Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paraphilos)
    By substitution; let x = 5^{4y}
    then what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mutleybm1996)
    then what?
    Then, \log(x) = 4y\log(5). Now upon implicit differentiation, you should get a suitable substitution for dy.

Some have stated general results for the behaviour of the function f(x) = a^x; I don't know what you have been taught so I am assuming that all you guys know is integration by substitution.

ReputationRep:
    Reckon I have 405 UMS so far , so need 75 in this for the A I need for uni

256 from AS and 149 (C3+D1) clearly im underperforming in A2 maths.. tomorrow needs to change.. im good at integration however .. connected rates of change .. differential equations .. vectors I could really improve on *sigh*

might try all the Qs from them 3 topics tomorrow morning for a few hrs.. planning to do 2 past papers now

ReputationRep:
    For the formula of shapes and **** will they give it to us? eg volume of a cone etc
    Asking cause in recent papers they tend to give in the question as a sub point...

ReputationRep:
    Anybody know how to integrate 5^2x Squared

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H1143999)
    Anybody know how to integrate 5^2x Squared
    Note that (5^{2x})^2 = 5^{4x}; then, see my post above.

If you meant a square on x then I really don't think you guys have learnt this, surely?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paraphilos)
    By substitution; let x = 5^{4y}
    Hi sorry can u elaborate a little bit more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatGuyRik)
    For the formula of shapes and **** will they give it to us? eg volume of a cone etc
    Asking cause in recent papers they tend to give in the question as a sub point...
    Depends how simple the shape is, and how long the question is, if you can only loose two marks by not knowing the volume of a sphere they probably won't give it to you.
    If you could possibly loose 9 marks by not knowing the volume of a cone (like in last years question) then they will give it to you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna go to sleep now.. I'd advise everyone to get a good nights sleep before the exam... I've learnt this the hard way with C3...
    Good luck tomorrow guys may the Edexcel Gods be merciful on us tomorrow..

ReputationRep:
    for 2x-4xdy/dx-4y+4ydy/dx=0 can I write that as dy/dx= (4y-2x)/(-4x+4y)

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    only 2 marks :| anybody ?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    How's everyone going about tomorrow? I'm going to do 2 gold papers and that's it before the exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bustamove)
    Don't they give these to us in the question? they usually give us one of these formulas if it's related to the question? like the june 2014 one?
    Yeah i noticed the recent papers have them but for ex Jan 08 didn't and i havent done too many papers to say for sure but its just revision anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joe1545)
    Depends how simple the shape is, and how long the question is, if you can only loose two marks by not knowing the volume of a sphere they probably won't give it to you.
    If you could possibly loose 9 marks by not knowing the volume of a cone (like in last years question) then they will give it to you.
    LOL last years one cleaned people out.

cheers.

ReputationRep:
    Don't know if this will help, but you can check my answer.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dante991)
    How's everyone going about tomorrow? I'm going to do 2 gold papers and that's it before the exam.
    im not even sure anymore, i havnt tried gold papers though
    currently doing solomon L
    whatre gold papers like, are they more beneficial/easier/harder?

ReputationRep:

cheers.
    damn your picture is cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jubilant_joej)
    Differentiate to get (5^4y)ln5 then multiply by differential of 4y using chain rule
    don't understand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bustamove)
    damn your picture is cool
    I wanted a tesseract but i'm not paying for membership XD

ReputationRep:

cheers.
    I know it did, i was one of those people

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.