Turn on thread page Beta

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK! watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What Pokemon Go team did you choose?
    Team Valor (Red)
    33.00%
    Team Mystic (Blue)
    45.60%
    Team Instinct (Yellow)
    21.40%

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena64)
    Exactly what I need! More drowzee and zubat. -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donkey******)
    Exactly what I need! More drowzee and zubat. -_-
    I don't have a Drowzee and one of my favorite Pokemon is Zubat so I'm all set.

I need to evolve my Haunter too, this is perfect!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena64)
    I don't have a Drowzee and one of my favorite Pokemon is Zubat so I'm all set.

I need to evolve my Haunter too, this is perfect!
    You quite literally need to get out more. Drowzee is possibly the pokemon I've caught most of.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, used the last charge on my egg incubator I got for achieving level 25 and I got a 935CP.... (Drum roll please)

Spoiler:
    Show

JYNX!
    Fml...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donkey******)
    You quite literally need to get out more. Drowzee is possibly the pokemon I've caught most of.
    Yea Drowsee is just behind Pidgey for me.

Sod the ghost pokemon... look at the candy treats!

It’s Halloween season and we have a treat for you! From October 26th to November 1st, you’ll earn double the amount of Candy every time you catch, hatch and transfer Pokémon! Don’t forget your Buddy Pokémon, because they will help you earn Candy four times as fast

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/halloween2016/

I think I'll be trying to get a Dragonite this week..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Ok, used the last charge on my egg incubator I got for achieving level 25 and I got a 935CP.... (Drum roll please)
    Spoiler:
    Show

JYNX!
    Fml...

Yea Jynx and Scythers I now hate after hatching too many.

Found a Lapras earlier and a casual 25 charmanders after swinging by a nest

My 10km hatched an Electabuzz. This one actually has Thunder/Thunder Shock and now that I have 43 candies, I may as well power up. Annoyingly I had started powering up a Raichu. Electric types very good for Gyarados though - my 1300 Raichu took out a 2200 Gyarados.

Also annoyingly, after having gotten my Victrebell to CP 2000 (has Acid/Solar Beam), I evolved an Oddish into Vileplume which has Razor leaf/Solar Beam so now I feel like I've got to power that to CP 2000..

14 pokemon left for pokedex. I think 6 will be relatively easy and the other 6 will be harder work.

With the update and candy boost coming for a few days, I think I can get close to having most of them. The only ones which will be tough/not possible are likely to be Chansey and Aerodactyl.

ReputationRep:
    Ughhh!

Been monitoring Fastpokemap in case someone I need comes up in walking distance. An Aerodactyl spawned within walking distance but I just noticed it with 1 minute left. If only I had seen it 15 mins ago!

ReputationRep:
    Found a wild Dragonair today. =D

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1477408638.007044.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  69.9 KB

Absolute rubbish CP and IV but still happy. =D

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Found a wild Dragonair today. =D

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1477408638.007044.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  69.9 KB

Absolute rubbish CP and IV but still happy. =D

Posted from TSR Mobile
    99 candies isn't shabby! Have you got something ready to evolve into a strong Dragonite or do you need the other 26 candies?

Can't wait for this Halloween candy boost - once it kicks in I can add Muk, Charizard, Blastoise, Omistar and Alakazam to my pokedex.

Will leave me with just 10 to add to pokedex. Also got lucky and after a dry spell, picked up 3x 10km eggs! When they hatch, they will also get double candies which could be awesome.

Perfect world, I'd hatch Chansey, Aerodactyl and Dratini. I'd be happy with Lapras and Snorlax so can power up my stronger ones.

In reality? I'll probably get a Jynx, Onyx and Scyther :facepalm:

Wonder what time the update will kick in. Midnight? Midnight USA time? Looking forward to the catch bonus too - there's a geodude nest which could get me to Golem quickly..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    99 candies isn't shabby! Have you got something ready to evolve into a strong Dragonite or do you need the other 26 candies?

Can't wait for this Halloween candy boost - once it kicks in I can add Muk, Charizard, Blastoise, Omistar and Alakazam to my pokedex.

Will leave me with just 10 to add to pokedex. Also got lucky and after a dry spell, picked up 3x 10km eggs! When they hatch, they will also get double candies which could be awesome.

Perfect world, I'd hatch Chansey, Aerodactyl and Dratini. I'd be happy with Lapras and Snorlax so can power up my stronger ones.

