Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flywithemma)
    Subtle

Although does this not mean we you have actually been stalking them too?
    Someone has to keep an eye on them, they might hurt themselves!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LtCommanderData)
    Hmm... is it just me, or does something smell like Oxford applicants for 2012 entry?
    In our defense, it's worse to be an offer-holder stalking the applicants than to be an applicant stalking the offer-holders.

:getmecoat:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anyone_can_fly)
    In our defense, it's worse to be an offer-holder stalking the applicants than to be an applicant stalking the offer-holders.

:getmecoat:
    I'd rather be an offer holder than an applicant, whatever the circumstances!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LtCommanderData)
    I'd rather be an offer holder than an applicant, whatever the circumstances!
    Oh of course, but we need to stalk you as vital university research, whereas the only reason you have for stalking us is because you're bored.

:ninja::ninja::ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anyone_can_fly)
    Oh of course, but we need to stalk you as vital university research, whereas the only reason you have for stalking us is because you're bored.

:ninja::ninja::ninja:
    She speaks the truth. You have no reason to be stalking us

ReputationRep:
    Stalking?

ReputationRep:
    I totally stalked all the offer holders last year, I understand completely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riotgrrl)
    I totally stalked all the offer holders last year, I understand completely
    The cycle continues

Also, Surrey high five!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel*)
    Well I'm from Northern Ireland..
    Hello, fellow Island of Irelander!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by such_a_lady)
    She speaks the truth. You have no reason to be stalking us
    Some may call it stalking, some may call it wondering if we might be of some assistance :hat2:

ReputationRep:
    On a darker note...

Does anyone know if Oxford has a policy if you miss your offer? Is it an automatic no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoTobann)
    Hello, fellow Island of Irelander!
    Hello (: Where are you from? What subject/college are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shoshin)
    Some may call it stalking, some may call it wondering if we might be of some assistance :hat2:
    Oh gosh, if you ever feel like offering a tip or word of advice, it would be most welcome We're a little scared to pop up here and ask, so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by such_a_lady)
    Oh gosh, if you ever feel like offering a tip or word of advice, it would be most welcome We're a little scared to pop up here and ask, so...
    aww you shouldnt be scared as far as i know, nobody bites here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by micky022)
    On a darker note...

Does anyone know if Oxford has a policy if you miss your offer? Is it an automatic no?
    It's up to the College really. It is always worth calling them, and it's certainly happened in the past that someone who missed the offer was given their place anyway. But a College may have made an open offer, and if an open offeree has made the offer then they have to take priority over others who have missed grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Festina lente)
    It's up to the Collge really. It is always worth calling them, and it's certainly happened in the past that someone who missed the offer was given their place anyway. But a College may have made an open offer, and if an open offeree has made the offer then they have to take priority over others who have missed grades.
    When you're talking about ringing them up, would you do this if UCAS had actually changed to 'unsuccessful' on results day, or just If it's still blank/says 'conditional'?

I'm very worried that I am going to end up getting something between A*A*B and AAB and therefore miss my offer
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    When you're talking about ringing them up, would you do this if UCAS had actually changed to 'unsuccessful' on results day, or just If it's still blank/says 'conditional'?

I'm very worried that I am going to end up getting something between A*A*B and AAB and therefore miss my offer
    I think it's worth ringing either way, just to be absolutely sure that if there was any chance you could have still taken your place, you would have done.

ReputationRep:

I would try to be brave and call anyway, armed with information on UMS and so on. Because I would always wonder what would have happened if I hadn't. Please don't panic though, it looks as though a lot of people weren't happy with how they felt the exams had gone.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    STEP II tomorrow! So nice for the result of it not to matter, I'd be freaking out if I depended on it for an offer

Good luck everybody with this week's exams! I have 7 this week, and my last one the following Monday. And then... no more A-levels! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy23)
    Yeah it was, my other interview was hertford, how about you?
    My first choice was wadham, othe interview was st catz

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.