This discussion is closed.
Anjna
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
does anyone have the answers to the AQA nelson throne examination style questions at the end of each chapters??
blueeyedgirl
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by master y)
Is this ok? Please tell me if i have missed out ANY detail, no matter how small!! Or made any mistakes,..
Is that not in vivo cloning you've explained, as opposed to in vitro?
master y
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by blueeyedgirl)
Is that not in vivo cloning you've explained, as opposed to in vitro?
oops... then it would be
1. Heat to 92 to separate strands
2. 55 for annealing of primers
3.72 for DNA helicase to do it's thang.

Is that right?
blueeyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
oops... then it would be

Is that right?
Haha sounds good to me!
F1's Finest
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You don't need to remember specific temperatures, but for the essay you can throw them in
kdk
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
oops... then it would be

Is that right?
I think it should be DNA polymerase, DNA helicase breaks the hydrogen bonds during transcription, correct me if I'm wrong
if the question is a 5 marker, I would also add
DNA is extracted from the cell,
and then definition of in vitro cloning,
then PCR!( just in case if PCR is not worth 5marks!)
Hope this helps !

Posted from TSR Mobile
feelinginfinite
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey, I was looking for extra questions on the internet and stumbled across this website http://sciencemathsmaster.weebly.com/packs.html

I'm not sure if I'm being blind but I can only see answers - could someone please tell me what these answers are for? Or where to find the questions? They don't match up with the NT book so I think they could be helpful to go through
feelinginfinite
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anjna)
does anyone have the answers to the AQA nelson throne examination style questions at the end of each chapters??
http://www.school-portal.co.uk/Group...GroupID=870320 This might help you?
Anjna
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by feelinginfinite)
thank you!!
Anjna
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by feelinginfinite)
also I don't suppose you know where I could find the Questions for the "end of topic" chapters aswell? some of my pages are ripped :\
helpme456
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ChemBoss)
Um I need some help with the synoptic side of the exam, I feel like i've completely forgotten units 1,2 and 4 and I need some resources I could use to refresh my memory? Thanks

this is what you need for biol1

• Proteins and polysaccharides are made up of monomers that are linked by condensation.

• Many of the functions of proteins may be explained in terms of molecular structure and shape.

• Enzymes are proteins and their rates of reaction are influenced by a range of factors: temperature,
the presence of inhibitors, pH and substrate concentration.

• Substances are exchanged by passive or active transport across exchange surfaces. The structure of plasma
membranes enables control of the passage across exchange surfaces

This is what you need to know for biol2

• A species may be defined in terms of observable similarities and the ability to produce fertile offspring.

• Living organisms vary and this variation is influenced by genetic and environmental factors.

• The biochemical basis and cellular organisation of life is similar for all organisms.

• Genes are sections of DNA that contain coded information as a specific sequence of bases.

• During mitosis, the parent cell divides to produce genetically identical daughter cells.

• The relationship between size and surface area to volume ratio is of fundamental importance in exchange.

I havent done biol2 so I dont have notes for it but I have attached the notes for biol1 so you can learn the synoptic element. I will upload the biol4 notes after the exam on tuesday. I highly doubt the synoptic element will contain more than 5 marks so id focus more on BIOL5 and essay
Attached files
JenLivYoung
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by helpme456)

this is what you need for biol1

• Proteins and polysaccharides are made up of monomers that are linked by condensation.

• Many of the functions of proteins may be explained in terms of molecular structure and shape.

• Enzymes are proteins and their rates of reaction are influenced by a range of factors: temperature,
the presence of inhibitors, pH and substrate concentration.

• Substances are exchanged by passive or active transport across exchange surfaces. The structure of plasma
membranes enables control of the passage across exchange surfaces

This is what you need to know for biol2

• A species may be defined in terms of observable similarities and the ability to produce fertile offspring.

• Living organisms vary and this variation is influenced by genetic and environmental factors.

• The biochemical basis and cellular organisation of life is similar for all organisms.

• Genes are sections of DNA that contain coded information as a specific sequence of bases.

• During mitosis, the parent cell divides to produce genetically identical daughter cells.

• The relationship between size and surface area to volume ratio is of fundamental importance in exchange.

I havent done biol2 so I dont have notes for it but I have attached the notes for biol1 so you can learn the synoptic element. I will upload the biol4 notes after the exam on tuesday. I highly doubt the synoptic element will contain more than 5 marks so id focus more on BIOL5 and essay
People like you are too nice to the rest of us!
loveheartsandall
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey can anyone explain the difference between "mean growth rate / kg per day" and "efficiency of conversion of food to biomass / %" ?

This is relating to the Jan 2012 Unit 4 paper. (Sorry someone direct me to the Unit 4 thread if there is one xD )
hopefulmedic44
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2230358 The thread for Unit 4
idunnotbh
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
thank you very much!
hollywils
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Haven't even started revising for this exam yet!!! just going to get unit 4 out of the way on Tuesday! Dreading both

Posted from TSR Mobile
F1's Finest
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by hollywils)
Haven't even started revising for this exam yet!!! just going to get unit 4 out of the way on Tuesday! Dreading both

Posted from TSR Mobile
:hugs: You can do it!
flyylikejetz
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
With the essay i am worried about including irrelevant information. Say the essay is on "Negative feedback" and i was talking about regulation of pH of blood, would i tell the whole story of how "more exercise, more cellular respiration causes blood to be more acid" ? (obviously in more concise detail) ...
propagation
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by flyylikejetz)
With the essay i am worried about including irrelevant information. Say the essay is on "Negative feedback" and i was talking about regulation of pH of blood, would i tell the whole story of how "more exercise, more cellular respiration causes blood to be more acid" ? (obviously in more concise detail) ...
Dude add it as it's off spec and you will allow access to the higher marks
hollywils
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by James A)
:hugs: You can do it!
Thanks!! Got a B in the mock so fingers crossed... Just hoping the essay question is a nice one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (142)
17.95%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
26.93%
Not great so far... (283)
35.78%
I want to drop out! (153)
19.34%

Watched Threads