Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    anyone going the game on wednesday?

ReputationRep:
    New England away kit:

Lol. At least it wont feature in any major tournaments.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    ;yucky;

What's up with the blue at the top Oh well, I won't be rushing to buy it.

ReputationRep:
    That's horrible.

ReputationRep:
    An amateur kit for an amateur team.

Mebbe if we win the world cup they'll get a decent kit again :p: And if we don't, they can run around naked! :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather they didn't, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    I'd rather they didn't, thanks.
    I dunno. It might give them a bit of an incentive, and they could use those black censor bars to make sure we only see the ball that we're meant to see. (The football, in case you were wondering)

ReputationRep:
    England football team are rubbish
    England rugger buggers are rubbish(very lucky run to get to the WC final
    England cricket team are rubbish

what an embarrassment.

ReputationRep:
    Or red kits past and present has never done anything for me. It's white or not at all.

ReputationRep:
    The peak?

ReputationRep:
    Just read "Stevie G's" comments about the first England training session. Apparently he's quite impressed with Capello and his mentality etc etc.

And most impressively (to me) is that Capello apparently has succeeded in achieving 1 month understandable English. Apparently he had a translator there for when he got stuck (which was apparently very rarely and only for little things etc etc). Very impressive, don't know how many of us football fans can appreciate this but it is extremely difficult for someone to learn a language to this level this quickly, with obvious exceptions (professional linguists, occasional natural talents, etc).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    Just read "Stevie G's" comments about the first England training session. Apparently he's quite impressed with Capello and his mentality etc etc.
    I should bloody hope so. Arguably the best manager in the world at the moment, at least, according to his CV.

(Original post by mhsc)
    And most impressively (to me) is that Capello apparently has succeeded in achieving 1 month understandable English. Apparently he had a translator there for when he got stuck (which was apparently very rarely and only for little things etc etc). Very impressive, don't know how many of us football fans can appreciate this but it is extremely difficult for someone to learn a language to this level this quickly, with obvious exceptions (professional linguists, occasional natural talents, etc).
    How many English people are fluent in other languages than in English excluding their mother tongue (if they've been naturalised etc)? Not many.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juwel)
    The peak?

Not too sure about that one. One of our recent ones was okay though. Always preferred the club/national crest on the left than in the centre. Closer to the heart.

ReputationRep:
    We'll soon find out which of "defend" and "attack" he didn't learn.

ooo apparently if you buy the new kit and then spend more money texting a picture of the label of somewhere thats probably in africa, you get access to a website! :eek4:
    http://www.thefa.com/England/SeniorT...itlaunch08.htm

ReputationRep:
    Cool, i will get updates about Umbro in my inbox..

Might get this shirt, looks a wee bit plain though.. Oh well.

Was watching the training on tv earlier.. Looked good, i don't think i have seen England being trained so well.

Well done Mr Capello

ReputationRep:
    Shaun Wright Phillips missed Capello's England training session at Wembley. As our only other right winger is Bentley, SWP should bugger off as he's injured and give Beckham a call to replace him :p:

ReputationRep:
    Gerrard captain against Switzerland. I think Switzerland may be in for a thrashing tbh, because our players will want to show that they aren't as sucky as we make out all the time these days :p:

ReputationRep:
    Bad choice

ReputationRep:
    We all knew he would be. It would be good to rotate the captaincy over the next few games although it would be hard to compare them.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.