Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD* Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleveradam)
    Page 41 That dude analyzed it for us 2 days ago and I pretty much repeated what he said for Slim in the exam in my own words
    I was sat in the exam praising him, yeah me too.
    Someone in my year copied a paragraph from the novel at the beginning describing the main characters, and just added her own quotes and expanded on the points made in the paragraph. Literally kicking myself for not thinking of that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    I think I got around 73/80 in CAs, so an A* is possible!
    That's good then

ReputationRep:
    I got 35/40 for CA and got 33/54 for poetry cluster exam.
    What do I need in this exam for an overall A?
    That's 59 UMS for poetry and 45 for coursework, which totals to 104. This means to get only an A you only need 31/68 in this exam, but an A* may still be within reach I'd say, for an A* you need 54/68.
    Basically I think you are almost guaranteed an A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanTheMan358)
    I remember going into exam thinking alright this should hopefully be an easy A* and should be more achievable than lit .

I came out hoping I still had an English Literature GCSE :eek:
    :rofl:
    I can't believe I wanted to do Lit for A level... As soon as I got back my poetry result (C) I immediately called my sixth form offers to change Lit to economics.

ReputationRep:
    do you lose marks for not talking about a particular character? it may be a silly questions

but for part a i talked about Slim
    part b i talked about slim & crooks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Galileo Galilei)
    OMG , I wrote good quality answers which met the A* criteria but I feel that I have not written enough in my answers even though I covered everything from Structure to Language analysis. I wrote around 500 words for the Inspector calls question and just shy of 700 for the OMAM question, would this with A* grade analysis enable me to reach the A* mark band? I am worried as I only wrote 5.5 pages in my answer booklet
    Its Quality not Quantity.. If you've included all the points and expanded on them, then the amount of pages doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    I wrote only 4 pages!!! How can you guys write so much?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Galileo Galilei)
    OMG , I wrote good quality answers which met the A* criteria but I feel that I have not written enough in my answers even though I covered everything from Structure to Language analysis. I wrote around 500 words for the Inspector calls question and just shy of 700 for the OMAM question, would this with A* grade analysis enable me to reach the A* mark band? I am worried as I only wrote 5.5 pages in my answer booklet
    I wrote around 4.5 pages for OMAM and 3 pages for IAC.
    My hand writing is considerably big? I can fit 10 words per line.
    How many could you fit? People in my school mostly did 4-6 pages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cycahm)
    I only wrote 5 and a half, would be six but I wasted space with my plans!

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean 4 x 2 = 8?
    Or only 2 x 2 = 4

ReputationRep:
    For the entire exam? Is your handwriting small?

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean 4 x 2 = 8?
    Or only 2 x 2 = 4
    Yeh 2x2

ReputationRep:
    Anyone do the question on to kill a mockingbird?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nnf)
    For the entire exam? Is your handwriting small?
    I made it smaller on purpose I think there was probably around 16 words per line on normal line paper but the aqa booklets are not as wide so yeh

ReputationRep:
    Yeh 2x2
    Only 1 question comes into my head? Did you really revise the books?

ReputationRep:
    I wrote around 4.5 pages for OMAM and 3 pages for IAC.
    My hand writing is considerably big? I can fit 10 words per line.
    How many could you fit? People in my school mostly did 4-6 pages.
    I average 9 a line but I indent my paragraphs so I will use fewer lines than someone who does not Indent, I did like 2 sides for AIC and 3.5 for OMAM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laylarose)
    Royally ****ed this exam up. I'm absolutely devastated as English Literature is meant to be my best subject :emo:

I picked the beastie question for LOTF - this was an utter joy to write and I feel I did really well here. However, I almost yelped in pain when I saw that Slim was for OMAM - I had prepared more thoroughly for a George or Lennie question. And to top it all off, I didn't finish my OMAM essay - I only made two points

PITY ME, SOMEONE!
    hey i did ralph :teehee:

i started of by doing the beast then i thought.... i dont know crap about it... i only revised for the conch and ralph

then i switched..made a new plan and then scribbled like hell !!

i thought LOTF is always fairly good though - i think i did really well here!!

how much did you write??

oh and i hated the OMAM question to... i actually thought that he was to minor... grr.... hopefully i can still get an A

are you doing poetry on thursday..if so what cluster??

ryan

ReputationRep:
    I made it smaller on purpose I think there was probably around 16 words per line on normal line paper but the aqa booklets are not as wide so yeh
    I'm sure you'll be fine, I wrote 7ish but my writing got bigger as it went on.......

ReputationRep:
    Only 1 question comes into my head? Did you really revise the books?
    Yes... Which questions did you do?

ReputationRep:
    so am i the only one that was getting ready to go on the last page of the answer booklet??
    (no gaps btw)

ryan

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.