Wonder what time the update will kick in. Midnight? Midnight USA time? Looking forward to the catch bonus too - there's a geodude nest which could get me to Golem quickly..
    I might start loading up the game on my daily commute just because of the 4x candy thing over the next few days. At the very least I'll get 5-6 candy over the 4 days or so. Plus I can do some walking over the weekend to try and get some Pokemon to higher candies.

I think the most difficult Pokemon to evolve for me will be Grimer -> Muk. Only have 13 candies or so and I've never seen a Muk, I don't really fancy walking 24km for it though lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtjl)
    I might start loading up the game on my daily commute just because of the 4x candy thing over the next few days. At the very least I'll get 5-6 candy over the 4 days or so. Plus I can do some walking over the weekend to try and get some Pokemon to higher candies.

I think the most difficult Pokemon to evolve for me will be Grimer -> Muk. Only have 13 candies or so and I've never seen a Muk, I don't really fancy walking 24km for it though lol.
    Yea it's worth it since such an increase. If you have any 5km eggs incubated you might get lucky with a Grimer hatch and get the double candies? I saw a Muk on tracker this afternoon but it looked like a 10-12 min walk and I was already on 46 Grimer candy.

What were the few you had left to obtain? I'm going to try and do Geodude and Bulbasaur tomorrow..

ReputationRep:
    Yea it's worth it since such an increase. If you have any 5km eggs incubated you might get lucky with a Grimer hatch and get the double candies? I saw a Muk on tracker this afternoon but it looked like a 10-12 min walk and I was already on 46 Grimer candy.

What were the few you had left to obtain? I'm going to try and do Geodude and Bulbasaur tomorrow..
    The Pokemon I still need are:
    Victreebel (I'm on 109 of 125)
    Golem (But I have enough candies for)
    Vileplume (I have enough candies for)
    Muk (11/50)
    Raichu (25/50)
    Marowak (39/50)
    Omastar (27/50)

So it's not too far to go, but obviously progress stopped once I stopped playing the game. Definitely worth using on my commute though for the easy candies.

Which Pokemon do you have left?

ReputationRep:

Isn't shabby when I've only caught 12 dragon types in game too. Rest came from the buddy system. =D
    So really, that's an extra 51 candies from the buddy system. =D
    Walked 270km with Dratini so far. When I get to 124, will switch to using Garyados as my buddy for Magikarp candy. Have a 133CP Magikarp with 86% IVs, not great but am hoping for a couple more from eggs before I hit the 400 mark again.

Am currently sitting on 140 Magikarp candy...

ReputationRep:
    The Pokemon I still need are:
    Victreebel (I'm on 109 of 125)
    Golem (But I have enough candies for)
    Vileplume (I have enough candies for)
    Muk (11/50)
    Raichu (25/50)
    Marowak (39/50)
    Omastar (27/50)

So it's not too far to go, but obviously progress stopped once I stopped playing the game. Definitely worth using on my commute though for the easy candies.

Which Pokemon do you have left?
    That's not many at all. Cubone/Marowak are extra spawns for this event so you should find those candies in one commute. You're in London right? Caledonian Park is an Omanyte nest and around 3 spawn every 15-25 minutes on the north side.

I'm missing the following:
    Venasaur (70/100)
    Vulpix (39/50)
    Dugtrio (29/50)
    Machamp (40/100)
    Golem (24/100) - bottom right corner of Regents Park is a nest
    Dodrio (28/50)
    Chansey
    Aerodactyl
    Kabutops (35/50)
    Dragonite (70/100)

Isn't shabby when I've only caught 12 dragon types in game too. Rest came from the buddy system. =D
    So really, that's an extra 51 candies from the buddy system. =D
    Walked 270km with Dratini so far. When I get to 124, will switch to using Garyados as my buddy for Magikarp candy. Have a 133CP Magikarp with 86% IVs, not great but am hoping for a couple more from eggs before I hit the 400 mark again.

Am currently sitting on 140 Magikarp candy...
    Wow that's a lot of walking! I think I've only walked 320km in the total game..

The most painful thing about Gyarados is whether it will have good moves or not..

ReputationRep:
    That's not many at all. Cubone/Marowak are extra spawns for this event so you should find those candies in one commute. You're in London right? Caledonian Park is an Omanyte nest and around 3 spawn every 15-25 minutes on the north side.

Venasaur (70/100)
    Vulpix (39/50)
    Dugtrio (29/50)
    Machamp (40/100)
    Dodrio (28/50)
    Chansey
    Aerodactyl
    Kabutops (35/50)
    Dragonite (70/100)

The most painful thing about Gyarados is whether it will have good moves or not..
    My distance is a bit more than that. Then again, I walk to uni every day to get a bit of exercise in which adds at least 5k per day every day (even weekends).

