ReputationRep:
    Any news from Mofo?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    AC invite Osborne Clarke! Any tips?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trisha.b)
    AC invite Osborne Clarke! Any tips?
    Well done!! I'm still waiting to hear back.. which office did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CountryBumpkin14)
    Well done!! I'm still waiting to hear back.. which office did you apply to?
    All the best! Let me know when you hear. I applied on the last day.
    London

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had an OC assessment centre??
    (Applied in December. Heard about AC today)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trisha.b)
    All the best! Let me know when you hear. I applied on the last day.
    London
    Thanks! Ah okay I applied to Bristol so fingers crossed! Good luck for the AC - just be friendly and down to earth - OC don't do snooty!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NT2802)
    I had a TC one last year.
    Office tour, group role play about a case, presenting the findings to the assesses, written task, verbal reasoning test, then lunch/ meet&greet.
    Biggest piece of advice - have a big breakfast! I struggled trying to scoff a sandwich, hold a drink, hold my bag and shake people's hands!!

ReputationRep:
    From everyones experience - how do HR and partner interviews differ specifically for TC/Vacation Schemes?

I have heard from friends that HR focuses more on competency, whereas partners focus more on law, commercial questions etc but not sure how true this is?

Also (sorry for the many questions) what type of questions are generally acceptable to ask HR at the end of an interview - I've only ever had a paralegal/admin interview with HR so I was able to ask more about the role but for a vacation scheme that info is readily available on the website

ReputationRep:
    And also - which office?

ReputationRep:
    And also - which office?
    London

ReputationRep:
    London
    Congrats! When are you going? I got one too.

ReputationRep:
    I had a TC one last year.
    Office tour, group role play about a case, presenting the findings to the assesses, written task, verbal reasoning test, then lunch/ meet&greet.
    Biggest piece of advice - have a big breakfast! I struggled trying to scoff a sandwich, hold a drink, hold my bag and shake people's hands!!
    Thanks!! It sounds SO INTIMIDATING. Is the assessment particularly hard?

ReputationRep:
    Any news from Milbank anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yazooo)
    Thank you, and all the best with your interview!
    Thanks! It went ok, I wouldn't say brilliantly, but ok! I was really nervous and only used half the time for the first question ...

A few things to note are:
    1. You can practice the practice question as many times as you like, and they don't see it. (Question stays the same obviously)
    2. You answer 4 competency questions, you have 15 seconds to read the question before it starts recording
    3. You have two minutes to answer each one, and you can finish answering early by clicking stop

ReputationRep:
    Is it just four competency questions or are there commercial questions/questions about the firm as well?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DonnieCA)
    Is it just four competency questions or are there commercial questions/questions about the firm as well?

Thanks

Just 4 competency questions.

ReputationRep:
    fairly standard or any that really threw you? 15 seconds is NOT a lot of time to think of an example off the cuff!

ReputationRep:
    fairly standard or any that really threw you? 15 seconds is NOT a lot of time to think of an example off the cuff!

Um two were standard, two I thought were pretty bizarre and I really had a little panic in the 15 seconds trying to think of a good example. I assume they randomly select questions from a question bank though.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrainingChopeful)
    From everyones experience - how do HR and partner interviews differ specifically for TC/Vacation Schemes?

I have heard from friends that HR focuses more on competency, whereas partners focus more on law, commercial questions etc but not sure how true this is?

Also (sorry for the many questions) what type of questions are generally acceptable to ask HR at the end of an interview - I've only ever had a paralegal/admin interview with HR so I was able to ask more about the role but for a vacation scheme that info is readily available on the website
    Ask HR anything unless it is a technical question about law, but I would not recommend even asking a lawyer something like that either.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Most people would start to answer the same question in less than 15 seconds in a face-to-face interview.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.