Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liamc1997)
    From what I've been told, graphs & differentiation are quite popular maths questions
    (Original post by Username13)
    Which areas of maths should we need to know about?
    Anyone seen any example of maths questions??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ndhala)
    Anyone seen any example of maths questions??
    I think you should expect anything from AS

ReputationRep:
    Buzzing - interview at Pembroke College Oxford for E&M...

ReputationRep:
    A bit random but would anyone say dropping M1 for FP2 is stupid as I dislike Mechanics?Also pure modules are helpful for someone like me as Im doing Economics and a lot of Further methods are used I believe whereas I would almost never use any M1 methods in econ.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rkai01)
    A bit random but would anyone say dropping M1 for FP2 is stupid as I dislike Mechanics?Also pure modules are helpful for someone like me as Im doing Economics and a lot of Further methods are used I believe whereas I would almost never use any M1 methods in econ.
    Unless you're sure that you can do as well, if not better, in FP2 as you could in M1, there is no reason why you can't.

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from Exeter and York now, just waiting on LSE, UCL and Warwick :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amw101)
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amw101)
    How long did you have to wait for your Exeter offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill Twix)
    Good luck!
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wojtek97)
    How long did you have to wait for your Exeter offer?
    2 weeks exactly

ReputationRep:
    I've got my Cambridge interview at Churchill on Saturday, and just wondering whether they are more likely to ask questions based on maths I did last year or have done so far this year so I can focus my preparation. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hmm found out that I'm actually predicted A*AA instead of A*A*A because my economics teacher doesn't predict A*s oddly even though I had 80/80 on the 1 paper and 93% average ums, so predicted a*aa in maths,eco and physics). Do you think that's going to have a big impact on offers from unis like bath/bristol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abccba120)
    Hmm found out that I'm actually predicted A*AA instead of A*A*A because my economics teacher doesn't predict A*s oddly even though I had 80/80 on the 1 paper and 93% average ums, so predicted a*aa in maths,eco and physics). Do you think that's going to have a big impact on offers from unis like bath/bristol?
    I am applying with A* AA predicted.Make sure your PS is quite good!

ReputationRep:
    I am applying with A* AA predicted.Make sure your PS is quite good!
    Yeah I'm confident in my PS, btw what subjects are you studying and what did you get at AS if you don't mind?

ReputationRep:
    Make a complaint to your headmaster, get your parents involved or something as you clearly deserve the prediction here. It could potentially affect your UCAS although difficult to say how big the impact but you don't want to be at a potential disadvantage to those predicted A* in the subject with <90%.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm confident in my PS, btw what subjects are you studying and what did you get at AS if you don't mind?
    I assume my AS results are much worse than yours.I got A in Economics,B's in Maths,Physics and ICT.Studying the same subject as you

ReputationRep:
    I assume my AS results are much worse than yours.I got A in Economics,B's in Maths,Physics and ICT.Studying the same subject as you
    Well I wouldn't say much worse aha, I had AAAB (B in chemistry)& where have you applied too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    Make a complaint to your headmaster, get your parents involved or something as you clearly deserve the prediction here. It could potentially affect your UCAS although difficult to say how big the impact but you don't want to be at a potential disadvantage to those predicted A* in the subject with <90%.
    Hmm I'll speak to my head of sixth form tomorrow morning about it. I heard my economics teacher say that he doesn't predict A*s because he doesn't want to put pressure on students.

ReputationRep:
    Well I wouldn't say much worse aha, I had AAAB (B in chemistry)& where have you applied too?
    I am still sending off my application.My school has delayed it!

ReputationRep:
    I am still sending off my application.My school has delayed it!
    Yeah that happened to me to! Mine just got sent off last Friday, I was told to choose 4 options first,see how they pan out then add my last choice so mine got sent of with 4 choices. So where are you thinking of applying?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.