Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyStrange13)
    You were two marks off an overall B but three marks off a B in the individual unit. I had a look on the AQA UMS Convertor, just type it into google and you'll find what raw mark you got for any one of your AS Levels. That could be an option as you werent far off a B, I'm considering resitting one of my A2 units... I'm doing a third year as I picked up two AS Levels. I got a B overall for AS Psychology and I was three marks off an A >.> And an A in the individual unit. And I got a D overall for Environmental Studies and I was three marks off a C in unit 1 and 4 marks off a C in unit 2. So overall I'm not very pleased about my results. How did you do in your other subjects?
    I was on the exam board WJEC though so won't it be different for that? & yeah but even if I resat and got a B part of me still wouldn't be happy unless it was solid cos I really want an A aw well that's still good so well done!!x
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me what exactly you have to do after you see the 'Congratulations, your place at X has been confirmed' message on the login page? Do you have to confirm back? I'm in adjustment atm - so don't know what the process is.

ReputationRep:
    4 A*and a A* EPQ-(maths,further maths,economics and accounts)--double celebration cos i was promised £2000 in the unlikely event of achieving 4 A*.I have to say ,Parents reaction wasnt quite what I hoped for when they realised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    What did you get for Edexcel History?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gotzz)
    Well done!! If you don't get into Cambridge, where will you go?
    Bristol, which I'm very happy with. Just wish that Cambridge would let me know what's going on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kat12395)
    BCD for me. Not great, not great at all, but...
    BY SOME FLUKE OF NATURE I STILL GOT INTO MY FIRM CHOICE TO STUDY THE SUBJECT I GOT A D IN YEAHHHHHH
    :banana:
    this has given me soooo much hope

ReputationRep:
    I missed my offer by a long shot and still got in, so happy and feel so lucky!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabrina786)
    this has given me soooo much hope
    Not to burst your bubble but I missed my offer by 2 marks and didn't get in!
    Try not to focus too much on the fact that you might get in with lower grades, instead, focus on GETTING the grades!
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    79ums is like the ultimate pisstake. Ah well
    Ah well, the AS resits I did in January means that I ended up with an A overall. A low A, but an A nonetheless!

(Original post by j2810)
    is it worth getting a remark on an English lit paper if i was one mark off an A or would it be likely to drag me down because its an essay based subject?
    Get that remarked, it's highly unlikely that you'd go down to a C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrettyLittleLiars)
    I had the same dilemma last year. I couldn't decide but at the end of the day I choose Pharmacy because I thought it gave me a greater variety (but course wise and job wise). I suggest you check out the course structure online and see which one appeals to you more.
    You can view it on the Aston website
    Thanks! What a coincidence that you do pharmacy too!

Im thinking about optometry because pharmacy's job availability is decreasing and im worried i wont find a job after uni.

Also my track hasn't updated yet and aston have said i have to accept their offer by tomorrow noon.

Is it normal for ucas to take their time with updating track?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilgamesh)
    What did you get for Edexcel History?
    85ums overall

90 in unit 2

80 in unit 1

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! Your place at University of Leeds for Medical Sciences, B100 has been confirmed.

Congrats everyone! You worked so hard, now enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jordi_A)
    To study what?
    They are offereing places on adjustment for AAB I believe
    Philosophy

really? that's good news

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FM1994)
    Thanks! What a coincidence that you do pharmacy too!

Im thinking about optometry because pharmacy's job availability is decreasing and im worried i wont find a job after uni.

Also my track hasn't updated yet and aston have said i have to accept their offer by tomorrow noon.

Is it normal for ucas to take their time with updating track?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha I know right! You will love pharmacy at Aston! It is a truly amazing course. I think if they havn't update it by 4/5pm phone them up! I had a friend who didn't get her grades for Optom last year but they accepted her anyways and I think track updated around 6pm for her.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vicodin)
    Its Cumbria uni
    I've rang three times now cause i dont know what to do with myself!
    I've PMd you

ReputationRep:
    Not at all happy about my results but at least I got into university, I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    85ums overall

90 in unit 2

80 in unit 1
    Very nice! I am a little disappointed with my unit 1 resit at a B (76) but my unit 2 was an A (84) so I'm relieved that I've got an A overall.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

(Original post by MathsNerd1)
    Now that's how its done! Congratulations man you really deserve it all!
    (Original post by sohailkm96)
    Dude that's insane. You've done really well, you should be really proud of yourself!
    (Original post by Benjy100)
    Wow, very impressive Well done indeed!
    (Original post by Superfrank)
    YOU ARE A DUDE! Seriously, cure cancer or something you genius!
    (Original post by RoseBrilliante)
    Here, take my like
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    Wow absolute genius.
    (Original post by thers)
    Incredible. :adore:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    Truly incredible, you were one of the most active STEP thread posters, you definitely deserve this!
    (Original post by Gotzz)
    How is that even possible?!
    Just wow.
    Well done!
    :eek:

Thank you all.

(Original post by Jack93o)
    what, 5 people in the entire country? :eek: I thought there would've been more
    5 according to an email my teacher received from the Edexcel Emporium; 54 managed it in normal Maths and none in Additional Further as far as I can tell.

Spoiler:
    Show

(Original post by xMr_BrightSide)
    Jeez. Those are the best marks I've ever seen. You need a trophy or something! What uni are you going to?
    (Original post by Burnzi)
    Jeez, well done. What university (if any) did you apply for?
    (Original post by Hustler-1337)

:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

Wow, that is truly impressive. Well done on getting those marks - getting full marks in exams is not easy, let alone getting
    100% in 14 exam papers and almost 100% in a few others. :hat2: One of the highest in the exam board, what an achievement.

What uni are you going to and what are you going to be studying (if you are)

(Sorry if I just made everyone else feel like they're sh** lol, congrats to all. I'm just in shock after seeing this guy)

I'll be studying Maths at Cambridge.

Seriously impressive, you are the most stellar, intellectual and dedicated A-level students I've ever heard of. Absolutely amazing.

A quick concern re: my results

Maths and Further Maths are relatively high with an outlier being S1 (79). But my biggest concern is my low econ mark which drags my overall average below 90. This is what I feared but for what its worth do you think I should still apply?
    If the Economics is dragging it down but your Maths average is still >90 then I'd say it's worth trying. S1 is an outlier but I've met offer holders who have more important modules such as FP1 as their outlier.

ReputationRep:
    ****!!!Still waiting for resultsplusdirect to work!!!

ReputationRep:
    Predicted BBC and came out with A*BB. Shows predictions are a load of bull****.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.