility for the 40%. Was going to chose Laundry until I realised one of my classmates overheard me talking about ideas for it to my teacher and copied nearly everything 😠. What did you chose??

(Original post by Pens&Papers)
    Someone should make it soon, this results day thread is making me worried !!
    I volunteer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak143244)
    Where can I find the grade boundrie for IGCSE English Language? I've searched everywhere but I can't find it...
    http://papers.gceguide.com/IGCSE/Eng...522_s16_gt.pdf

I volunteer.
    Great! When will you make it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloechurcher)
    I did OCR Art!! I chose Tranquility for the 40%. Was going to chose Laundry until I realised one of my classmates overheard me talking about ideas for it to my teacher and copied nearly everything 😠. What did you chose??
    That's frustrating. I chose interesting characters. I didn't want to do it at first but my teacher said it was the best way of getting an A. After a while I enjoyed it and ended up doing a huge final piece on a canvas

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.