Leave my phone running with POGO on to just do something in the background. =D

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Forgot to add screenshot of the badge. =l

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1477463363.537972.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  42.6 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My distance is a bit more than that. Then again, I walk to uni every day to get a bit of exercise in which adds at least 5k per day every day (even weekends).

Leave my phone running with POGO on to just do something in the background. =D

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Damn that is impressive!

I've had a good morning
    - Added Golem to my pokedex
    - Would be ready to add Venasaur to my pokedex with one more catch but caught a massive Bulbasuar (89% and CP 802) which will evolve into a CP 1952 Venasaur so will need a few extra candies for that!
    - Also hatched a Snorlax which gave me around 50 candies with the boost bonus Powered up my higher CP one to 2430 and should pass CP 2500 later this week when I hit level 28 (only 25k XP away).

Second 10km egg was a Pinsir which isn't great but I've got two 10km eggs left..

EDIT:
    Third 10km egg was an Eevee so now I have plenty of candy to keep my Vaporeon powered. Might evolve another Jolteon as my original one is CP 280..

Had a weird/lucky time though, I think I've picked up 5x 10km eggs in the last 24 hours whereas I don't think I had one during the week before.

Seems that the huge increase in Gastly/Drowsee/Meaowth/Zubat has coincided with lower rates of spawns of other pokemon? Makes sense - was wondering how else they would slow down people evolving tons of pokemon with so much candy available.

ReputationRep:

Venasaur (70/100)
    Vulpix (39/50)
    Dugtrio (29/50)
    Machamp (40/100)
    Dodrio (28/50)
    Chansey
    Aerodactyl
    Kabutops (35/50)
    Dragonite (70/100)

Yeah, I caught some Cubone on my way to and from uni today, so I have enough for a Marowak now. I also got 3 Bellsprout candy from my journey, it would have been more but my battery died on the way home, so I'm definitely bringing in my portable charger tomorrow. I can probably get that to 125 before the event ends. Then I'll only need Muk, Raichu and Omastar.

Caledonian Park is an Omanyte spawn? I might need to check it out. It is very, very far away from where I live though. I live in Brixton so it's literally the exact opposite side of London. I think the others will just have to come from the buddy system, despite how painful that will be .

As for your list, Chansey I've only ever seen from a 10km egg, while Aerodactyl I found randomly in the wild, though the 10km egg is probably the best bet. All of the final evolutions are always a pain in the arse to get, though I swear the egg system is rigged. I've had around 200 Machop candy for a while now because I get one out of every 4th egg or so, while there are quite a few Pokemon I've never had out of an egg.

Also, I wish they'd release trading already. This was supposed to be available on launch, along with player battles >.<

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I caught some Cubone on my way to and from uni today, so I have enough for a Marowak now. I also got 3 Bellsprout candy from my journey, it would have been more but my battery died on the way home, so I'm definitely bringing in my portable charger tomorrow. I can probably get that to 125 before the event ends. Then I'll only need Muk, Raichu and Omastar.

Caledonian Park is an Omanyte spawn? I might need to check it out. It is very, very far away from where I live though. I live in Brixton so it's literally the exact opposite side of London. I think the others will just have to come from the buddy system, despite how painful that will be .

As for your list, Chansey I've only ever seen from a 10km egg, while Aerodactyl I found randomly in the wild, though the 10km egg is probably the best bet. All of the final evolutions are always a pain in the arse to get, though I swear the egg system is rigged. I've had around 200 Machop candy for a while now because I get one out of every 4th egg or so, while there are quite a few Pokemon I've never had out of an egg.

Also, I wish they'd release trading already. This was supposed to be available on launch, along with player battles >.<
    Yea I picked up 3 Omanytes there to get my Omastar but also see them there on the tracker often. You should do Pikachu with your buddy system since you'll get a candy every 0.25km.

Yea it's frustrating and more annoying when I get crap like Jynx from my 10km eggs. I saw an Aerodactyl on FPM scanner yesterday but just missed it May have missed my shot..

I feel like eggs are tied to pokestops you get them from? I regularly get the same few water pokemon and when I was picking up eggs from Lincoln's Inn, I got Ekans/Growlithe for a period? Machop must be tied to one of the pokestop areas you go through? I've rarely hatched Machop hence my very poor candy amount.

The only issue is that trading will making completing your pokedex too easy.. Player battles would be good but considering how basic the battle is, I'm not sure how much value it will have?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.